Nugget Shooter Forums

Pink Diamond Suevite Breccia

On 10/28/2019 at 8:43 PM, d_day said:

Good lord. Just stop. This is pavement. It’s not too heavy to have been put there by men. Old bits of concrete, asphalt, and other building materials are very often used as filler when grading properties prior to construction. I can go dig a hole in my yard right now and find bits of asphalt, concrete, and old bricks.

Wow I guess it doesn't concern you if this is a meteorite or not, I know it is and there is nothing any random dude contests on the internet can do without having reasons why,. I found it in a remote location enough though. No need for someone to agree that's why I stopped posting here.

Edited by WillM
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This topic is sorta a "conundrum", but I don't think you can scrape your "diamond" on it.

This topic is a catsasstrophe as well as a corundum. A real abdomination.     

Shoot. You’re right. So here, I found a meteorite of my very own! It must have been part of the same fall because it looks nearly identical! It’s got giant clasts, impact fractures, fusion crust, and

Posted Images

15 hours ago, WillM said:

Wow I guess it doesn't concern you if this is a meteorite or not, I know it is and there is nothing any random dude contests on the internet can do without having reasons why,. I found it in a remote location enough though. No need for someone to agree that's why I stopped posting here.

I would bet the world and everything in it that this is not a meteorite. I’m no meteorite expert, but I do know asphalt when I see it. That there is nothing more than an old piece of roadway and your insistence that it is something else will never change that.

4 hours ago, d_day said:

I would bet the world and everything in it that this is not a meteorite. I’m no meteorite expert, but I do know asphalt when I see it. That there is nothing more than an old piece of roadway and your insistence that it is something else will never change that.

I dont think it matters what you bet, getting a new meteorite confirmed is very hard work and it passes dozens of tests so I will take my chances. Some other guy found one and posted it and everyone agrees, when mine look more like a meteorite. It's  bullcrap like this that make me angry and is part of why I went to the hospital. I am not insisting anything either. This is being very picky and careful. Like I said who cares if it's real? This was broken because my mom dropped it while I was in the hospital. They don't make road with giant clasts either so like I said I will take my chances.

I honestly cant tell if this guy is trolling or if he actually believes that he found a diamond/meteorite... and even if there is a micro diamond on it somehow somewhere... it wouldnt be much or anything nor really not worthy at all. Instead of having all this debate why dont you take the rock to your local college and ask a professor in study to do a test on it and share the (printed) results with us! :)

6 minutes ago, Diggingd said:

I honestly cant tell if this guy is trolling or if he actually believes that he found a diamond/meteorite... and even if there is a micro diamond on it somehow somewhere... it wouldnt be much or anything nor really not worthy at all. Instead of having all this debate why dont you take the rock to your local college and ask a professor in study to do a test on it and share the (printed) results with us! :)

I am waiting for oxygen isotope analysis, I believe it wouldnt get this far unless it were real. New meteorites are hardwork. I dont care if anybody thinks its real or not. What don't people get? I am backed by science and your brain is hallucinating that they aren't real because you have to be in shock at how rare. Lol

Edited by WillM
Typos
47 minutes ago, WillM said:

I am waiting for oxygen isotope analysis, I believe it wouldnt get this far unless it were real. New meteorites are hardwork. I dont care if anybody thinks its real or not. What don't people get? I am backed by science and your brain is hallucinating that they aren't real because you have to be in shock at how rare. Lol

Why would you be doing an oxygen isotope analysis? That test would not give any indication of your rock being a meteorite nor a diamond.

Can we discuss how the results of this test would support your fantasy?

...my mom broke my meteorite.. :25r30wi: 

It is almost Thanksgiving and you are bringing the stuffing! 

Thanks for the laughs WillM! I have been out a lot the past few weeks and it is good to see you are still getting the attention you need. 

Can you do me a favor buddy? Go out and get another chunk of asphalt and post a photo. Get those red sneakers and your bike wheel in there too. It really adds to the photo.

Then write a few lines on how it must be a meteorite. Use big words and concepts that you don't understand and then invent artificial intelligence to prove your theory. Then insult and berate anyone who does not play your game.

Cuz I really missed you doing that. It has become a huge part of the Nugget Shooter experience. You and a hand full of others have succeeded at making this joint a comedy show.

