Nugget Shooter Forums

I thought the coin/relic folks might like to see what my daughters and I pulled from our change bowl. We empty it every year or two and go through it for cool coins before taking them in for cash. This year was epic! Now keep in mind I dont know anything about these so "epic" is a relative term. But we did get more of these than foreign coins this time. Lol!

Attach19444_20191125_194545.jpg 

• Like 5
  • well done 1
  • wow 1

1864 indian head penny could be worth a couple cases of beer, or more, course the silver dimes, too, all depending on condition...

11 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

I thought the coin/relic folks might like to see what my daughters and I pulled from our change bowl. We empty it every year or two and go through it for cool coins before taking them in for cash. This year was epic! Now keep in mind I dont know anything about these so "epic" is a relative term. But we did get more of these than foreign coins this time. Lol!

Attach19444_20191125_194545.jpg 

It's odd you posted this. A couple weeks ago I saw an article where people were making $10,000 to $15,000 per year searching for old coins. They would use every means available to obtain rolls of coins from various sources. Then they would go through them looking for old coins like you found. I  find it hard to believe that one can make that much as I use a lot of coins but haven't found a single keeper for a long time.

Excellent finds by the way.:thumbsupanim

Edited by Morlock

That sounds like a lot of money to make from finds like this. I have been using cash much more lately and there is a lot of retirees around here and estate sales all over the place. Maybe I am in a good place for this kind of thing. Makes me want to start my own coinstar company.

The article was focused one ways to make money from home. I guess one could do well but it would require lots of patience which would be needed searching through thousands of coins. 

WOW where do you get change like that anymore. Some lil'ol' knucklehead inta his Poppas collection I'll bet- John

• Like 2