Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NvAuMiner

Headphones... What ya using?

My Minelab stock Koss UR-30 headphones for my 7k are acting up.  The sound goes from left to right a couple times, then back to both.  Are they worth having them rewired? or just buy new? I like them and they work well for me.  Curious what other brand of headphones y'all are using with your Zed's and why..  Personal preference, better tone.. etc.  Gray Ghost? Black Widow's? or ?? Thnx

I use $7 cheepo’s from Amazon, they’re  the smaller foam ear (2” diameter) piece that work fantastic and I can still hear my surroundings.  Granted I’m not looking for small gold nuggets so these work for me.  If needed can replace for another 7 but  they are lasting.

Appreciate the responce Cooper..  I'm still up in the air on what I'll do.  My back-up pair are Garrets that are about 40yrs old. (not even sure if they work)  I'll probably repair what I have and but a new pair.

• Like 1

Hello NvAuMiner,.... As Bill Southern will probably chime-in and tell you as well>>>>>>>  those Koss UR30's  have a Lifetime Warranty on them; so if you are having issues with them just contact Bill for the mail-to address to return them.  The company will probably send you a brand new pair for nothing,....at least that's what they did when I returned mine last season.  I also use and recommend a pair of Black Widow's.  Gary

• Like 2

I’m with Cooper.  I like to hear around me, if the Winds blowing too hard, I’ll get out the Minelab phones that came with the unit .

Hey LowPoint... Thanks for the :head: info!!  I'll search around the net for the address to return them too.  I read on a previous post of Bill's that he has been busy with work and YouTube vid's.  Hopefully he'll see this and fire back some contact info., better yet some else can chime in with info :)

I'll hold of ordering headphones until I can check on the Koss UR-30 warranty.

9 minutes ago, NvAuMiner said:

Hey LowPoint... Thanks for the :head: info!!  I'll search around the net for the address to return them too.  I read on a previous post of Bill's that he has been busy with work and YouTube vid's.  Hopefully he'll see this and fire back some contact info., better yet some else can chime in with info :)

I'll hold of ordering headphones until I can check on the Koss UR-30 warranty.

The following link is to Koss warranty info, it doesn't say what the warranty is on which products, but it explains all of their different warranties, give an address and a phone number you can call to talk to them about warranty and or repair, etc..

https://www.koss.com/support/warranty-repair/

Edit: I just found a topic Bill posted back in 2012 about the warranty of the Koss UR-30 head phones.

6 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

The following link is to Koss warranty info, it doesn't say what the warranty is on which products, but it explains all of their different warranties, give an address and a phone number you can call to talk to them about warranty and or repair, etc..

Sir, Thank you for the fast responce..  Faster than I could search for it. :):thumbsupanim

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NvAuMiner said:

Sir, Thank you for the fast responce..  Faster than I could search for it. :):thumbsupanim

Check my previous post again I edited my post and posted a link to a topic Bill posted a few years ago on this subject

32 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Edit: I just found a topic Bill posted back in 2012 about the warranty of the Koss UR-30 head phones.

PERFECT!!!  Thanks again

• Like 1

Hey NvAuMiner,

I just found my shipping receipt for those Koss UR30's.  As I remember, the only thing that I had to pay was to ship them to KOSS, plus whatever they charge ($15-20) to ship the new ones to me.  I just put an explanation in the box as to what the headphones where doing (issues) and shipped them to the following address:  Koss Stereophones, 4129 N. Port Washington Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53212>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Their phone # to contact them (as per exact-dollar-amount (send a check) to mail with the old headphones) is:  800-872-5677.  Hope this helps,....Gary 

Hi Gary,

That's a tremendous help!!  I called them but they had already closed.  I will contact them Monday and get the ball rolling.

Take care,

Doug

On 9/13/2019 at 4:17 PM, LowPoint said:

Hey NvAuMiner,

I just found my shipping receipt for those Koss UR30's.  As I remember, the only thing that I had to pay was to ship them to KOSS, plus whatever they charge ($15-20) to ship the new ones to me.  I just put an explanation in the box as to what the headphones where doing (issues) and shipped them to the following address:  Koss Stereophones, 4129 N. Port Washington Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53212>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Their phone # to contact them (as per exact-dollar-amount (send a check) to mail with the old headphones) is:  800-872-5677.  Hope this helps,....Gary 

Hey Gary,

Betterhalf is going to get them in the mail today.  Koss will ship me a pair, I just had to include a $9 check for return postage and explain the issue.  Can't beat that:thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Well, "There-ya-go",.............That's right, it was $9.00 to ship them to ya,............I hope you qualified??? :th_panic: to have speakers "included" in the new headphones???? I really wasn't sure if I did until I actually got mine in the mail from them:89:........ You really can't expect much these days :inocent: and only spend $9 bucks for them .:confused0089[1]:

..............:laught16:,....Just messing with-yaaaaaaaaaaaa...   Gary

20 hours ago, LowPoint said:

Well, "There-ya-go",.............That's right, it was $9.00 to ship them to ya,............I hope you qualified??? :th_panic: to have speakers "included" in the new headphones???? I really wasn't sure if I did until I actually got mine in the mail from them:89:........ You really can't expect much these days :inocent: and only spend $9 bucks for them .:confused0089[1]:

..............:laught16:,....Just messing with-yaaaaaaaaaaaa...   Gary

:yuckyuck:     :snapoutofit::4chsmu1: FunnyGuy!!! LOL  appreciate your time Sir..... (you do have a point on what to expect these days)