Nugget Shooter Forums
Jake7291

May have stumbled upon a meteorite

22 minutes ago, Jake7291 said:

How do I close thread? I really didn't mean to start anything, I'm new.

Sometimes you cant put the genie back in the bottle or the pin back in the grenade. You just gotta grit your teeth and ride it out.

Things will be O.K. Don't worry about it. We have this discussion whenever someone tries to tell us meteorites cause fires.

It is our second favorite thing to do besides telling people to rub rocks on their toilet tank lid.

:25r30wi:

6 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It is our second favorite thing to do besides telling people to rub rocks on their toilet tank lid.

:25r30wi:

Haha well when it's all you have to do a proper streak test, I live in an old farmhouse from the 1700's, I don't have fancy amenities like linoleum

• Haha 1

900 pictures as they lay. certain ones must be color blind.

alice in wonderful land is a great movie showing how the government has enslaved you by words. so instead of wakeing up and returning to mother nature as a native, you keep believing in something that does not exist. 

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

WillM,

You need to show respect for experience or I am not going to talk to you. 

I worked for NASA/JSC when the Challenger failed. I worked at the site that builds and tests the components for the shuttle as well as defense hardware. We put lots of stuff in space and examined what came down.

I actually was on the Challenger recovery team and found many pounds of the debris. I was involved in the CAIB report and hunted the strewn field for three months.

Challenger did not burn up in the atmosphere. The Shuttle failed because the heat shield tiles came off from spots on the vehicle. The vehicle did not get hot. When the tiles came off and exposed the structure it blew a hole in it. The thin aeroframe ablated because the heat shields stripped off.

Some of the pieces that were exposed to friction upon reentry had burned surfaces. But the interior was unchanged. Even aluminum parts had burned skin but did not change shape. Titanium parts that had burned skin on one side and no bluing at the other end. There were parts spread out from Colorado to Texas and none showed heating at the core of the mass. Only on the surface. Most were undamaged by heat as the craft decelerated almost instantly upon coming apart. Exactly like a meteorite does.

Friction is much different than radiant or conductive heat. And stones are only exposed to friction for a few seconds. This heats only the very surface and the hot material strips away quickly. There is no radiant heat and very little chance for conductive heat to penetrate. As a result the stone remains cool even if the surface is being stripped away.

It is the same principal that cools a sawblade. The heat is carried away with the wood chips and the blade tips stay cool.

The physics of re-entry is well known. How the heat shield tiles work and the reason meteorites don't get hot is relatively simple. I realize that you don't understand it and you don't have the basic knowledge to truly rationalize why this happens. But you are going to have to accept the fact that is how it works. We bring space vehicles out of orbit every day and have nearly a century of observations to back up the math. 

Your snotty question shows you lack respect for knowledge and experience. You need to figure out that you are WAY over your head here. If you want me to discuss these topics with you then you will need to pose your questions with respect. Otherwise you can get your education "organically".

Bob

Nobody can "pick-up" wind, it is naturally "invisible" that would mean it is run by "data" you can't see. Further it makes sense that, for example, martial principles like the one--inch punch are applied to air mechanics you can see how it is like a skipping stone that was a weak deflection. The more sideways you throw the stone. The further it goes. Likewise the spin changes the direction. This, introduced to gas mechanics means there can be unpredictable, turbulant heat pockets, that would, in theory, only produce heat with oblique entry. When it goes to "skip" in a meteorite of the 6 "shooting stars" I have seen, alll if them were to the side. The general attitude of gravity  relative to the ablation constitutes further friction beyond the "skipping stone analysis" , further decreasing equilibrium. 

That is, the rock's momentum itself contributes to the frictional coefficient between the air and the object by making it MORE frictional by exponents in some cases. The least I am saying is that there is more to it than just the air and the object coefficient as variables.

I am trying diligently to find the study about the boiling,  but I am having a hard time.

There could be "heat gravity" too.

I can get my education from writing a paper of my own.

Thanks.

