Nugget Shooter Forums

Summer nugget pt.2

hardtimehermit

So after my little nugget find i was excited to get back on the river and hunt for more. Well this time i get down to the water where i found the nugget and start working some bedrock when a local guy on the other side tells me to come over to his side. He had asked me how i was doing and when i mentioned i have never found any gold larger than a gram that's when he decided to give me a little help. First of all he told me i was on the wrong side, and that he was on the inside bend. I thought i know this but i found my nugget on the other side, but i figured he knows what he's talking about i could tell his side was a bit more on the inside bend. I get more excited when he tells me last week he helped a young veteran out by showing him where to look and the guy found a beautiful 1oz nugget with quartz rounded like a ball. So he tells me i can keep whatever i find under a oz after that we split it. :thumbsupanim Then he says oh yea keep an eye out for iron meteorites! I'm thinking this is too good, and after 3 hours of panning it was feeling like i was doing better on the other side. My time was running out and i had not really found much but some fine gold, so on my way out i saw a hole in the bedrock and i just scooped up what i could and threw it in the bucket with hopes when i got home i would pan out some gold. No gold when i got home, but when i ran the detector over my tailings something sounded off, and turns out i caught a fresh water chondrite badly weathered but visable chondrules and free metal.

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0326.PNG

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg