Nugget Shooter Forums

Lights Over Phoenix

3 hours ago, Mikestang said:

What does this discussion have to do with meteorites?  Seems like it should go to another forum.

Come on Mikestang, both are from outer space!!! Haha

4 hours ago, Mikestang said:

What does this discussion have to do with meteorites?  Seems like it should go to another forum.

I'm not sure there is a section to put topics that go this far south.

Poor Bill Peters. He started a good topic and it lived a long life. It died and then came back to life a year later as a zombie hungry for brains. 

...Or an alien hell bent on giving you a rectal probe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Come on Mikestang, both are from outer space!!! Haha

And with 5 types of idiots out there, as Bedrock Bob said, anything is possible. 
Seriously, those lights over Phoenix either originated from something made on this planet or from something that was created elsewhere. Kind of like rocks. Some have been here for a billion years and others are still on their way and haven't landed yet.   
As BMc suggested, governments face a serious dilemma when addressing the possibility of intelligent creatures from another planet. We all do, actually. 

11 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

As BMc suggested, governments face a serious dilemma when addressing the possibility of intelligent creatures from another planet. We all do, actually. 

Some people seem to have a problem with intelligent earthly creatures but as far as I can tell there is no "serious dilemma" with intelligent creatures from another planet.

IMHO The "serious dilemma" is people who see lights in the sky and believe aliens are coming from space to get them. Imagine how weak our country would be if 35% of the population was ignorant enough to believe crap like that. :)

Most folks are too busy making money in this booming post Covid economy to worry much about aliens invading us. I don't know exactly how much free time it takes to be concerned about malevolent space creatures but it is much more time than most working people have.

A healthy diet and an exercise routine will probably keep the imaginary potential aliens from being a "serious dilemma". 

If that does not take care of the "serious dilemma" I would suggest therapy. Life is too short and there are too many real adventures to experience to sit alone in a dilapidated RV in the summer heat worrying that unexplained lights in the sky are monsters from space out to get you.

"How egocentric of us to think that Space Aliens, who have mastered interstellar travel across the Galaxy, would give a crap about humans on Earth."

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mikestang said:

"How egocentric of us to think that Space Aliens, who have mastered interstellar travel across the Galaxy, would give a crap about humans on Earth."

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

It is a great quote. And Neil deGrasse Tyson is the boss.

But...

I like to believe there is intelligent life out there somewhere. And I could only assume that when they look up into infinity they must share some of the same wonder we do.

If aliens landed I think they would be fascinated with us. And you have to "believe" that any intelligent life out there wonders if there are other beings out there somewhere too.

...unless they already know.

How long will it be before our technology allows us to potentially be the "greys" performing anal probes on new life forms? How long until we terrorize an extraterrestrial world in our spaceships?

In a thousand years we will be the alien creatures. And tonight on some planet in some galaxy there are creatures seeing things they don't understand in the sky and believing it is us coming to get them.