Nugget Shooter Forums

Why would an alien spacecraft need lights?

The purpose of lights is to make themselves to be seen so that other craft can see them and don't crash into them. 

If it has a light on it, it is not an alien spacecraft.

Cheers!

billpeters

Edited by billpeters

Maybe the aliens just like to see the looks on our faces when they shine their big light on us.

I like to go out at night with a spotlight and shoot frogs with a bow. Lots of critters are out and they behave much differently under the big light after dark.

If'n I was an alien I would probably enjoy swooping down and shining a big light in a humans face. I would probably like to do that if I were a god too. Just to freak them out a bit. 

I heard a Navajo story about a big cricket in the sky with a glowing abdomen like a giant firefly. He chirped so loud it hurt the ears of everyone on the mesa. No doubt another "lights in the sky" story.

Choosing between the aliens, the God's, and the giant glowing crickets is much too difficult for me. I think these lights are giant bowhunters and we are the frogs. Since it is all a game of imagination it may as well be something that I can relate to.

I have seen some weird lights in the sky above Cicero , Illionois..I could not explain...I left the local YMCA at around 10:00 p.m. as I crossed the street something caught my eye in the sky. The light from this UFO  moved in a zig-zag, up and down and vanished upward at a speed and  pattern no aircraft we have today could do...There was an elderly gentlman crossing near me and I turned to ask him if he witnessed the object. All he said was ohh the government  is  probably testing rockets..I just said  nah it moved in a differnet pattern very fast. Anyways, not sure of what it was...but I know I saw it..Like Bill, it is what it is...hard to say its this or that without evidence..and to this day we have none. As far as our government hiding the truth form us. I doubt it...for  one reason, we are not the only advanced power on this earth ...China, Russia, India or any other country would have exposed it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billpeters said:

Why would an alien spacecraft need lights?

The purpose of lights is to make themselves to be seen so that other craft can see them and don't crash into them. 

If it has a light on it, it is not an alien spacecraft.

Cheers!

billpeters

C'mon bill, you were doing fine before, but please consider the following: As far as alien spacecraft lights go, how would you know what the purpose is? The lights may not be there for any obvious, unimaginative or easily imagined purpose.

A personal experience involving UFO's (not lights in the sky), occurred in March of 1970 on a military rifle range at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Calif. The incident left a lasting impression on me and  changed my attitude toward the subject of UFO's.

INCIDENT SUMMARY:
   A Platoon of Marine Scout Snipers, (myself included), were involved in a night training  class at a rifle range on base and were preparing to engage in a live fire exercise. We had 3 sand bagged bench rests set up, with Starlite Scopes mounted on M-16 rifles. The 1/2  man - size (waist-up) silhouette targets were positioned at 200 meters downrange, with open terrain and a small mountain peak in the background. As the first shooters sat down and waited for the command to commence firing, a Saucer Craft silently rose up from behind the mountain peak past the targets in the distance about a mile away. Since it was night time there was no ambient light except star light and to the naked eye the object looked like a twinkling star, only  brighter. When viewed through the night vision scope the object was clearly visible and discernible as a saucer shaped craft, dark metallic in appearance.  There were multi-colored lights which emanated from 5 portholes on the counter clockwise - rotating turret of the craft. 
Through the night scopes we could see that all of the porthole windows seemed to have a different colored filter/cover; red, blue, green, amber, except for one clear-transparent porthole through which the interior of the craft was visible. The one clear porthole allowed a 1-2 second view into about half of the interior of the craft when it passed across our line of sight as it rotated. Inside the craft was a blindingly powerful light - energy source similar to a the beam of a Light House, which only had the effect of being bright when it shot out of the clear porthole in our direction every 15-20 seconds. (when the transparent window of the open porthole came back around again) There were no visible interior features inside  the craft except it had a flat floor and a curved "ribbed" open wall construction, (no visible hatches or doorways) similar to the framing of a house or garage that hadn't had the sheet rock put up yet and wasn't finished.

