Nugget Shooter Forums

Comprehensive: Sed-Type Meteorite candidate

WELL  GEE,...….?????
I'm tuning in late to this post Odinxgen, but I have a puzzeling question about one of the samples you posted a photo of,.
Is the sample in this photo ( the circled area)  "Pregnant" ?  :mornincoffee:  Inquiring minds want to know ? :snapoutofit:

20190802_101607.thumb.jpg.1fbca9bd0e1b39fac98b5c7abc81bf58.jpg

• Like 1

This has become so much more than an opinion about a rock hasn't it?

I honestly don't think it was ever about exploding Martian sandstone. Just the fact that it is supposed to be about exploding Martian sandstone indicates that there is some deeper motivation.

I think we need a special forum for psycho-geological and neuroterrestrial specimens. Maybe offer diagnosis with the mineral identification?

There must be some way we can help these troubled souls. This guy is desperate, living in the streets. Just him and his sandstone, his camera and his computer. In a cardboard box behind the bowling alley. Trying desperately to make someone believe his sandstone is from Mars.

It is his only hope. His last resort. He has bet it all on the rock and now all he needs is just one guy on Nugget Shooter Forum to say they believe him. Just one real meteorite hunter to endorse his observations and methodology. Just one man who will admit it could be possible. 

Well Odin I want you to know I hear you brother. I realize how hard it is and how desperate you are to have someone on your side. You are obviously in need of professional help. Not for the rock. It is a hunk of sandstone. But for your mental health.

If what you tell us about your situation is true then you need to seek help. For your own good. Obsessing on this rock is not healthy. You are an emotional wreck man! Talk to a mental health professional.

Life is too short to be unhappy and you are obviously unhappy. Don't bum us out here with your sob stories. We aren't your therapist or your momma. You came here for advice and got solid advice about your rock and your head.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, frank c said:

WELL  GEE,...….?????
I'm tuning in late to this post Odinxgen, but I have a puzzeling question about one of the samples you posted a photo of,.
Is the sample in this photo ( the circled area)  "Pregnant" ?  :mornincoffee:  Inquiring minds want to know ? :snapoutofit:

20190802_101607.thumb.jpg.1fbca9bd0e1b39fac98b5c7abc81bf58.jpg

That is the cone IE the face of the orientation it likely had, this structure is a higher grade of metamorphose and is heavier than some other sides even though it is smaller.

Lol but your post is dripping with sarcasm  and I promise you that joining in with these experts you are going to be humiliated. I've saved all of this and I can hold a grudge for a very long time.

-Odin

• Sad 1

Bedrock bob,

I seen your post and wanted to respond in kind, you can say it's a sandstone... Because it is a sandstone. It IS also a meteorite.

I don't think you understand complex ideas and you look like the type of guy that likes to dress up in camo and pretend to be a survivalist. 

And while I can understand how someone like you can remain completely oblivious to the facts, because they demand research that someone like you won't have the capacity to understand.

I hope you feel good saying all of these things to me, I've saved all of these pages and will continue to review the non-answers and complete lack of any supporting evidence proving me wrong, trying to find a nugget of information that is not "its a sandstone" or "you're a crazy person" 

So far what I can see from youre argument is I am wrong because you seen a rock that looked just like this one at your watering hole. Sorry but that's insane and I will not push aside all of my supporting research and say "well im wrong!" because you seen rock that look like rock.

As far as you're very hurtful words and calling me basically a handicapped or mentally impaired individual, I will leave this to the admins but this is what the 3rd or 4th time you've made seriously personal attacks. 

But my response is this. "You don't fricking know me, You have no idea the crap I am willing to go through to follow this through and get a solid answer. I'm not just homeless, I'm living on the streets by choice. I made this choice myself. And yeah, I've got a sandstone that I know is a meteorite and I have it stored safely, And I out of my last bit of energy forced it into a lab surrendering my safety net. You can imagine me sleeping in a cardboard box behind a bowling alley, I'm sure that makes you feel real good about how wrong I must be. But that's not reality. The reality is I'm fine, Just fine. And if you aren't losing sleep over how screwed up your posting here is and how wrong you might be... I think you need that help more than I do, Bruh."

- ODIN

Are you saying you are getting messages from someone on this forum telling you to pursue this path? I find that really hard to believe. Why don’t any of your supporters care to comment with their encouraging messages and supporting ideas on the thread you made? It’s strange that they will only offer support to your cause in secrecy, via private message. Sounds like finding a sandstone meteorite is some real cloak and dagger type stuff. Even the “supporters” who believe in your cause have chosen to remain anonymous so far....

