Nugget Shooter Forums
chrisski

I-11 Corridor Central AZ

Here's a proposed route for I-11 corridor through AZ:

https://i11-viewer.hdrgateway.com/

Does not effect the areas I prospect at all. It will go to the west of the White Tank Mountains, pass about 5 miles south and west of the Vulture Mine, continue North to a couple miles to the west of Wickenburg, and then continue North to where it joins I-93.

I'd originally heard it was going by I-60 from Phoenix through Wickenburg.  I thought I'd lose access to some grounds along the Hassunyumpa by Wickenburg, but it appears not.

More info: http://origin.i11study.com/Arizona/index.asp

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1

Wonder what this is going to accommodate. More trucking coming across the border at Nogales?

It ought to take some heavy traffic( of all stripes ) off of the 60 NW  of Phoenix... as well as keep it away from the city.

The 60 is one slow stretch of road north of town.

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli

9 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

Wonder what this is going to accommodate. More trucking coming across the border at Nogales?

Didn't really say, but this is the explanation from the website:

• Provide a high-priority, access-controlled, north-south transportation corridor
  • Support improved regional mobility for people, goods, and homeland security
  • Connect major metropolitan areas and markets with Mexico and Canada
  • Enhance access to the high-capacity transportation network to support economic vitality
7 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

It ought to take some heavy traffic( of all stripes ) off of the 60 NW  of Phoenix... as well as keep it away from the city.

The 60 is one slow stretch of road north of town.

I did not think the road was that bad.  There was so little between Wickenburg and Vegas, I was wondering how much time that would actually save.  Kingman, Wickieup, and Wickenburg slow you a little.  The new 303 I-10 to 60 avoids the city.

8 minutes ago, chrisski said:

I did not think the road was that bad.  There was so little between Wickenburg and Vegas, 

I have only driven the 60 from Phoenix, north to Wickenburg/Prescott  6 times.

Each time ,whether N or S bound(weekends included), it seemed like one long stretch of strip mall traffic with  the corresponding," we're going to stop you at every traffic light so you can get in/out of the mall or take a good look at the stores to tempt you" ,  type of traffic " flow". 

Of course, that is just one section, but it  is too busy.

Couple that with increasing housing density and commercial buildout,  you can then imagine why  traffic planners are trying to mitigate. 

16 hours ago, chrisski said:

Here's a proposed route for I-11 corridor through AZ:

https://i11-viewer.hdrgateway.com/

Does not effect the areas I prospect at all. It will go to the west of the White Tank Mountains, pass about 5 miles south and west of the Vulture Mine, continue North to a couple miles to the west of Wickenburg, and then continue North to where it joins I-93.

I'd originally heard it was going by I-60 from Phoenix through Wickenburg.  I thought I'd lose access to some grounds along the Hassunyumpa by Wickenburg, but it appears not.

More info: http://origin.i11study.com/Arizona/index.asp

They need to do something about hwy 93 north from wickenburg if they haven't already done so. That was a scary ride when I was out there. You'd be doing the speed limit and that wasn't fast enough for some idiots.

1 hour ago, Morlock said:

They need to do something about hwy 93 north from wickenburg if they haven't already done so. That was a scary ride when I was out there. You'd be doing the speed limit and that wasn't fast enough for some idiots.

That hasn't changed. The roadside between Wickenburg and Wickiup is peppered with white crosses. Everybody is in a hurry to get into Vegas...and in a hurry to get back home. Most likely hung over as well.

Bill Gates of Microsoft is building a new city in the vicinity of the new I-11 ... He bought a huge tract of land near Tonapah (AZ) ... Supposedly it will be both residential and industrial commercial ... He'll have beautiful access to the new freeway...Follow the money! ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1