Nugget Shooter Forums

OUTING HEAD COUNT  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you? Important we know...

We need to know how many will attend so Tammy and I can get enough Meat for the main course. We are smoking pork and making Pork barbecue for sandwiches. So if you have a beef or other recipe to add as a main course feel free to add it. As usual we expect attendees to bring a side dish for the pot luck as well. After we eat will be the prize giveaway including a new Minelab Metal Detector. So please register here and see ya in November! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bill and Tammy, Randy and Janet Cocherell will be to 2 days of the outing. We won't be camping. Staying at Stanton. See you then. By the way, love the Gold Monster I got from you last outing.

Sloppy joes and corn bread for dad and I. :)
Tom

• Like 5

I'll bring some homemade coleslaw.

• Like 3

I will be bringing my Chili if I can figure a way to keep it cool from Wednesday to Saturday. May have to freeze it and keep on ice and reheat Saturday.

• Like 2

I'll be there attending the potluck on Saturday with my friend Linda. Just the two of us and I clicked the head counter up above. 

Likely we will be wearing shirts with our names on them and hopefully meet some of you guys and ladies. 

Our flight, car and housing reservations are already booked and confirmed. We will be staying in Wickenburg and will be there on the 10th through the 20th. Linda will be using my old Gold Striker and I will be using - learning my new GPX 5000... Likely I'll be back in the spring for a couple of months and R-V camping in Stanton. 

I'm thinking about making a southern potato salad to bring since we're coming from Georgia and staying in a place where we can cook.... 

We're both looking forward to our visit! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

I will be bringing my Chili if I can figure a way to keep it cool from Wednesday to Saturday. May have to freeze it and keep on ice and reheat Saturday.

Buy a Yeti :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

17 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Buy a Yeti :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

Got one better! ... Pelican! :inocent:

Not going to make it to this one Bill, but I'm sending you this for the raffle. :oregonian_winesmiley:

P1070105.JPG

P1070106.JPG

P1070108.JPG

• Like 8
  • well done 2

Dang it! I think this will be the first LSD outing in years... that I will miss the Saturday chow line. :cry2:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • wow 2

Hi Bill,

I will be attending alone for three days and two nights. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

• Like 1

We plan on getting there Wed. and stay till Monday. Cowboy beans for the pot luck. Can't wait.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 1:25 PM, Terry Soloman said:

Not going to make it to this one Bill, but I'm sending you this for the raffle. :oregonian_winesmiley:

P1070105.JPG

P1070106.JPG

P1070108.JPG

Thank you Terry!

• Like 1

Looks like we have a lot of bean counters ... ah ... I mean bean cookers here. Maybe I will skip my chili and opt for something else. Any requests???

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

Looks like we have a lot of bean counters ... ah ... I mean bean cookers here. Maybe I will skip my chili and opt for something else. Any requests???

Pork Green Chili ???  :D

2 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Pork Green Chili ???  :D

Who brought the Pork Green Chile (aka Chile Verde) last year?

If I had Fred Mason's recipe I might give it a try!

• Like 1

Mike

my version of Chili Verde May not satisfy the purists....

a small batch:

three pounds bbq pork ribs- boneless

one large can of chopped green chili 

several garlic cloves 

one or two tablespoons of ground Red Pepper 

Two chopped serrano peppers and 3 to 5 whole, how hot do you want it?

chop the meat, dump the rest in, cover with a beer and water, bring to a boil, simmer to your hearts delight!

I like to thicken with cornstarch .

I won,t be there...have fun!

fred

salt to taste

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, Mike Furness said:

Lobster...or crab. :4chsmu1:

Tom H. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/22/2019 at 2:33 PM, TomH said:

Lobster...or crab. :4chsmu1:

Tom H. 

I didn't send Bill and Tammy lobster from NH this year because it was almost all Canadian Lobster. Maine/NH Lobster was lousy this year and priced to perfection! Not the market I wanted to play in! :rolleyes: And to buy Lobster around here when one is used to FRESH RIGHT OFF THE BOAT lobster is a crime punishable by a life sentence of no steamed clams(love these much more than lobster!) ever again! No sense living anymore with that punishment! :inocent:

• Haha 2

If nobody has offered to bring paper plates and silverware I will be happy to bring them. Heavy duty plates and heavy duty silverware.

I would like to attend this outing if possible. Just recently move to central Arizona, so I do not know anybody to go detecting with. It would be me and my wife. I don’t belong to any local clubs, just AMRA. So let me know how i can find more information on outing. Thanks! Travis 

• Like 1

I plan on attending this outing,  i'm new to nugget hunting and would love pointers on the Equinox....looking forward to meeting the Nugget Shooter followers. 

Spike McLane

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TravisAMRA said:

I would like to attend this outing if possible. Just recently move to central Arizona, so I do not know anybody to go detecting with. It would be me and my wife. I don’t belong to any local clubs, just AMRA. So let me know how i can find more information on outing. Thanks! Travis 

The first post in the linked topic below should have all the info on the outing.

Also this video has info in it as well.