In all honesty Odin you are really being dense about this. You got some real educated guys who’ve devoted YEARS to this subject giving you advice. You are not even smart enough to recognize wisdom when it’s being freely giving to you. You are getting freebies here from veterans. This is not normally free info man! These guys put in the time and have the knowledge and are good enough to share it with us. Not only are you getting free advice from some dudes who’ve been around twice as long as you, but your throwing the advice back in their face with insults. You are all mixed up man. If you want to get passionate about finding a meteorite you’ve got guys here who will help. What you’ve chosen to be passionate about is obsessing over that one rock you’ve found, which really has nothing to do meteorites, AND, at the same time, claiming all the other guys who’ve been doing it long before you even thought about your first meteorite, are completely wrong? Can I ask what amazing accomplishments have you achieved in your life that give you the amount of hubris  and misplaced self confidence you have? 

• Like 2

You have posted some wild crap. From exploding Martian sandstone to hints of suicide. You are obsessed with posting here and won't accept others opinions. You are aggressive, vulgar and abusive. You claim to be living in the streets and using your last bit of energy to prove this rock is from space. 

You need professional help my friend. That is good advice from a fellow human who cares about you. You will be much happier, healthier and in a much better position if you stop this unhealthy obsession and accept that there may be an underlying problem that you need to work on.

I apologize if this sounds cruel. But this is the very plain truth and the best advice you are going to get.

Please seek help.

• Like 1

I only commented because you threatened to block people now. I am upset because you are threatening to remove the one aspect of this thread that makes it entertaining. I really enjoy reading this thread, for entertainment purposes, now you are threatening to remove the entertaining part and make it what?.....an educational thread? You will lose your audience pretty quick if you do that. I promise no one is returning to this thread to read replies because they are unsure if that sandstone came from space. 

For as much time as folks spend on the internet I'm really surprised how often they fail to identify an obvious troll.

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain."

This person or persons have found an endless source of amusement in the responses on this forum. Essentially Nuggetshooter forum is becoming a known troll cave. If you like this sort of thing then you will be pleased to know that it will continue until the forum collapses from the weight of the absurdity or electricity ceases to flow.

Trolls need your feedback and responses to continue their act. Your responses are what they feed on. If you don't like being trolled the solution is simple and thousands of years old.

Don't feed the trolls.

troll.gif

1 hour ago, clay said:

For as much time as folks spend on the internet I'm really surprised how often they fail to identify an obvious troll.

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain."

This person or persons have found an endless source of amusement in the responses on this forum. Essentially Nuggetshooter forum is becoming a known troll cave. If you like this sort of thing then you will be pleased to know that it will continue until the forum collapses from the weight of the absurdity or electricity ceases to flow.

Trolls need your feedback and responses to continue their act. Your responses are what they feed on. If you don't like being trolled the solution is simple and thousands of years old.

Don't feed the trolls.

troll.gif

Oh that makes more sense, i don't spend much time on the internet , but i have heard of trolls. No one could be as stupid as this guy unless they had true mental issues.

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2019 at 6:16 PM, Odinxgen said:

Dear reader,

I want to preface this forum post with my deepest and sincerest thank you. Simply by reading this post you assist our entire community by discussing an important topic when it comes to meteorites, Sedimentary meteorites. It is not my intention here, now to convince or change opinions. 

My intention is to open up a dialogue, as it were, between ourselves. If sedimentary meteorites exist, there is no route to verify them and if you read my previous posts you will see that if mine is a true sediment meteorite, it is not received well. But I think everybody here is greatly knowledgeable in rocks, like I am, and there is no help for me at least from the academics, the labs, or researchers in institutions like them.

Let's pursue this with a clean and clear mind, I know it is tiresome to explain why someone is wrong and they won't listen. But this is not the lens we should view this from. It's not everyday that a sandstone with such a strong claim comes forward. This is fact and our community has let one after another slip when it comes to these stones. Frank Cross was wrong once about a copper bearing, this made it easy for people to ridicule him for bringing forward another "observed fall" (or 3) Even though the copper bearing WAS an observed fall, perfectly reasonable right?

Well here we are in 2019, over 50 years later, and while infrequent, a google search on the old meteorite mailing list will reveal that multiple sandstones with ONE very important thing in common have come forward and been met with the same fate as I have met. Ridicule. This one common factor is A white crust. this crust is obvious in my stone and thankfully it does not react to hydrochloric acid, ruling out calcium coating. 

Is it not true that the fusion crust is the most important identifier of a potential meteorite? In the field, do we rely on oxygen isotope data and other sciency tests far beyond me, or physical traits and instinct? This is why I am posting John's stone, as a tribute to this perfect launch pad for our discussion. To argue that this does not look like a meteorite is the argument of a blind man. Our disbelief of meteoric origin of this stone comes from one man. Haack, and his strange isotope data. Don't take my word for it, look it up like I have, I know that this is refutable and I won't try and convince anyone of this at all! But the physical traits are nuts to me! not only physical traits but it is in the epicentre of the event, And is not a stone belonging to this area. Sounds good to me.