Edited by WillM
Spelling typo

34 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

alice in wonderful land is a great movie showing how the government has enslaved you by words. so instead of wakeing up and returning to mother nature as a native, you keep believing in something that does not exist. 

33 minutes ago, WillM said:

Nobody can "pick-up" wind, it is naturally "invisible" that would mean it is run by "data" you can't see. Further it makes sense that, for example, martial principles like the one--inch punch are applied to air mechanics you can see how it is like a skipping stone that was a weak deflection. The more sideways you throw the stone. The further it goes. Likewise the spin changes the direction. This, introduced to gas mechanics means there can be unpredictable, turbulant heat pockets, that would, in theory, only produce heat with oblique entry. When it goes to "skip" in a meteorite of the 6 "shooting stars" I have seen, alll if them were to the side. The general attitude of gravity  relative to the ablation constitutes further friction beyond the "skipping stone analysis" , further decreasing equilibrium. 

That is, the rock's momentum itself contributes to the frictional coefficient between the air and the object by making it MORE frictional by exponents in some cases. The least I am saying is that there is more to it than just the air and the object coefficient as variables.

I am trying diligently to find the study about the boiling,  but I am having a hard time.

There could be "heat gravity" too.

I can get my education from writing a paper of my own.

Thanks.

I thought one was odd. Now we have a matching pair. :laught16:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can tell this one spent time melting,  there is video of it lol  it must have caught a pocket that made it go faster from liquifying but seem to spread out more.

2 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

How do you wake up and return to mother nature as a native? What do we believe in that does not exist? What are you talking about?

I (not me) would just ignore you but every time I (not me) visit the forum you have some bizarre statement. I (not me) prefer to live in reality. This is just weird.

Edited by matt
  • Like 1
  • well done 1

mother nature is reality, all governments are artificial or fictitious corporate nonsense. they have only been inexistence for 820 years. they were invented to enslave natives.

can't hear, but thanks for the picture, she's not me type, like petite nerdy types with small tits. like me, they don't sweat in the desert.

Sunset jet contrails often look like incoming meteors or UFOs. The 25/8/2011 youtube video of Peru was of a passenger plane contrail. Meteoroids cannot leave melting trails like these airplane contrails. The light you see is the incandescent ionized air molecules interacting with the meteoroid.  When the meteoroid collides with air molecules, its high level of kinetic energy rapidly ionizes and excites a long, thin column of atmospheric atoms along the meteoroid’s path, creating a flash of light visible from the ground below. This column, or meteor trail, is usually initially less than 1 meter in diameter, but will be tens of kilometers long.

Image result for sunset plane contrails

This first one is of a passenger plane heading west at sunset. The plane was visible as it crossed overhead, but was hidden by the contrails as it headed towards the western horizon.

image.png

Here the plane is still visible.

image.png

This one was heading directly away from the observer.

Don't be fooled by orange sunset jet contrail youtubes.

Cheers!

billpeters

10 hours ago, billpeters said:

Sunset jet contrails often look like incoming meteors or UFOs. The 25/8/2011 youtube video of Peru was of a passenger plane contrail. Meteoroids cannot leave melting trails like these airplane contrails. The light you see is the incandescent ionized air molecules interacting with the meteoroid.  When the meteoroid collides with air molecules, its high level of kinetic energy rapidly ionizes and excites a long, thin column of atmospheric atoms along the meteoroid’s path, creating a flash of light visible from the ground below. This column, or meteor trail, is usually initially less than 1 meter in diameter, but will be tens of kilometers long.

This first one is of a passenger plane heading west at sunset. The plane was visible as it crossed overhead, but was hidden by the contrails as it headed towards the western horizon.

image.png

image.png

Cheers!

billpeters

I saw a study with the camera watching a rock strapped to a spacecraft on re-entry boil. I may never find it again, but I am not exaggerating.

16 hours ago, billpeters said:

image.png

image.png

Cheers!

billpeters

Next you'll be saying that the Phoenix lights in 1997 were not actually UFO but aircraft flares.

Edited by chrisski