Looking back in memory at the appearance of the inside of the craft today, I'm left with the impression of it possibly being a drone since there was no control console, desk, seating or sleeping accommodations or anything except the blinding light and stark bare interior construction. No wiring, no plumbing no closed areas. Just open space.
 The craft alternately rose, from behind the mountain peak then descended behind it over the course of a few minutes before two additional - identical appearing saucer craft rose in formation, one to the left and the other to the right side of the the original craft, in a triangle shaped formation. They silently remained in that position for a few minutes, turrets slowly revolving,  all appearing to have the same type of interior light source and colors emanating from the portholes with the turrets rotating in unison.

Finally, some 20 minutes or so after the initial sighting, the 3 craft started slowly moving off to our right, Eastward in formation for a short distance, and stopped. The original craft then continued moving through the sky at the comparable speed of an F-4 Phantom jet. In a few seconds, it hit a "pivot point" and without slowing or making any banking or turning movement, it shot off at at what was estimated to be a  45 degree reverse angle upward to our left, Westward at an incredible speed, burning through the "atmosphere" in about 30-40 seconds or so, leaving a tail of sparks and fire, beginning at the front of the craft, gradually engulfing the whole thing until it looked like a comet in reverse, until it finally punched on through and disappeared from sight. The remaining two craft repeated the same departure maneuver, one by one. To say it was incredible to witness this eye opening event is an understatement. 

Our Company Officer refused to report the incident out of concern for his credibility and his career, even though there were many witnesses there who all saw the 3 craft, including senior enlisted Marines.
CRITIQUE:
There are many claims and theories that this stuff can be explained by saying that these sightings are just our experimental aircraft etc. But obviously, that doesn't take into consideration that reports of UFO's go back many years before the airplane was invented . . . and  Imagine, if the US had possessed this type of capability during Vietnam, the war would likely have turned out very differently (speculation) . . . and . . . the explanation of airplane flares or weather balloons only goes so far.
 As far as legitimate UFO's not having lights are concerned: The lights may not be there for any obvious, unimaginative purpose, Example:
In my opinion, in 1970, the colored lights (actually only colored porthole windows, like colored camera lenses) and the revolving turret, may be designed to resemble the effect of a "twinkling" star, to disguise it's appearance, because to the naked eye that's what the craft looked like. However, on an object the size of what was reported over Phoenix, there was no apparent attempt to disguise it until it went dark (lights out)
 I saw the video many times and it is possible to envision the curved configuration of the hull of the object as outlined by the curved alignment of the portholes as they closed, (appeared to blink out) one after another IN SEQUENCE! Curved is the operative term! They weren't in a straight line or just up and down, some higher than others. The lights were in an expanded open, curved and rounded, horseshoe shaped symmetrical pattern.
 All the other types of "UFO debunking" may have their place, but not to the exclusion of reliable, verified sightings like the US military now recognizes and accepts as factual.
What should be rather obvious to the informed public, is the verifiable point that now, the United States policy toward UFO's/UAP's is acknowledgement that they do exist! The US government/military say that they don't know what they are or where they are from, but yes, THEY ARE OUT THERE! and  United States Navy pilots have been chasing them around for awhile now, recording them on cockpit camera footage and witnessing the physics defying aerodynamics displayed by these craft.
That reality is unexplained on this forum (or anywhere else that I know of)
If anyone cares to watch any of the new/recent news clips on regular television channels, you can see and hear our military pilots chasing these things, not catching up to them, and commenting (on the air to air intercom), that they do not appear to be of earthly origin . . .  

Keep Looking Up! They are out there!

