Nugget Shooter Forums
billpeters

Lights Over Phoenix

"Next you'll be saying that the Phoenix lights in 1997 were not actually UFO but aircraft flares." by Chrisski.

Shhhhh!

The Lights Over Phoenix is a veritable gold mine! Do you know how much money the Lights Over Phoenix mystique makes through TV shows, documentaries, UFO sites, about 50 books and counting, and endless internet conspiracies? The Lights Over Phoenix is sexy. It sells.

Suppose it were to become widely known that the five lights in V formation, which flew from Wickenburg, AZ to the Phoenix suburbs, traveled the 200 mile distance in a slow 30 minutes from 8:00 to 8:30 that early evening averaging just 400 MPH? Or that the five lights with their bright lights facing forward varied in distance from each other? Or that one person in western Phoenix saw them go exactly overhead while another simultaneous report nine miles to the east over central Phoenix saw the craft apparently become invisible (just for him!) as two lights of the configuration crossed on one side of the Moon while the other three passed on the other side? Triangulation of the two known locations would put the Lights Over Phoenix at about 30,000 feet, because the angle of the Moon in the sky was easy to figure out. Or that an amateur astronomer doing evening observing noticed the lights and put his 8-inch Dobsonian telescope on them, saw they were military looking aircraft with sweptback wings, and returned to observing more interesting objects? 

What if it became widely known that there were two Lights Over Phoenix events that night? The second event began at about 10:00 p.m. over the Sierra Estrella Mountains, just southwest of Phoenix. What if it became widely known that the nine bright drifting lights to the southwest, which magically disappeared one by one, exactly matched the angle of each observer to the tops of the mountain range and were coincidentally at the same time that the Maryland National Guard, who train in Arizona, were practicing for nighttime ocean water rescue by dropping high altitude flares from 15,000 feet that flutter down to light up the landscape below?

If this gets out it could destroy an entire industry! The economy needs the Lights Over Phoenix story and every other similar strange account. The good news is that the true believers absolutely want it and will immediately call this out as a conspiracy by the 'Deep State' to cover up the alien visitation.

The Truth is out there.

Don't give it away!

billpeters

Thanks for the laugh.:rolleyes:

Since this seems like a good place to put my paranormal encounters. 

Not to be unsettling.

I have seem a light move quickly and hover then move quickly, then disappear over a city. I have a friend who has seen this phenomenon on his own as well. If Venus did have life, how do we know what form it was in at the end of the planet's sustainability? 

Edited by WillM

All we know is they give off light.  Light iscproduced in many processes, at its greatest intensity "relative to our perception" it also creates heat. I saw the light during the second gravitational wave detection by LIGO.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:25 PM, billpeters said:

"Next you'll be saying that the Phoenix lights in 1997 were not actually UFO but aircraft flares." by Chrisski.

Shhhhh!

The Lights Over Phoenix is a veritable gold mine! Do you know how much money the Lights Over Phoenix mystique makes through TV shows, documentaries, UFO sites, about 50 books and counting, and endless internet conspiracies? The Lights Over Phoenix is sexy. It sells.

Suppose it were to become widely known that the five lights in V formation, which flew from Wickenburg, AZ to the Phoenix suburbs, traveled the 200 mile distance in a slow 30 minutes from 8:00 to 8:30 that early evening averaging just 400 MPH? Or that the five lights with their bright lights facing forward varied in distance from each other? Or that one person in western Phoenix saw them go exactly overhead while another simultaneous report nine miles to the east over central Phoenix saw the craft apparently become invisible (just for him!) as two lights of the configuration crossed on one side of the Moon while the other three passed on the other side? Triangulation of the two known locations would put the Lights Over Phoenix at about 30,000 feet, because the angle of the Moon in the sky was easy to figure out. Or that an amateur astronomer doing evening observing noticed the lights and put his 8-inch Dobsonian telescope on them, saw they were military looking aircraft with sweptback wings, and returned to observing more interesting objects? 

