Nugget Shooter Forums

I had a mining friend pass away very recently and felt I needed to head to the area I ended up meeting him out in the desert all those years ago. Arrived a bit after dark and started night detecting an area the mining friend had turned me onto. I managed 6 small pieces by 11pm. First thing in the morning I headed over to where the big gold had been found... not much luck with all the hot volcanics driving me crazy looking for a source... Someone had drywashed a part of the area and didn't vaccum very well as I scored 7 small bits off bedrock they missed. Around 2pm I headed back to another wash I had found many hundreds of small nuggets in. Boy howdy was I happy I moved as I was picking up piece after piece for about 2 1/2 hours till I had to drive home. Ended up with 34 small pieces with no shortage of targets. So 47 small fun to recover pieces ...total 2.5 grams

20190818_091043.jpg

• Like 9
  • well done 7
  • wow 2

Excellent finds BD !!  :thumbsupanim

Sorry to hear about your friend....

Luke

• Thanks 1

Awesome job bud. :ya:

Tom H.

• Like 1

Nice job, BD.  I know you earned those as the last time I was night hunting, the grasshoppers were jumping all over while I was trying to get the gold.   Mosquitos are killer right now, too.  Yes... well earned.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...