Nugget Shooter Forums

Research into Gold Nugget Hunting

Hi,

I am undertaking a research project at university investigating the detection and extraction of surface gold. I'd appreciate it if you could fill in this short questionnaire to help with my background research. It should take around 6 minutes to complete,

Thank you very much

https://forms.gle/qX6h7hcoSFGfPDrW7

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Terry Soloman said:

I filled it out. It's complete BS, but anything for a new member. :stupidrb:

I agree. Looks like he's researching for an autonomous method of detecting for gold nuggets. It may very well happen some day but it's a long way off into the future.

• Like 1

Happy to fill it out. And not BS to me. We've got a rover crawling around on Mars. They're currently working the kinks out of self-driving cars that will likely be widespread within a decade. An autonomous vehicle with a detector attached that could crawl around the desert, locate targets and mark a waypoint? That seems more than feasible to me, way simpler to design than a self driving car.

Now designing one and making it a profitable venture, that will likely be a challenge. 

• Like 2

This could be nice and will happen someday.  Now, for $110 million dollars, we can have a rover drive autonomously and take pictures.  I'm wondering how long to take the technology where it can detect dig and identify targets.  Isaac Asimov an old science fiction writer talked about sending robots to the moon to do this and this lead to a booming economy, kind of like when the Spanish brought back gold from the new world.

• Like 1

This survey was created by someone that has no clue about what nuggetshooting is all about!  I filled it out, but that's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.  The entire premise is silly.  Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

Reading that survey made me feel like a computer was asking me how I like propespecting. Wtf! We dont need robots digging targets for us, wheres the fun in that! The op should spend his time deveolping a detector that only hears gold, now that I'd buy for a dollar!

• Like 1