What if it became widely known that there were two Lights Over Phoenix events that night? The second event began at about 10:00 p.m. over the Sierra Estrella Mountains, just southwest of Phoenix. What if it became widely known that the nine bright drifting lights to the southwest, which magically disappeared one by one, exactly matched the angle of each observer to the tops of the mountain range and were coincidentally at the same time that the Maryland National Guard, who train in Arizona, were practicing for nighttime ocean water rescue by dropping high altitude flares from 15,000 feet that flutter down to light up the landscape below?

If this gets out it could destroy an entire industry! The economy needs the Lights Over Phoenix story and every other similar strange account. The good news is that the true believers absolutely want it and will immediately call this out as a conspiracy by the 'Deep State' to cover up the alien visitation.

The Truth is out there.

Don't give it away!

billpeters

Bill could be on to something.

And I pledge to never mention how similar these lights were in all appearances, identical to the flares we (USAF) drops almost nightly just SW of Phoenix at Barry Goldwater Gunnery Range.

4 minutes ago, Edge said:

Bill could be on to something.

And I pledge to never mention how similar these lights were in all appearances, identical to the flares we (USAF) drops almost nightly just SW of Phoenix at Barry Goldwater Gunnery Range.

These aliens have obviously combined light with gravity in a way that makes it so they can't hide it. Light gravity is far more advanced than any science we currently have. We don't have equations that would account for it.

18 minutes ago, WillM said:

These aliens have obviously combined light with gravity in a way that makes it so they can't hide it. Light gravity is far more advanced than any science we currently have. We don't have equations that would account for it.

Did you know there's intelligent life in all those meteorites you found? You'd need an atomic microscope to see them.

13 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Did you know there's intelligent life in all those meteorites you found? You'd need an atomic microscope to see them.

Yeah, one of them disappeared, I don't know if someone stole it. There needs to be "extensive" science done to them.

1 hour ago, WillM said:

Yeah, one of them disappeared, I don't know if someone stole it. There needs to be "extensive" science done to them.

If you roll up a newspaper and put it to your ear you will hear the little aliens hollering "WE'RE HERE! WE'RE HERE!"

:25r30wi:

14 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

If you roll up a newspaper and put it to your ear you will hear the little aliens hollering "WE'RE HERE! WE'RE HERE!"

It could be the limit as the mass aproaches 0 of e=mc^2 is the speed of light. So different types of light that give off "imaginary" mass as a propulsion mechanism, interfaced with the entire universe? Through anti-gravity, or in this case a quantum superposition with the antimatter field tied to the given mass of the earth relative to the rest of the universe? Lol :yikes:

Edited by WillM
Typos

The only question is how it would be powered

Iif you say so WillM. 

Do you have any exercises to help break your focus? Have you been taught any techniques that would free up some attention for normal life activities?

Do you have the bike fixed? The car? Have you found a suitable place to live yet?

27 minutes ago, WillM said:

The only question is how it would be powered

By bicycle of course.:4chsmu1:

34 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Iif you say so WillM. 

Do you have any exercises to help break your focus? Have you been taught any techniques that would free up some attention for normal life activities?

Do you have the bike fixed? The car? Have you found a suitable place to live yet?

15 minutes ago, hardtimehermit said:

By bicycle of course.:4chsmu1:

Bike is fixed, car no, living still secondhand smoke. As far as breaking focus with exercise, the qigong exercises are good.

Yes, it does seem to have a bicycle mechanic to it.

Maybe you should quigong on the quantum superposition of the antimatter field a bit and free up some time for auto repair?

28 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Maybe you should quigong on the quantum superposition of the antimatter field a bit and free up some time for auto repair?

Lol my knees are messed up plus my tools are gone lol Qigong is about your knees.

Edited by WillM

I've seen aircraft pop flares over the Barry Goldwater range at night which look oddly like the Phoenix lights.

I do believe these Phoenix lights were caused by aircraft flares.  I thought it was an accidental discharge of a local aircraft, but lots of squadrons come through Luke, so Maryland is likely.  Luke has aircraft flying all the time that could have caused this.  Aside from the Ajo / Gila Bend area with the Barry Goldwater range, which is as big as Connecticut, there's other local ranges located above Baghdad area.  I met a guy who worked in a prospecting shop that claimed to have found one of these flares unexpended on the ground, brought it home and lit it off.  Don't  know if that's true or not, but I don't doubt that there's plenty of unexpended flares out there.  