Moving past John's stone I want everybody to examine these photos fairly and honestly(**-Edit The images in the gallery Are my stone and all except 1st one here are John's stone from Tunguska event), Please, if you would. I can demonstrate fusion crust easily, and I would like to ask this community to help me prove this. There is no institution, or person that can, I have tried and been laughed at to the point where I actually kind of hate this stone. But right now no geologist can positively ID this stone and they usually rely on all of the fringe things that can happen to a sandstone and saying well it's probably just one of those freak stones!(This was a real thing said to me by a Geologist with a PhD.) 

I will not accept this, and I know that these "freak occurrences" Are EXPECTED in a sed-type. If you don't believe me then refer to the amazing research available, because the deeper I dug the more that was revealed to me. So with that I will shut up, and I am waiting to hear from certain people especially but everybody is welcome to comment but Please keep it to what I would need to do to correctly I.D. If it is a sandstone that's terrestrial that's fine, but I need to be able to prove this. I have heard all opposition to this but there are facts that support my claim that are not being discussed because I have no idea why honestly. Given the strong white crust at the top and the conical teardrop shape(ish?) I think that it's more than fair to finally have a good look at these mythic legends, The White-grey crusted sandstone was thrown out in the past, and people in this community shake their head and say, he should have kept it (Frank Cross). Well here we go I found one and at the end of the day is finding the meteorite not the hardest part!?

https://imgur.com/gallery/jVLSDLv

Happy hunting and warm regards,

-Odin

20190730_022611.jpg

Anfinogenova Y Fig1.JPG

image.png

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

S 3 F 3.jpg

I saw those papers and was so happy I found the one where they strapped rocks to a rocket to test the re-entry. The Stone 5 experiment is my favorite.

I found a rock that looks like sandstone, but it has a rusty iron inclusion in it on the edge that is strongly attracted to a weak magnet. I think that would help prove that sedimentary meteorites are possible? I will get this tested one day and show the results. It would have to be man made, and the matrix is yellowish brown to gray in color but very smooth and sandy with a breccia.

There is even a Facebook page called "The missing sedimentary meteorites". And I think sedimentary meteorites would prove life from other planets somehow?

Let me know if this helps.

I am personally trying to make earth more friendly for aliens. 

20200115_234316.jpg

20200115_234244.jpg

20200115_234334.jpg

20200115_234405.jpg

20200115_234351.jpg

9 hours ago, WillM said:

I saw those papers and was so happy I found the one where they strapped rocks to a rocket to test the re-entry. The Stone 5 experiment is my favorite.

I found a rock that looks like sandstone, but it has a rusty iron inclusion in it on the edge that is strongly attracted to a weak magnet. I think that would help prove that sedimentary meteorites are possible? I will get this tested one day and show the results. It would have to be man made, and the matrix is yellowish brown to gray in color but very smooth and sandy with a breccia.

There is even a Facebook page called "The missing sedimentary meteorites". And I think sedimentary meteorites would prove life from other planets somehow?

I am personally trying to make earth more friendly for aliens

I enjoy reading your posts. The same way I enjoy watching science fiction series such as Ancient Aliens.  This site is very entertaining with people such as yourself posting.

• Thanks 1

I like science fiction too. Thats why I read his posts on sedimentary meteorites. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Morlock said:

I like science fiction too. Thats why I read his posts on sedimentary meteorites. 

I think it is possible extratterestrial life because of the possibility of fossils in the sediment.

18 hours ago, WillM said:

I am personally trying to make earth more friendly for aliens. 

20200115_234316.jpg

20200115_234244.jpg

20200115_234334.jpg

20200115_234405.jpg

20200115_234351.jpg

WillM:

I appreciate your comment, I have spoken about the similarities in this stone and the ones found in Sweden that are now unfortunately a dead horse.

That's pretty clever for you to have connected those stones to this research. As you can see the community in general scoffs at the idea of sedimentary meteorites. Facts are facts and I see these forum members posting all the time saying "No matter how much you wish for you're stone to be a meteorite, it is what it is."

This statement is wildly ironic to me, Because now when the facts are presented opposing their opinion they turn in to asinine children.

But far be it from me to prove these "experts" wrong especially when they are so clearly specialized in the study of extraterrestrial sediments. The comments about this being sci-fi are true, but the plot is presumption and conjecture superseding facts and scientific data.

To speak to the stone in these images, I'm afraid it lacks the characteristics I would expect to see in a sandstone meteorite and all other sed-types should be relatively similar in appearance to their igneous mates but keep looking I could tell you where I found mine. Which is a drop spot for meteorites and has been home to numerous finds I am aware of locally that are not reported.

-Odin 

• Like 1