Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello everyone,  Hi Nuggetshooter,  I am new to metal detecting and have yet to find all the amazing things that I see unearthed on YouTube! I love your channel Bill and have learned so much on the technique and usage of metal detecting equipment. I’ve met a friend in my area who actually  knows you his name is Driller Dave. I look forward to learning so much more through this forum.  My very first detector was an Outback. I just got a brand new minelab equinox 800. Any advice on how to use my Noxie 800 would be appreciated. Thanks all, Monica aka: Dragonfly Diggs

Edited by Dragonfly Diggs
grammer errors
  • Like 6

Howdy and welcome.  Coop

Hello Monica,

I’m glad to see you made it to this great forum. There are a lot of very knowledgable  prospectors and coin hunters here. Ask your questions and I know the members will try to help.

I saw Monica detecting along the Kern River and stopped to chat. She is a very nice lady and has that spark in her eye when she digs something up, weather it be a pull tab or a coin. Any help the Nuggetshooter community can give her I know she would appreciate.

Dave

• Like 1

Good Luck and perserverance to you !
Like Dave says , when you have specific questions ask on the various forums .

Welcome to the forum from Southern California. Good luck Dragonfly!

Monica,

Dave has steered you to a good place to be on these forums.  Bill's videos will let you know some of the places where he hunts and you can hunt the same types of places or you can just try a hunch.  Over the years many thousands of people have come and gone and many of them have lost something or left it behind.

I don't know your area on the Kern River but I'm sure there are lots of articles at the library in the old newspapers.  There are some good links here and YouTubes on how to research your local spots.  In some ways this is just like one of those new sales jobs we've all had a crack at.  They tell you to make a list of all your family and friends and ask them if they want to buy that candy your kid is selling.

Make a list of family and friends and ask them if you can detect their property or if they know a good place to go.

Good luck and come back and post some pics of those gold coins you find.

If you get down to Santa Monica I can give you some beach pointers.

Mitchel