Nugget Shooter Forums

Pink Diamond Suevite Breccia

Please tell me this is from a meteorite. Other pieces were found nearby, the crystals are clear and pink. Square fractures, oily surface, non conchoidal, 4 plane crystal. One of the diamonds is pink from impact. Inscratchable but the diamonds grind each other into powder. I will try to get it looked  and/or appraised tomorrow and report back here. Suevite is found with diamonds too from numerous accounts.

20190914_221120.jpg

Edited by WillM
Parts are magnetic spelling
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This topic is sorta a "conundrum", but I don't think you can scrape your "diamond" on it.

This topic is a catsasstrophe as well as a corundum. A real abdomination.     

Shoot. You’re right. So here, I found a meteorite of my very own! It must have been part of the same fall because it looks nearly identical! It’s got giant clasts, impact fractures, fusion crust, and

Posted Images

WillM,  All your pics overwhelmingly show your stones are terrestrial and have nearly the opposite characteristics of meteorites.

Take a look at your rock(s). If it glistens like a crystal structure (ie: quartz) at any point in the rock it can’t be a meteorite. If it has layers, it can’t be a meteorite. It’s sedimentary. If it has small gas bubbles in it, it is not be a meteorite. It’s basalt or sedimentary. If it is moderately magnetic it is NOT a meteorite. If there is a thick crust on it, it can’t be a meteorite. If it has very rough surfaces or is angular, except for breakage, is is not a meteorite. If it is heavy, but not much heavier than other similar sized rocks, it can't a meteorite. File off a corner or cut it. It won’t diminish it’s value. If there is all bright silvery metal it can’t be a meteorite. If it is all grey metal it can’t be a meteorite. If there is black crust as thin as a fingernail, and crazing on the outside of the rock, it might be a meteorite. If there are small silver specks visible in the filed off section, it might be meteorite.

There are billions of magnetic rocks in the US, none of which are meteorites. Anyone can find magnetic earth stones nearly everywhere. Just take a strong magnet and drop into sand and you will see what I mean. Check our O Richard Norton’s, “Rocks from Space” or visit the ASU Meteorite Center.

None of your rocks have even come close.

You should go out and buy a real meteorite or two.

Cheers!

billpeters

34 minutes ago, billpeters said:

WillM,  All your pics overwhelmingly show your stones are terrestrial and have nearly the opposite characteristics of meteorites.

Take a look at your rock(s). If it glistens like a crystal structure (ie: quartz) at any point in the rock it can’t be a meteorite. If it has layers, it can’t be a meteorite. It’s sedimentary. If it has small gas bubbles in it, it is not be a meteorite. It’s basalt or sedimentary. If it is moderately magnetic it is NOT a meteorite. If there is a thick crust on it, it can’t be a meteorite. If it has very rough surfaces or is angular, except for breakage, is is not a meteorite. If it is heavy, but not much heavier than other similar sized rocks, it can't a meteorite. File off a corner or cut it. It won’t diminish it’s value. If there is all bright silvery metal it can’t be a meteorite. If it is all grey metal it can’t be a meteorite. If there is black crust as thin as a fingernail, and crazing on the outside of the rock, it might be a meteorite. If there are small silver specks visible in the filed off section, it might be meteorite.

There are billions of magnetic rocks in the US, none of which are meteorites. Anyone can find magnetic earth stones nearly everywhere. Just take a strong magnet and drop into sand and you will see what I mean. Check our O Richard Norton’s, “Rocks from Space” or visit the ASU Meteorite Center.

None of your rocks have even come close.

You should go out and buy a real meteorite or two.

Cheers!

billpeters

This matches every description of a meteorite that you gave and passes all diamond easy at home so-called "tests". There is a shiny trandlucent golden crust that rips off easily, it has glypts, I suspect that this might be a carbon fusion crust. There are no sparkles, even the diamonds are clastic. There is obvious cleavage, which is what I thought was supposed to be only found in diamonds. The pieces of diamond are random sized and the clasts in the suevite are mostly clear. Some suevite turns directly into diamond. I hope this is a better description. The magnetic part is pink and the rocky part is clear.

Thanks.

Edited by WillM
Spelling

Two of your three rocks ARE quartz-like crystals, which disqualifies them from ever being meteorites. The other pink stone has crystalline structure in it and apparent layering, again disqualifying if from ever being considered as a meteorite. It is the opposite of a meteorite.

Take these to a geology forum and as what they think these rocks are. Don't tell anyone that you suspect that they are meteorites. You will get reasoned answers of the type of terrestrial stones that they are. It is time to stop posting your rocks here and instead look at, read, and interact with other posts of suspect meteorites which are either validated or dismissed.

billpeters

WillM,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the vast amount of knowledge on this forum is pointing you to finding a meteorite, rather than what you claim to be one, or for that fact a diamond from one. Take it or leave it as for the advice, but if you study a bit more I think you will eventually find one. Here is a site that will definitely help in your endeavors. Study the wrongs so you know when you have 'rite'. 