1 hour ago, Relichunter2016 said:

I have seen some weird lights in the sky above Cicero , Illionois..I could not explain...I left the local YMCA at around 10:00 p.m. as I crossed the street something caught my eye in the sky. The light from this UFO  moved in a zig-zag, up and down and vanished upward at a speed and  pattern no aircraft we have today could do...There was an elderly gentlman crossing near me and I turned to ask him if he witnessed the object. All he said was ohh the government  is  probably testing rockets..I just said  nah it moved in a differnet pattern very fast. Anyways, not sure of what it was...but I know I saw it..Like Bill, it is what it is...hard to say its this or that without evidence..and to this day we have none. As far as our government hiding the truth form us. I doubt it...for  one reason, we are not the only advanced power on this earth ...China, Russia, India or any other country would have exposed it. 

Russia has documented UFO's in the past. The United States acknowledges, accepts and has released video showing that there are/have been documented incidents of UFO's in American air space. Google US Navy UAP's.        The days of Project Blue Book  are over.

• Like 1

I have seen no little green men, nor greys, reptilians, shape shifters etc.

That is not to say that I do not believe they do not exist, just that  our paths have yet to cross.

So, I don't fret it out in the boonies.  In such situations where I may find myself 12miNNW  of Rich Hill, my go to mantra is to call out, "here kittykitty", a much greater concern.🐅

1 hour ago, BMc said:

Finally, some 20 minutes or so after the initial sighting, the 3 craft started slowly moving off

Wow BMc,

That's quite an amazingly detailed report. It still should be submitted to reasonable investigators. Maybe the other former Marine Scouts can be located to verify your account and provide their perspective. I would presume that the Company Officer immediately cancelled the sniper exercise. You wouldn't want to accidentally start an intergalactic war by firing off rounds. How did you guys get so close to see so deeply inside? Since it stayed still for 20 minutes did you all go up to it and get a better look?

What happened next?

billpeters

They are time travelers! In time maybe everyone will find out what it really is! Grubstake

14 hours ago, billpeters said:

Wow BMc,

That's quite an amazingly detailed report. It still should be submitted to reasonable investigators. Maybe the other former Marine Scouts can be located to verify your account and provide their perspective. I would presume that the Company Officer immediately cancelled the sniper exercise. You wouldn't want to accidentally start an intergalactic war by firing off rounds. How did you guys get so close to see so deeply inside? Since it stayed still for 20 minutes did you all go up to it and get a better look?

What happened next?

billpeters

Thanks bill, for your neutral and objective sounding feedback. I know this is a difficult subject to place any faith in, sight unseen, so to speak. It truly is one of those things you have to see to believe. And even then it's a little hard to process. I don't blame anyone for disbelieving or being skeptical, especially with all the kooks and tin-foil hat BS stuff that's out there. But I am sincere and have always been willing to take a polygraph test to support the veracity of my story.

In Response: There were about 23 of us that were attending Scout Sniper school at the time. I remember the names of  a couple of marines that I deployed with. Richard (Dick) Martin from Ohio. Francisco (Frank) Maldonado Jr. from El Paso, TX, whom I last spoke to in 1988-89 by telephone. We didn't talk about the UFO incident, just catching up in genera,l and I proposed a visit and reunion like we had talked about in the past. Unfortunately Frank had some personal problems he didn't specify and we never reconnected. He's probably relocatable, but based on his demeanor when I last spoke to him, he might not even remember the incident, I don't know.  Cpl. Roberts was the enlisted troop handler, NFI.  The senior enlisted was a Master Gunny or 1st Sgt whose name I don't remember. He was a Pacific Islander, I believe. The OIC was a Lt. Wrigley, JC, (from my service record book), who was a  Mustang, (former enlisted), decorated Vietnam veteran. I never knew where he was from but he's the individual that would most likely remember what happened that night. The class graduated about 27 March 1970. 

After the saucer craft had departed there were a few seconds of absolute silence, then some marine said, "Hey LT, you gonna call it in?" Lt. Wrigley replied, " You think I'm F . . . in' crazy? Back in those days, that would have been a career killer for sure.  Then, since the craft were no longer in the area and didn't present a perceivable security risk,  we went back to work, completed our scheduled shooting, and a few days later after our final qualification shoot with the 7.62 cal. Remington Mod 700, we received orders to our next assignment. All of the Scout Sniper graduates were scheduled for deployment to Vietnam as far as I know. Myself, Martin and Maldonado  initially received orders to Mare Island Nuclear Submarine base/launch facility at Vallejo, Calif., and later on to marine ground forces I-Corps Quang Nam Province, Vietnam. 