Exploding sandstone with diamonds from Venus carved into poodles and sent by space aliens to start fires to warm the hands of skilled Spanish masons wearing long johns and wool coats to keep them cool while camping outside of Yuma.

Experienced prospectors who actually go out and find rare and valuable stuff need a place where crackpots post imaginary stuff. It completes our daily routine. This is our reason to be.

:sickbyc:

Okay, here we go. This is one of your pictures. I’ve circled a few things. Circled in red are what I assume you are calling ”glypts.” These are not regmaglypts, but rather impressions of rock or slag used a underlayment  beneath pavement. Circled in blue are what I assume you are calling “giant clasts.” These are not clasts, but are bits of rock and slag from the underlayment. This was very clearly the underside of the pavement. 

The opposite side of your piece is very smooth and uniform, which is exactly what you would expect to see in a piece of pavement. The bits of rock you see on that side are much smaller and much more uniform. The brown material that you call a crust is nothing more than local dirt that has stuck to the piece after having been touching it for years. Some soapy water and a scrub brush will take most of it right off. Soapy water and a brush will do precisely nothing to a real fusion crust. 

if I were you, I’d quit paying for diagnostic equipment and analyses, and just toss this thing back in the dirt somewhere. It’ll save you some money, and you won’t worry yourself back into the hospital over it.

9068EF19-0082-4AC8-B8B1-2E463689A4A1.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Why would you be doing an oxygen isotope analysis? That test would not give any indication of your rock being a meteorite nor a diamond.

Can we discuss how the results of this test would support your fantasy?

...my mom broke my meteorite.. :25r30wi: 

It is almost Thanksgiving and you are bringing the stuffing! 

Thanks for the laughs WillM! I have been out a lot the past few weeks and it is good to see you are still getting the attention you need. 

Can you do me a favor buddy? Go out and get another chunk of asphalt and post a photo. Get those red sneakers and your bike wheel in there too. It really adds to the photo.

Then write a few lines on how it must be a meteorite. Use big words and concepts that you don't understand and then invent artificial intelligence to prove your theory. Then insult and berate anyone who does not play your game.

Cuz I really missed you doing that. It has become a huge part of the Nugget Shooter experience. You and a hand full of others have succeeded at making this joint a comedy show.

Exploding sandstone with diamonds from Venus carved into poodles and sent by space aliens to start fires to warm the hands of skilled Spanish masons wearing long johns and wool coats to keep them cool while camping outside of Yuma.

Experienced prospectors who actually go out and find rare and valuable stuff need a place where crackpots post imaginary stuff. It completes our daily routine. 

:sickbyc:

An isotopic study would yield a cosmocally constant ratio of isotopes, it's for the ones that are from venus. Supposed "slag".

I learned to trust myself and there is a crackpot comment. It says in another post that keeping it a secret from everyone is a bonus. That's the way to go.:olddude:

Edited by WillM
7 minutes ago, d_day said:

Okay, here we go. This is one of your pictures. I’ve circled a few things. Circled in red are what I assume you are calling ”glypts.” These are not regmaglypts, but rather impressions of rock or slag used a underlayment  beneath pavement. Circled in blue are what I assume you are calling “giant clasts.” These are not clasts, but are bits of rock and slag from the underlayment. This was very clearly the underside of the pavement. 

The opposite side of your piece is very smooth and uniform, which is exactly what you would expect to see in a piece of pavement. The bits of rock you see on that side are much smaller and much more uniform. The brown material that you call a crust is nothing more than local dirt that has stuck to the piece after having been touching it for years. Some soapy water and a scrub brush will take most of it right off. Soapy water and a brush will do precisely nothing to a real fusion crust. 

if I were you, I’d quit paying for diagnostic equipment and analyses, and just toss this thing back in the dirt somewhere. It’ll save you some money, and you won’t worry yourself back into the hospital over it.

I can't believe you are talking it down still, what are you afraid of if it is a meteorite? If I prove one, others must be too because I see the pattern of air thats why I found it I am different than anybody else. I'm special.

Edited by WillM
2 minutes ago, WillM said:

I can't believe you are talking it down still, what are you afraid of if it is a meteorite? If I prove one,others must be too because I see the pattern of air thats why I found it I am different than anybody else. I'm special.

Indeed you are special Will!

9 minutes ago, d_day said:

That is all facts and knowledge Brother. We aren't playing that game anymore.