Air Craft Flare.jpg

• Thanks 1

PHOENIX LIGHTS AND CURRENT SIGHTINGS:

The Phoenix Lights (sometimes called the "Lights over Phoenix") were a series of widely sighted unidentified flying objects or UFOs observed in the skies over the U.S. states of Arizona, Nevada, and the Mexican state of Sonora on March 13, 1997. Lights of varying descriptions were seen by thousands of people between 19:30 and 22:30 MST, in a space of about 300 miles (480 km), from the Nevada line, through Phoenix, to the edge of Tucson and the  Mexican state of Sonora 

"At about 18:55 PST (19:55 MST), a man reported seeing a V-shaped object above Henderson, Nevada. He said it was about the "size of a (Boeing) 747", sounded like "rushing wind", and had six lights on its leading edge. The lights reportedly traversed northwest to the southeast.
Dozens of people in the Phoenix area reported seeing the object as they looked straight up while it slowly passed over them and "blocked out the sky"
In an interview with The Daily Courier in Prescott, Arizona In March 2007, former Arizona Governor Fife Symington,  said that he had witnessed one of the "crafts of unknown origin" during the March 1997 event, although he did not go public with the information.
 Symington said, "I'm a pilot (former USAF Capt.), and I know just about every machine that flies. It was bigger than anything that I've ever seen. It remains a great mystery. Other people saw it, responsible people. I don't know why people would ridicule it". Symington had earlier said, "It was enormous and inexplicable. Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too. It was dramatic. And it couldn't have been flares because it was too symmetrical. It had a geometric outline, a constant shape. Symington also noted that he requested information from the commander of Luke Air Force Base, the general of the National Guard, and the head of the Department of Public Safety. But none of the officials he contacted had an answer for what had happened, and were also perplexed. Later, he responded to an Air Force explanation that the lights were flares: "As a pilot and a former Air Force Officer, I can definitively say that this craft did not resemble any man made object I'd ever seen. And it was certainly not high-altitude flares because flares don't fly in formation".  In an episode of the television show UFO Hunters called "The Arizona Lights", Symington said that he contacted the military asking what the lights were. The response was "no comment". He pointed out that he was the governor of Arizona at the time, not just some ordinary civilian"
The U.S. government has recently gone on the record as recognizing valid UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) formerly called UFO's, and is allowing US military pilots to document and report the incidents. Several such sighting incidents have been reported in the national media over the past several months and the video footage and conversations of military pilots are viewable on the internet. 

"Keep Looking Up. They're out there!" 

10 hours ago, chrisski said:

I've seen aircraft pop flares over the Barry Goldwater range at night which look oddly like the Phoenix lights.

Wow Chrisski,

I have hunted on the Barry Goldwater Gunnery Range (with a pass) and all over the area south of I-8 and have found over a dozen 1 inch square Flare end caps. I had also found them while hiking numerous times with an approved pass from the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation in the same area. All of them are bright red plastic end caps with a red "F" molded into the cap. They look identical in shape and size to the end cap you show on the flare diagram, except that they are hard plastic.  I had kept them for a number of years, but finally pitched them. I had known that they were high altitude flare caps.

billpeters

14 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Bob,

One of our world renowned top doctors had first postulated their existence. I believe his name was "Seuss". In fact, his chief assistant, a strapping young fellow named, "Horton" actually discovered these little aliens and made the first contact with their species.  It was such a monumental discovery that it was written up and published in one of the most widely read books in the world, "Horton Hears a Who":25r30wi:

If you listen extremely closely to your sample perhaps you will hear the same message.

Cheers!

billpeters

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, WillM said:

These aliens have obviously combined light with gravity. . . 

WillM,

You have great insight here. Your wisdom and those like you are key to the growth of this intriguing and entertaining industry. I builds the imagination and opens up new mental gymnastics.

