Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mn90403

Reno Park Ring

I took a trip to the Sierras last Monday and didn't find any nuggets and with the fire danger I got chased to a motel in Reno.  When I got there I researched the parks and decided to go to one.  I got a very late start but went to Fisherman's Park which was not far from where I was staying in Sparks.  This is one weird park on the Truckee River.  There are tents, camps, fires and shopping carts all over this place.  I found it very odd but decided to detect it anyway with the 800 I bought from Bill.  I had to avoid a few people laying around and work some slopes and I found a few coins, a suspender clip and an old rolled penny.  It has the 10 commandments on it.

I could tell there were 'eyes' on me and it was time to get going so on the way out I worked the thick grass.  I got a target that sounded like a penny (19-20) but decided to dig it anyway.  I got under the grass and used my pointer to make sure I knew where to push up with my tool.  Then I saw the ring still in the grass and dirt.  It was dark and stained and I sure didn't want to hold it up in that park.  I dropped it in my Minelab bag and swung a bit more before I ended the less than 1 hour hunt.

IMG_20191022_143935.jpg

IMG_20191022_143942.jpg

IMG_20191022_143928.jpg

IMG_20191022_144022.jpg

When I got to the parking area which was never more than 200 yards away from me there was a car, a guy and little black dog who had been near his tent and some other cars so I didn't stay long.  While I was digging at the ring site I was alarmed by what I thought was something wizing by my head.  I could have been wrong but I've never felt that way about anything before.  It was kinda like an air rifle shot if you've ever shot one of those.

It was a good hunt just the same.  The ring is about 15g and 10k which is better than I thought when I first looked at it.

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_20191022_160138.jpg

This is a palm tree on the ring but I didn't know it when I was taking the picture!

After I left I saw a very odd thing.  This guy had a dog on his back.  He was on a bicycle and the dog had on a wig.  I followed them to their house.

IMG_20191022_150829.jpgIMG_20191022_150908.jpgIMG_20191022_150923.jpgIMG_20191022_150941.jpgIMG_20191022_151007.jpg

Click on the pictures and it will give you another picture and click on that one and it will enlarge for you.  I just had to follow this guy on the bike.  I thanked him for letting me take the pictures with my phone.

Mitchel

• Like 4
  • well done 1

You know what they say about Reno, it's so close to hell you can see Sparks from there. That's a joke of course i love living in Reno, hardly a dull moment. Congrats on the ring! :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Congrats on the ring..  Yeah there are some dandy peeps that hang out (live) around the river.  If I were homeless in Reno...  I would never go hungry.. There are ducks and geese all over there.  With that said, It every well could have been a pellet that whizzed by your head.:confused0089[1]:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I detected that park back in the early 80s and fishing wasn't all that bad back then either. Worked right down at road at Hamilton for years. John

When I cleaned up the ring I could read that it was 18K!!!  I don't know why it tarnished so ...

• Like 3

Congratulations on the RING!:thumbsupanim