Nugget Shooter Forums
mn90403

A Couple of Rye Patch Nuggets

This past weekend I took another trip to Rye Patch.  About half the time I go I don't find any nuggets but this time I found two!  One was my biggest (ever?) in a long time at over 2 grams.  I've been going there since 2011 and it certainly isn't easier now.

The larger nugget was found on Friday the 13th.  Those are early morning (sunrise) shadows.

IMG_20190913_073003.jpg

IMG_20190913_073029.jpg

IMG_20190917_124215.jpg

The smaller nugget was found on Monday after some 'side' trips to Winnemucca, Elko, Tuscarora and Charleston.

IMG_20190916_112526.jpg

IMG_20190917_132021.jpg

Mitchel

• Like 14
  • well done 4
  • wow 1

Nice finds!!! Congrats. I've been there many times years ago. It just goes to show you large areas never get completely worked out.

• Like 1

Very nice sir, congrats!

Very nice work, Mitchel.  Thank you for sharing.

Good nugs...way to go...Cheers, Unc

Thanks guys.

At the rate we are going we may be the last generation to be out metal detecting.  I don't think there is going to be a fleet of electric cars going out to drop us off at the gold patches.

I'm getting my trips in before they start calculating my carbon footprint.  When they do they'll ground me for life and I'll leave a deficit for my family.  They'll be begging for forgiveness their entire lives while they look at the nuggets and jewelry I've left them.  Actually, they'll have to sell it all to pay their expenses here.

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Morlock said:

Nice finds!!! Congrats. I've been there many times years ago. It just goes to show you large areas never get completely worked out.

15 hours ago, Morlock said:

Kudos to mn90403 and anyone finding a random search, significant size nugget in Rye Patch these days  Passed through there last month on the way back from Wyoming. Visited the usual places to check in and say hello. For those in the know: Don and Dusty doing well. Gold Diggers parking lot full, so didn't stop, but ran into a couple of nugget shooters, each coming out of the GD claims with a palm full of dinks. (raking tailing piles) The GB-2 and the ZED being the weapon of choice. And in the nearby Eugene Mts.:  The North slope of the Golden Eagle reportedly still producing, and (believe it or not), Bikini Tree area coughed up another nice one, (to the ZED) There was a time in the mid-to late 90's when you might see, (at least), 50-75 nugget hunters in the Majuba placer area. Nowadays, very few. The gold is still there . . . just harder to find.

• Like 1

Good work man  , 👊👊

• Thanks 1