Cheers!

billpeters

• well done 1

7 hours ago, BMc said:

Dozens of people in the Phoenix area reported seeing the object as they looked straight up while it slowly passed over them and "blocked out the sky"

Thanks BMc for bringing out the Industry 'standard' explanation for the first Lights Over Phoenix event that night. 

"As it happens, analysis of the sole amateur video of the formation is instructive. Even with enhancement, nothing can be seen to join the lights. Indeed, their pattern changes over even a few seconds’ time: “The lights clearly move in relation to each other, proving that the lights represent five separate objects, rather than a solid body” (Ortega 1998). In other words, eyewitnesses who interpreted the lights as representing a single massive craft were simply connecting the dots. Reports of stars being blocked out by the perceived craft were probably due to the closer bright V- formation lights that outlined a triangular area and made it difficult to see less-bright stars within—an optical principle used for stage magic effects known as “black art” (Hopkins 1898, 64–68).

That evidence is supported by amateur astronomer Mitch Stanley, who observed the lights with his large Dobsonian telescope. Its ten-inch mirror gathers some 1,500 times the amount of light as that of the human eye, and its eyepiece magnifies an image sixty times—putting him, in effect, that many times closer to the lights than viewers on the ground. Stanley could see that the lights were, in a word, “planes.” He saw that each light was actually a pair, one each on each plane’s squarish wings (Ortega 1998)."

The altitude of the first event is confirmed by multiple "witnesses in Glendale, a suburb northwest of Phoenix, who saw the object pass overhead at an altitude high enough to become obscured by the high, thin clouds; this was at approximately between 20:30 and 20:45 MST."

The second point you brought out , BMC, is the oft repeated conflation of the two Lights Over Phoenix events as mentioned in the Fife Symington eyewitness account.  Of course there were no flares with the first event. All speculation is spurious and hides the second Lights Over Phoenix event that was about the Maryland National Guard air patrol dropping high altitude search and rescue flares on the other side of the Sierra Estrella Mountains SW of Phoenix.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:25 PM, billpeters said:

The Truth is out there.

Don't give it away!

billpeters

• Like 1

The parody is humorous bill and I do appreciate the supporting theories and analysis. Any opinion on the U.S Navy fighter pilot's video/audio recordings and current/recent UAP sightings in the U.S or around the world?

Whenever someone sees "lights in the sky" it is never aliens or spacecraft. Never.

There has never been any credible evidence of that. Some people believe it. But there is no logic that connects anything that we witness in the sky being connected to aliens in any way. The only way we can come to that conclusion is by using our imagination.

It can be assumed with certainty that any lights that you see in the sky are not space ships from another planet.

When ancient man saw lights in the sky he assumed it was God's or spirits. When modern men in western culture see lights in the sky they conclude it is bug eyed visitors from another galaxy. In most eastern cultures it is still regarded as a spiritual encounter. Many psychologists say that unexplained light in the sky are often temporal and not external at all.

Perception is a funny thing. So is the need for explaining the things you have no idea about.

I personally do not need to explain the lights in the sky. I am happy to assume that what I am seeing is something I just don't understand. They don't have to be gods or little green men. If I honestly have no idea what I am witnessing I try not to fill in the blanks with what I don't know. It can just be a mystery and that is fine with me.

It is kinda like the meteorite forum. Some guys can't identify what they see and think it is a meteorite. Some guys think every rock they don't recognize is a meteorite.

They get there via a process of faith and not facts and subsequently must defend their faith. Simple rock ID turns into a battle over beliefs. The "light in the sky" discussion is exactly the same only with lights instead of rocks.

The human animal is some strange sh!t. The only thing that is 100% certain is that gods nor aliens are responsible for lights we can't explian.

• well done 1

I will only say that all sarcasm and criticality vanishes in an instant when/if you see what many have seen and describe as "bright lights". I am one of them and although there is no way I would ever try to convince someone of what I saw, the physics and the velocity of the lights I saw were unmistakably and starkly different from any other thing I have seen in my life. fwiw

• Like 1
  • well done 1