Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cassidy

Help with rock identification

I was curious what the  orange was  in the rocks interior. Found it in the Lake Havasu  City ,  AZ  area.  Any info would be helpful.received_714084635773969.jpegreceived_499218937309677.jpegreceived_366677614241411.jpegreceived_725779434494078.jpeg

• Like 1

The most prominent orange mineral in Arizona is wulfenite. So I did a search around Lake Havasu City and found this particular mine. I'm not saying it's 100% wulfenite but the link below gave me an idea. 

https://www.mindat.org/locentry-857780.html

• Like 1

Here's some more general information on collecting around Lake Havasu City if you don't already have it. I'm sure there's more detailed info in some of the guide books on Arizona mineral collecting localities. You'll get even more information from the long time rockhounds that belongs to the club.

2 hours ago, Morlock said:

Here's some more general information on collecting around Lake Havasu City if you don't already have it. I'm sure there's more detailed info in some of the guide books on Arizona mineral collecting localities. You'll get even more information from the long time rockhounds that belongs to the club.

https://www.golakehavasu.com/rock-minerals-rockhounding