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/meteorwrongs/meteorwrongs.htm

Jayray

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Jayray said:

WillM,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the vast amount of knowledge on this forum is pointing you to finding a meteorite, rather than what you claim to be one, or for that fact a diamond from one. Take it or leave it as for the advice, but if you study a bit more I think you will eventually find one. Here is a site that will definitely help in your endeavors. Study the wrongs so you know when you have 'rite'. 

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/meteorwrongs/meteorwrongs.htm

Jayray

I like to study meteorwrongs, I think it is I.D.'ed  by me in person, I have no credentials to say so, so I put it on here. I do know that suevite is a pink breccia, that sometimes has diamonds. It is called suevite, a mineral created by impact. If it is a diamond it is definitely a meteorite, and if it is a meteorite, it is definitely a diamond meteorite. I think it woud be the perfect thing to sell as is, meaning "rough" I hope I can find someone who can I.D. the diamond chemically or by scratching moldavite. I actually just want to know so I can propose to someone.

Thank you

20190914_221156.jpg

20190914_221021.jpg

Edited by WillM
44 minutes ago, WillM said:

Needs to be scraped on conundrum.

WillM,

It needs to be tossed in the yard. 

You need to stop posting rocks and go fix your bike. Peddle that bike to town and find yourself something productive to spend your time on. Like a job or some education.

You don't have time to wheedle away on meaningless folly. Life is too precious.

You need someone to kick you in your tail and direct all of that energy. You are a smart guy with lots of potential. You just don't have any education, experience or discipline to develop it. That is going to be a tough hill to climb and I suggest you start now. You are late getting into the game and you are going to have to work hard to catch up. 

So stop wasting time. Get your stuff together and find a job. Go back to school and learn a discipline. Take some basic chemistry and physics classes and apply that to what you see in nature.

Humble yourself before knowledge. Accept the fact that you are the student and not the teacher. When others offer knowledge accept it humbly and try to learn even if it does not support your expectations. Seek out those who you respect and learn at their feet. Assume the attitude of a person who is capable of learning rather than using your meager knowledge to come to incorrect conclusions.

I have no idea what you came here for or what you expected. But this is the best advice anyone will ever give you on any subject. 

Good luck WillM.

Bedrock Bob

• Like 2
  • well done 1
32 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

WillM,

It needs to be tossed in the yard. 

You need to stop posting rocks and go fix your bike. Peddle that bike to town and find yourself something productive to spend your time on. Like a job or some education.

You don't have time to wheedle away on meaningless folly. Life is too precious.

You need someone to kick you in your tail and direct all of that energy. You are a smart guy with lots of potential. You just don't have any education, experience or discipline to develop it. That is going to be a tough hill to climb and I suggest you start now. You are late getting into the game and you are going to have to work hard to catch up. 

So stop wasting time. Get your stuff together and find a job. Go back to school and learn a discipline. Take some basic chemistry and physics classes and apply that to what you see in nature.

Humble yourself before knowledge. Accept the fact that you are the student and not the teacher. When others offer knowledge accept it humbly and try to learn. Seek out those who you respect and learn at their feet. Assume the attitude of a person who is capable of learning rather than using your meager knowledge to come to incorrect conclusions.

I have no idea what you came here for or what you expected. But this is the best advice anyone will ever give you on any subject. 

Good luck WillM.

Bedrock Bob

Well, obviously, but I still always finish my tests first in multiple college classes and, with the highest scores  in the hardest class "ethics". I have won every spelling bee I entered. Every science contest in middle school and college, I was the one with the paragraph- long fact nobody else remembered and I won all of them for my team. I have autism and lost the ability to speak when I was 18.  I need to take a physics and math class, definitly some chemistry. I am trying to learn organically. I  am also technically in school, I just got stuck living at a room and board with smokers that take away my ability to think from the second hand and third hand smoke,  and I am trying to get away. My job is to identify new meteorites for science to change the world. I never would have thought I could put some hydrogen peroxide on a cracked rock with free potassium and have it make bubble towers. I never would have thought I could burn a rock to check it for sulpher from the smell. This is all a new learning experience and I love to learn. It also gives me something to apply my scientific talent to. I am only going off of my intuition, that has guided me to some great things before. If I had a giant version of one of these nobody would be able to say it was man made. I do, I have rocks you wouldn't believe. I know how to apply calculus to physical systems and I never took a class. I have the dicipline to read even though it gives me a headache. I have always been the hardest worker at the job. These are just facts. The odds of any of this happening are so low. :old:

Thanks 

Edited by WillM
Typo
3 hours ago, WillM said:

Well, obviously, but I still always finish my tests first in multiple college classes and, with the highest scores  in the hardest class "ethics". I have won every spelling bee I entered. Every science contest in middle school and college, I was the one with the paragraph- long fact nobody else remembered and I won all of them for my team. I have autism and lost the ability to speak when I was 18.  I need to take a physics and math class, definitly some chemistry. I am trying to learn organically. I  am also technically in school, I just got stuck living at a room and board with smokers that take away my ability to think from the second hand and third hand smoke,  and I am trying to get away. My job is to identify new meteorites for science to change the world. I never would have thought I could put some hydrogen peroxide on a cracked rock with free potassium and have it make bubble towers. I never would have thought I could burn a rock to check it for sulpher from the smell. This is all a new learning experience and I love to learn. It also gives me something to apply my scientific talent to. I am only going off of my intuition, that has guided me to some great things before. If I had a giant version of one of these nobody would be able to say it was man made. I do, I have rocks you wouldn't believe. I know how to apply calculus to physical systems and I never took a class. I have the dicipline to read even though it gives me a headache. I have always been the hardest worker at the job. These are just facts. The odds of any of this happening are so low. :old:

Thanks 

I thought about suggesting that maybe you should put your meteorite obsession aside for awhile and take up gold nugget hunting, but then I thought better of it. Please don't take up nugget hunting. Unless you give up posting first.  :)

6 minutes ago, BMc said:

I thought about suggesting that maybe you should put your meteorite obsession aside for awhile and take up gold nugget hunting, but then I thought better of it. Please don't take up nugget hunting. Unless you give up posting first.  :)

Wow. So not only are my meteorites being disrespected but now also who I even might become. I guess nobody wants me to have a meteorite? It is far from an obsession, it is a passion, I love outer space. If it doesn't look like a meteorite from before it cant be one? That is poor reasoning. Rose quartz and pink quartz are rare too. I collect rocks. If one of them happens to be a piece of gold I will collect it, and probably post it.

Edited by WillM
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, billpeters said:

Two of your three rocks ARE quartz-like crystals, which disqualifies them from ever being meteorites. The other pink stone has crystalline structure in it and apparent layering, again disqualifying if from ever being considered as a meteorite. It is the opposite of a meteorite.

Take these to a geology forum and as what they think these rocks are. Don't tell anyone that you suspect that they are meteorites. You will get reasoned answers of the type of terrestrial stones that they are. It is time to stop posting your rocks here and instead look at, read, and interact with other posts of suspect meteorites which are either validated or dismissed.

billpeters

The fracture is cubic, the texture is oily, it has cleavage. If it wasn't formed into a pink breccia I would not think they were diamonds or meteorites.

WillM,

Hardly any meteorites contain diamonds. The ones that do are are microscopic, usually brown, and industrial grade quality -similar in quality to one's used for grinding. 

Suevite diamonds are micron sized. Suevite is terrestrial rock transformed by multi-kilometer wide crater impacts which may contain micro-diamonds. Suevite from Reis Crater in Germany is typical with an estimate 72000 tons of diamonds that are normally too small to be seen. However, the very largest diamond clusters within can be seen, but are much smaller than the period at the end of this sentence at 200 microns and have no intrinsic value. 

The Alma Sitta Meteorite has some of the largest known diamonds directly found in a meteorite topping out at 100 microns. 

It is time to stop posting your rocks here and instead look at, read, and interact with other posts of suspect meteorites which are either validated or dismissed.

Cheers!

billpeters

• Like 1

Here is a moon diamond meteorite that was on my facebook today.:yesss: Mine look like a diamond meteorite that shattered, these are probably out there, as to what type this is, who knows? All I know is that cleavage is only in diamonds from the ratio structure of the atomic matrix that only diamonds possess. The manner in which I found them also suggests that they were not put there on purpose. The cubic structure makes it clear. What is not clear, is how I am going to be able to get rid of these? Could there be a fake diamond type with flat four plane cleavage? 

Screenshot_20190916-013030_Facebook.jpg

Edited by WillM
Link ss
27 minutes ago, billpeters said:

WillM,

Hardly any meteorites contain diamonds. The ones that do are are microscopic, usually brown, and industrial grade quality -similar in quality to one's used for grinding. 

Suevite diamonds are micron sized. Suevite is terrestrial rock transformed by multi-kilometer wide crater impacts which may contain micro-diamonds. Suevite from Reis Crater in Germany is typical with an estimate 72000 tons of diamonds that are normally too small to be seen. However, the very largest diamond clusters within can be seen, but are much smaller than the period at the end of this sentence at 200 microns and have no intrinsic value. 

The Alma Sitta Meteorite has some of the largest known diamonds directly found in a meteorite topping out at 100 microns. 

It is time to stop posting your rocks here and instead look at, read, and interact with other posts of suspect meteorites which are either validated or dismissed.

Cheers!

billpeters

Meant to quote for last post

You've got to be kidding.

That is just a low quality crystal carved into a diamond shape that looks like the Moon from the top. It has no relationship to a meteorite no matter what Hong Yun Zhu calls it. 

billpeters

11 hours ago, WillM said:

Here is a moon diamond meteorite that was on my facebook today.:yesss: Mine look like a diamond meteorite that shattered, these are probably out there, as to what type this is, who knows? All I know is that cleavage is only in diamonds from the ratio structure of the atomic matrix that only diamonds possess. The manner in which I found them also suggests that they were not put there on purpose. The cubic structure makes it clear. What is not clear, is how I am going to be able to get rid of these? Could there be a fake diamond type with flat four plane cleavage? 

Screenshot_20190916-013030_Facebook.jpg

This is no doubt some of this "New Age" B.S. that's been going on for quite a while now.

• Like 1