Nugget Shooter Forums
jpuisis

Tracker off-road side x side

I am looking at buying a Tracker Off-road 500 from Bass Pro. They are being built by the people that bought out Arctic Cat and Bad Boy Buggies. Anyone have any knowledge about these ATV's either good or bad ?

Lots of problems seen online about faulty parts on artic cat built machines. A few tout the brand as good but the majority say they would never buy one again.

I have an old Arctic Cat quad and have no problems with it. I would like to hear from someone that has one of the new Tracker Off-road machines. There warranty is 6 to 12 months longer than all other major makers. For the price ,I am looking for someone  to tell their experiences with the new brand. I can find a lot of info about the 800 model on line, but very little about the 500. Thanks Mxt Sniper for your input. Any one else have any thing to say ?

People with good problem free units don't do reviews very much

But someone with problem unit are going to be all over and a lot are so trivial and the dealer fixed it free but they are still going to complain

It's like going out to eat 9 times the best food and service on the earth

10 the time food is not as good and you wait along time for service and food, someone asks have you ever eaten there reply , yeah the last time bad service and food

It takes a lot of good replies to offset 1 bad

Chevy , Ford, Ram, Jeep  don't ask a group of men which is best could cause a huge fight, just like I didn't say a group of men and WOMEN

Sorry ladies just a example didn't mean anything

You started your topic post here referring to side x sides.
I owned a 700 XP Polaris SxS , after driving and riding in a few 500 cc units I would call them underpowered with a passenger and loaded with gear step up to a larger cc displacement no matter what brand.
Currently have owned a 500 H.O. TRV Cat ( factory 2-seater quad) for 3 years now and it takes the wife an I and loaded with gear anywhere easily. But that's a quad, lighter.
Average SxS  comes in between 1200 up to 2000 lbs, takes some BEEF to start pushin that dry weight along with a load of passenger and gear.
Have fun , shopping is half the fun of purchasing Hapy Huntn.

Frank c, I am looking for a side by side. Wife won't ride on the quad, it hurts her back. For $7999.00 ($9000.00) out the door the Tracker 500 will fit my 10x5 trailer and will fit in the bed of our truck if we get a camping trailer. Right now we have a cab over camper.We don't do any real heavy duty off roading.Just from camp to dry washing or detecting spots. Any one with actual Tracker knowledge please chime in. The 800 model is too big,the Honda doesn't have the dump bed I want, the Polaris 500 and 570 models are just too expensive.

Frank c, Tracker Off-road is the new name for Arctic Cat. They are being built right here in the USA at the old Arctic Cat plant in Minn. Look up Tracker off-road or Textron which is the parent company on the Internet. They really look impressive, but I still would like to talk to someone that owns one. Out west they are being sold through Bass Pro Shops and Cabellas.

Edited by jpuisis
Added bass pro info

Heres a good 2 page forum post on the subject. May interest you.
https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/tracker-atv.289072/
You have to remember when a "new" kid shows up on the block, the best thing is to "wait" an see what goes on with it. It takes some time for buyers to use and start yappin about the "reality" of the vehicle.

• Like 1