Regarding your question of how we got close enough to see "so deeply" inside it. Actually, we weren't that close and couldn't get any closer even if we wanted to. The mt. peak in question was in an area that was off limits to all foot and vehicle traffic, being an air/artillery impact zone, un-exploded ordinance hazards etc. The area had been used as part of our training several days earlier when we were learning to call in close air support and artillery fire as part of the Scout Snipers role as Infantry Forward Observers. I believe that the intensity of the light-energy source inside the craft accounted for much of the ability to see detail inside the porthole-windows, coupled with the light gathering and light amplifying and magnification capability of of the Starlite technology, which was, if memory serves, at least 1000 times magnification of the target light source. Even normal body heat produced enough light to plainly illuminate a human outline/ target at designated ranges (in pitch black darkness) So, when observing the saucer craft, to me in retrospect, it was like walking down a sidewalk past someone's home at night (with the living room drapes pulled back, with a light on) and being able to see inside. It was that clear.  Starlite Scopes had a fairly low optical magnification capability, about 2X to 3X  I believe, and that was one reason the rather short range of 200 meters was where the range targets were placed. In my experience, night vision scopes were mostly used in Vietnam for perimeter defense, ambushes, night patrols/recon, etc., all of which generally occurred fairly close, usually within the designated effective shooting range of 200 meters. But it was the tremendous light gathering and light amplification quality of the Starlite technology that made it possible on this occasion, IMO.

I did report the incident to the National U.F.O. Reporting Center (NUFORC) about 15 years ago. During an internet search, I also discovered, much to my surprise, another report by a marine scout sniper regarding an incident that occurred in Nov 1969, at the same shooting range, (report summary below)

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report: Occurred : 11/1/1969 22:00 (Entered as : Nov. 1969 22:00) Reported: 9/29/2008 11:58:36 AM 11:58
Posted: 10/31/2008 Location: Camp Pendleton, CA Shape: Light: Duration:2 minutes
Object could only be seen through a Starlight Scope - UFO Report November, 1969 Camp Pendleton, CA While attending Scout/Sniper School for the Marine Corp I was witness along with at least 30 other Marines of a UFO. This occurred during our night training on the firing range using Starlight Scopes. This night was a clear night but without a moon. The background in the distance was the mountain range on Camp Pendleton. During the firing practice everyone who was firing using a Starlight Scope became exited by a bright light they could see through the scope. The light was flying/hovering fairly low to the ground in the distance. The weird part was that you could only see this light using the Starlight Scope. With the naked eye you saw nothing; no light whatsoever. Through the scope the light was obvious and moving over the horizon. My recollection of this event would have been over a 30-90 second time period. I looked at least 3 times through the scope to observe the UFO then with my naked eye and could see nothing. I was watching through the scope when the bright object went around one of the mountains and came into view again from a valley. The object began to rise into the air higher and then disappeared into the sky in a streak of light similar to a falling star but away from the earth. ((NUFORC Note: Witness indicates that date of incident is approximate. PD)) END.

Conclusion/Comments:

Although this sighting is one of the, "Lights in the Sky" type, to me it sounds similar to the above described incident a few months later, at the same location. It's unknown re: the reason for the lack of additional detail that might have been helpful for comparison purposes in that marines report.  I understand that it's tempting to make light of or even ridicule peoples accounts of UFO sightings. That's been the norm for ages. My hope is that people can at some point be a little more open minded about the subject, especially given the more recent information that is being released by official U.S. sources. Perhaps it is, military or experimental aircraft that is being observed, who knows?

All I can say to that is, I just hope it's our military.

