Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

OUTING HAS CHANGED PLACES!!!!!! READ!!!!!

Hey all. I have been in contact with Bill and he had to change the area we are going to camp.  He got stuck trying to get across the wash in his RV.

It will be at a big camp spot on the RIGHT side of CASTLE HOT SPRINGS ROAD. It is just before the pavement ends.

Tom H. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ArcticDave said:

We drove over and pulled him out of the wash. Forgot my camera though...:Just_Cuz_15:

OH good one....We could have shamed him.   Did he stick the rear end? Or the sand? Is it washed out a lot?
Tom

• Haha 1

Okay so right before N. Mine Road when the pavement ends on Castle Hot Springs??

Edited by wygold

This is zoomed in a bit. It is about 1/4 mile past the last house on the right. If you get to the dirt road, you went too far.

outing.jpg

17 minutes ago, wygold said:

Okay so right before N. Mine Road when the pavement ends on Castle Hot Springs??

Yes, I put up another map.

Tom

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TomH said:

OH good one....We could have shamed him.   Did he stick the rear end? Or the sand? Is it washed out a lot?
Tom

I know! Too bad I forgot it:tisk-tisk:

He got it stuck again pulling it into the other spot too. :inocent:

He just doesn't know how to drive the thing yet, I guess...as the trail is no worse than it has ever been. He got it hung up on the tail roller both times.

No air bags as they are rotted out so very little clearance. Dave idea on how to drive it was gun it to get across and tear it up lol. Not an option even for someone like me that does not know how to drive.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Dave idea on how to drive it was gun it to get across and tear it up lol.

There are 3 ways to do things:

1) The right way

2) The wrong way

3) Dave's way. Which is usually the wrong way...but faster:brows:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hope someone told Debbie from Minelab.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I hope someone's leaving good clear signs for the people who won't see this post..

We were out by Stanton :black_knight_standing:when Mike Furness texted me about the new spot 👍. Maybe he's looking forward to potato salad Saturday afternoon. 

Thanks Mike! 

PS: Linda just made me get back on here to tell everyone about how I drove a Kia Sportage across the wash after taking it up the wash to the Vulture Bait claim. 

She said it was a hell of a ride! And I was a good driver :thumbsupanim

Edited by AaronBazor
Linda made me do it....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bill & Deb & Gang are on right hand  side of Castle Hot Spring Rd. road, just pass the last house still on pavement,  Can't  Miss Them !!! And Yes Debbie from Minelab is there as well !!!! Come have some fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dig It

Anyone going to the 'old' spot has to pass the new one.  I've seen others park there with clean, expensive RVs because they don't want to get them dirty!

Does this still require the Land Trust permit be displayed?

Mitchel

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Does this still require the Land Trust permit be displayed?

Yes it does Mitchel.

Where do you get a land trust permit from?  Do gas stations have that?  Pardon my ignorance - I'm from Canada and winging it.

23 minutes ago, BuddyK said:

Where do you get a land trust permit from?  Do gas stations have that?  Pardon my ignorance - I'm from Canada and winging it.

You can buy and get the permit online, then just print it out, not sure how to get one in person or if that's possible on a Saturday, but there is a number you can call to find out.

https://asld.secure.force.com/recreationalpermit/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Au Seeker said:

You can buy and get the permit online, then just print it out, not sure how to get one in person or if that's possible on a Saturday, but there is a number you can call to find out.

https://asld.secure.force.com/recreationalpermit/

Thanks for this - I want to comply with regulations, but I'm coming at this out of the blue a little bit.   I should be out there for 4 or 5 hours on Saturday - I'm reading the manual of my metal detector just now :)    

• Like 2

Buddy, I bought mine online and received the 2 files, parking permit and recreational permit, in an email. I went to a local shipping store and they printed it out for me, cost $1 buck. 

Hope this helps. 

On 11/14/2019 at 9:31 PM, AaronBazor said:

We were out by Stanton :black_knight_standing:when Mike Furness texted me about the new spot 👍. Maybe he's looking forward to potato salad Saturday afternoon. 

Thanks Mike! 

PS: Linda just made me get back on here to tell everyone about how I drove a Kia Sportage across the wash after taking it up the wash to the Vulture Bait claim. 

She said it was a hell of a ride! And I was a good driver :thumbsupanim

It’s a capable machine in the right hands 👍🏻

Edited by River Styx