7 minutes ago, WillM said:

I can't believe you are talking it down still, what are you afraid of if it is a meteorite? If I prove one, others must be too because I see the pattern of air thats why I found it I am different than anybody else. I'm special.

I’m not at all afraid that it’s a meteorite, I just know it’s not because I can clearly see what it is. 

6 minutes ago, d_day said:

I’m not at all afraid that it’s a meteorite, I just know it’s not because I can clearly see what it is. 

Ditto with the slag and chunks of glass. 

But an oxygen isotope analysis will prove they are from Venus. And if you rub them under your toilet tank lid Elvis's image will appear.

:laught16:

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, d_day said:

Actually, meteorites cannot be proven with digital photo, I knew that already, ok it's not a meteorite. Happy?

18 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

That is all facts and knowledge Brother. We aren't playing that game anymore.

Shoot. You’re right. So here, I found a meteorite of my very own! It must have been part of the same fall because it looks nearly identical! It’s got giant clasts, impact fractures, fusion crust, and every few hundred feet it’s got three foot wide giant iron clasts! And look how big it is! It stretches for hundreds of feet in multiple directions! I’m going to be a gazillionaire!

B42DAF86-3B4A-402D-A4CA-B43701216DD1.jpeg

Edited by d_day
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, WillM said:

Actually, meteorites cannot be proven with digital photo, I knew that already, ok it's not a meteorite. Happy?

Meteorites cannot be proven from a photo. But slag, glass and pavement can.

We can plainly see what you have is not meteoritic. We also can plainly see the game you are playing.

You are pretending and we are watching you pretend. You are entertaining us! 

So post more photos and tell us all about it! We will respond as we have been. It'll be fun!

3 minutes ago, d_day said:

Shoot. You’re right. So here, I found a meteorite of my very own! It must have been part of the same fall because it looks nearly identical! It’s got giant clasts, impact fractures, fusion crust, and every few hundred feet it’s got three foot wide giant iron clasts! And look how big it is! It stretches for hundreds of feet in multiple directions! I’m going to be a gazillionaire!

B42DAF86-3B4A-402D-A4CA-B43701216DD1.jpeg

You are getting the hang of it now! Just close your eyes and flow with it! 

All you have to do is BELIEVE and pavement can be meteorites. Glass can be diamonds. Sandstone poodles can set fire to pine lumber. Ignorance is equal to knowledge. Fantasy is equal to experience. Truth is lies if it does not support your convictions.

Why be encumbered by things like physics, logic and knowing the world around you? You too can be "special"! All you need to do is close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and insist it is true. 

I think you will be surprised at how many will be keeping you company these days. It seems to be a fad that lots of folks are spending time on.

Alright Bob, I’ve got another one. Its clearly a pallasite. It’s got a paper thin fusion crust over  metallic iron, except for where the elements have gotten to it. I’ve never seen a pallasite with ruby before though, so this must be new. And it’s definitely way too heavy to have been put there by a man.

43AD61F0-4B43-4DC8-9237-41B972B33254.jpeg

Edited by d_day
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, d_day said:

Alright Bob, I’ve got another one. Its clearly a pallasite. It’s got a paper thin fusion crust over  metallic iron, except for where the elements have gotten to it. I’ve never seen a pallasite with ruby before though, so this must be new. And it’s definitely way too heavy to have been put there by a man.

43AD61F0-4B43-4DC8-9237-41B972B33254.jpeg

Now we are hunting meteorites my friend!

Obviously a ruby bearing pallasite that came outta Uranus at cosmic speeds!

You may need an oxygen isotope analysis on that one. Maybe develop some artificial intelligence to help interpret the flow characteristics.

I was just standing in the full length mirror admiring my godlike physique when I realize I have a chondrules growing out of my rock hard fanny. They must have come from Pluto because of the clear roll over lip. I think I am going to send a photo to Perdue University. Maybe they will want a small slice for science?

Edited by Bedrock Bob
It is so nice to be "special"!
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Morlock said:

And this is a photo of my very valuable 13.59 pound carbonaceous chondrite. It's worth millions.

IMG_20191119_110830.jpg

The glyphs and flow characteristics are obvious! May I draw a picture of it?

Whatever you do don't let your mother break it before you get the oxygen isotope analysis.