Thanks,

You know they were testing the Bi stealth bomber for a year or two, before they finally admitted to the public, and then showed it to the public. Grubstake

• Like 1

Yeah grubstake. 1969-70 might have been a little early, say 15-20 years or so but still a B1 doesn't have the speed that a UFO has, or the aerodynamic dexterity of a UFO; 90 degree movement, reverse trajectory with no banking or turning etc. Known physics doesn't account for stuff like that and what would the "G" force do to the human body? Maybe reverse engineering, or unexplained light/gravity quantum mechanics? Very speculative. Here's how renown Astro-Physicist Michio Kaku explains it: "Researchers have been poring over recently declassified videos shot by U.S. Navy pilots over the East Coast in 2015, showing mysterious flying objects that behave like no known aircraft. Thanks to newly updated radar systems in Navy jets, the videos have aided scientists by providing “test-ability” and previously unknown metrics about UFOs. “We now know they fly between Mach 5 and Mach 20 — five to 20 times the speed of sound,” Kaku said. “We know they zigzag so fast that any pilot would be crushed by centrifugal force. That they have no exhaust that we can see.” The explanations usually invoked for UFO sightings — meteors, weather balloons, even the planet Venus — can’t explain these live-action high-precision shots, said Kaku, leading to either of two possible conclusions: They are of human origin, representing a technology so cutting-edge that even leading scientists are puzzled by it. Or, he said, “maybe they are evidence of an advanced outer space civilization.”

• Like 1

You just never know,BMc. lots of planets in the solar system, My thinking is, why would god just put people or beings on this little ball in the solar system? Grubstake

My mind is an open book! Even if some of the pages are torn! Ha! Ha!

Edited by grubstake
  • Like 2

Unexplained lights have been seen throughout the world for centuries. 

I'm convinced they are natural phenomena of which we have no understanding.

I just find it difficult to believe aliens have been flying around all this time without a single shred of any physical evidence. 

One of these days as we become more knowledgeable, perhaps science will solve the mystery. There's still so much we don't know.

• Like 2

It's obvious why many thousands of us never speak of what we have seen. Some were forbidden  to and others are simply afraid of the effect it would have on their lives. Former Air Traffic Controller. Lets just say, I Don't believe ( all ) the reports and leave it at that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Unexplained lights have been seen throughout the world for centuries. 

I'm convinced they are natural phenomena of which we have no understanding.

I just find it difficult to believe aliens have been flying around all this time without a single shred of any physical evidence. 

One of these days as we become more knowledgeable, perhaps science will solve the mystery. There's still so much we don't know.

That is spot on. There is no denying the phenomena. There is also no explaining it. 

Different cultures explain the phenomena based on beliefs because facts and data are lacking. There is no more evidence that the phenomena is the result of aliens as God's or giant crickets. All that we really know is what we see and we can only rely on about 50% of that.

I have no doubt that UFO's exist. But I have serious doubts about any explanation that involves God's, crickets or little green men.

Life on other planets? Sure. The odds are overwhelming that it is out there. 

Intelligence? Why not? Again the odds are overwhelming.

Visitors? Sure. I know they exist. I don't think they are from space. 

But I don't think the light in the sky phenomenon is evidence of aliens. Nor do I see any evidence of aliens connected to the light phenomenon. I just see no correlation at all. I think that is the way western man rationalizes something they simply don't (possibly can't) understand.

“We know they zigzag so fast that any pilot would be crushed by centrifugal force. 

This is exactily what I observed back in Cicero in the late 70's....zig, zag pattern..fast and change of direction just as fast...it can stay still and change direction at an incredible speed. 

• Like 1

I think the spiritual explanation for the phenomenon is closer to reality than the alien explanation.

The things we see defy physics. So we are left trying to apply logic to something that defies physics. That just isn't going to work.

If we can accept the fact that our perception is even more limited than our knowledge we are half way there.

As sure as there is life on other planets there is reality that we do not perceive. Sounds that we cannot hear. Colors we don't see. Entire worlds that are just beyond our perception.

