Nugget Shooter Forums

In my amateur opinion, the rocks are worthless. 

If you could find these by the railroad cart full, with access to a railroad, ad had millions to invest in the process, perhaps these could be some type of ore to make iron or copper with.  If the black one burned, you could sell pounds of it as coal.  These type of rocks require a large refining process to produce.  Perhaps the green shows a copper ore of some sorts, again same story about railroad cars and millions of dollars.

I'd bet most of those would be magnetic, which means iron.

If you found dump trucks full of these rocks, perhaps there's some value in them as landscaping rocks.  In Arizona, 1 ton of these rocks, or 36 five gallon buckets, would be between $35 and  $55.  Again with this, its mass production, but perhaps a few machines for tens of thousands of dollars could make it worth your while.  Need to have quite the supply of them though,

• Like 2

Middle of the desert...huh?

lots of fossil sea shells in the first pic. Way cooler find than some light copper oxide staining.

• Like 1

I’d guess iron ore and calcite for the first two. The rest look like low grade agates and jaspers. The green staining might be chrysocolla. 

Are they valuable? No.

Can you sell them? Not legally if they were found on public land. Legally if they were found on private property and you have permission from the owner.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, chrisski said:

In my amateur opinion, the rocks are worthless. 

If you could find these by the railroad cart full, with access to a railroad, ad had millions to invest in the process, perhaps these could be some type of ore to make iron or copper with.  If the black one burned, you could sell pounds of it as coal.  These type of rocks require a large refining process to produce.  Perhaps the green shows a copper ore of some sorts, again same story about railroad cars and millions of dollars.

I'd bet most of those would be magnetic, which means iron.

If you found dump trucks full of these rocks, perhaps there's some value in them as landscaping rocks.  In Arizona, 1 ton of these rocks, or 36 five gallon buckets, would be between $35 and  $55.  Again with this, its mass production, but perhaps a few machines for tens of thousands of dollars could make it worth your while.  Need to have quite the supply of them though,

oh that's frustrating :( we thought we'll make some decent money out of these

cuz in the same area some ppl found space rocks 

11 hours ago, Desertpilot said:

Middle of the desert...huh?

lots of fossil sea shells in the first pic. Way cooler find than some light copper oxide staining.

Yes, in the middle of the desert literally. to be specific, near west Sahara in the Mauritanian border but later on my friends came to Nouadhibou city which is like an island where we took some of these pictures 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, d_day said:

I’d guess iron ore and calcite for the first two. The rest look like low grade agates and jaspers. The green staining might be chrysocolla. 

Are they valuable? No.

Can you sell them? Not legally if they were found on public land. Legally if they were found on private property and you have permission from the owner.

in my country anything you find in the desert is yours as long as you're a citizen except for some areas

Edited by amed
48 minutes ago, amed said:

in my country anything you find in the desert is yours as long as you're a citizen except for so areas

What country do you live in? Amed sounds like it's from the middle east.

2 hours ago, amed said:

in my country anything you find in the desert is yours as long as you're a citizen except for some areas

I’m sorry that I assumed you were in the US. Almost all the members of this forum are, so it’s an easy mistake to make. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, d_day said:

I’m sorry that I assumed you were in the US. Almost all the members of this forum are, so it’s an easy mistake to make. 

It okay, I see. And Probably i'm the first Mauritanian you've ever met 

41 minutes ago, d_day said:

And looking more closely at your pics, the stones I thought were agates look more like vesicular basalt. 

You mean these with molten look? we were so excited about them we thought they're meteorites 🤦‍♂️

what about this one  👇 is it valuable?

20191107_161126.jpg

20191107_161142.jpg

20191107_161201.jpg

Hard to exactly what you have. Could be agate or possibly petrified wood.

You'd need much bigger pieces and a market for them to be worth anything.

• Like 1

Last 5 photos are  slag.  Red rocks look like saprolite (highly weathered "rotted" rocks); one has some green copper mineral on the outside.  White rock is a Gniess (metamorphic rock).  First photo looks to be either a mineralized ore or a igneous rock that has has been changed mostly into the mineral  Chlorite and wad (black magnesium,manganese and others).  Second photo looks like the Gniess that has been changed into Chlorite and other minerals. 

All together the rocks speak of an area that once had geothermal activity.  Very nice!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, amed said:

Yes, in the middle of the desert literally. to be specific, near west Sahara in the Mauritanian border but later on my friends came to Nouadhibou city which is like an island where we took some of these pictures 

I think I've looked at photos of dinosaur bones or teeth, which were found somewhere in that area.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, amed said:

You mean these with molten look? we were so excited about them we thought they're meteorites 🤦‍♂️

20191107_161126.jpg

20191107_161142.jpg

20191107_161201.jpg

This here I.m holding, is what a reddish type of petrified wood looks like, found at a certain spot in the Arizona desert after polishing.

WIN_20191107_19_58_33_Pro.jpg

WIN_20191107_19_58_39_Pro.jpg

WIN_20191107_19_58_49_Pro.jpg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, amed said:

20191107_161126.jpg

20191107_161142.jpg

20191107_161201.jpg

Looks like flint. Flint with these kinds of patterns could be worth $10-$20 a pound if you found pieces large enough to be cut into slabs for cabochon making. 

• Like 1
On 11/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, Red_desert said:

Nouadhibou city

Bay of Nouadhibou Ship Graveyard – Nouadhibou, Mauritania ...

The city of Nouadhibou is the second largest settlement in Mauritania, but due to the limited employment activities, it is also somewhat poor. This economic hardship, as it often does, led to...