Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Morlock

Gnarly Gold and Quartz Specimen

Posted (edited)

I'm selling this on behalf of a friend of mine.

15.79 grams of buttery yellow gold in quartz. Most of the quartz has been etched away with Whink leaving the gnarly gold intact. I've seen quite a few gold in quartz specimens but nothing quite like this one. 

He's asking $1000.00 but will consider offers. PayPal or cashiers check. PM if interested.15671020366986450569680025922090.jpg

15671021572774507423989845568382.jpg

This specimen looks MUCH better in person.

Edited by Morlock
  • Like 3

This specimen absolutely sparkles under a light which I guess means the surface is highly crystalized. I can't get any close up photos of the surface.

Try to get a picture under the diffused light of a cloudy sky.

Keeping the camera a little farther away so it can focus will allow the best picture.  Then, crop/edit the picture in order to 'zoom' in.

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

Try to get a picture under the diffused light of a cloudy sky.

Keeping the camera a little farther away so it can focus will allow the best picture.  Then, crop/edit the picture in order to 'zoom' in.

Thanks Luke. I'll try it but my phone is almost 4 years old. While it may have had a good camera back then, technology has evolved greatly since.

My phone is 8 years old and still takes all the great pictures I post on here.  :D

Being a Samsung probably helps some.  Main thing is getting the right distance so the thing can focus.  Another important thing is to have it steadied against something so it doesn't move after it's in focus.  I usually take ten pictures to get one or two 'good ones'.

Good Luck, nice nug.  :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Put a penny in the pic so peeps can see the size of it. And.... as Luke has said. Try a tripod with timed settings. 

Tom H.

Thanks Luke, Tom. The pictures did come out much better following your advice although I wasn't exactly satisfied with the lighting. I used a free app called Adobe Light Box which was really simple to use.

Still, the photos don't do justice.0309-2019-100332263813426020346.jpeg0309-2019-102033263650435993328.jpeg

• Like 4
  • well done 2

I delved into the Lightroom app a little more and found I could adjust the color.

This is as close as I can get colorwise. Never realized just how good this free app is. I had another I used years ago but didn't come close to the capabilities of this one.

0309-2019-03521753325888582037.jpeg

0309-2019-03277693421482368279.jpeg