If it defies the laws of physics it is not "real". But reality is not about physics. It is about perception. So we have a conundrum.

If you are looking for answers to a perception that defies physics it did not come from a different planet. It came from a different set of rules.

These are not visitors. They are rule breakers from a different mathematic. Indigenous to the other side of a mirror. Or maybe a disco ball. 

They are exploring "space" just like we do. But the "space" they are exploring is shared with us. Not separated by distance but by perception and some queer math we just don't understand. 

They are probably as scared shitless when they see us as when we see them. And travelling math is no picnic either. It is a dangerous business for them. They are not suited for it and some never make it back.

You can prove this is true. Not with physics but with perception. That is our inter-mathematics vehicle. Our big fat brains. All you gotta do is feed it the right numbers. 

Don't think extra terrestrial. The visitors are super-terrestrial. Instead of waiting for them to come and visit make the trip yourself. We have much better vehicles than they do. We just have never learned to drive them.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
It's either that or its giant crickets with glowing abdomens.
  • well done 1
  • wow 1

Perhaps has to do with vibratory rate. Sometimes we stumble into an altered or different vibratory rate and other things appear. 

• Like 1

where there is no law there is no transgression. fault; offense; crime.

do no harm spirits travel the universe, do harm spirits are tortured.

8 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

Perhaps has to do with vibratory rate. Sometimes we stumble into an altered or different vibratory rate and other things appear. 

I think that is an astute observation. Wavelengths and vibration seems to be key to perception. Or at least defining the boundaries of it.

I think there are natural forces that change vibration as well as ways to alter it. And possibly pause or flatline the vibration for an instant. Like a pause in music.

We can't hear chirping birds over background noise, but when the noise stops they sound clear and loud. It may not be a matter of changing a particular vibration rather than pausing others so one can be perceived.

The only thing that I am certain of is that what we witness is always subject to the filters of our mind. And our perception and even more importantly our recollection is dramatically affected by this. Especily when confronted with the "impossible" and unfamiliar. We grasp and struggle to coil our minds around it using the only tools we have. In cases like these we simply cannot come to any conclusions about what is happening. The very best we can do is realize that we are simply an highly biased observer peering through an warped and cloudy lens at something we simply don't understand.

Today western man generally believes we have six senses to preceive with, but i have heard that ancient Egyptians were working with over three hundred senses. Maybe they were able to see things different than we do today, i don't know if they understood better than we do today the workings of our lives, but definitely different. Seems like maybe we have traded some of our senses in, and today we can see what we need to see through the TV ? :idunno:

• Like 1

Six senses and no sense in all six.

I think the indigenous folks and ancient cultures knew a heck of a lot more about "that side" of things than we ever will. They accepted the impossible as something "not of this world" meaning outside of the physical plane. Not from "outer space".

I think that is a righteous conclusion. We seem to have a tough time with that in our culture.

Western man clings to this physical plane with tales of extraterrestrial origin. I honestly think this conclusion is much more far fetched and coming from a much more biased point of view.

Still, the lights over Phoenix were probably flares. Most likely a UFO wrong IMHO. As are most "lights in the sky" experiences.

• Like 1

The light's I saw were immediately apparent as being something I had never seen before.  As I was watching them I made sure to not speculate but instead to simply observe what I was seeing with no judgement. Afterwards, I was careful to not embellish my reactions when I thought about what I had seen or recounted the experience to (a very few), others.

Whatever anyone may think, based on the location, the distance from me that this occurred and the behavior that was exhibited, there is absolutely no possibility that what I witnessed was flares, reflections or any of the many other possibilities offered up by most people. I understand the overwhelming inclination to try to find an explanation that fits with what we know from our own lives, but all that simply falls apart in the face of direct experience.

• Like 3
  • well done 1

since returning to mother nature's life style been a whole lot happier. to me the corporate world only exist on paper in dead black capital letters.