Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Relichunter2016

Woods Creek Nugget 2016

This is an old story going back to 2016 when the news hit local and international media outlets about a 18 ozt nugget found at Woods Creek in Tuolumne County, California. I tracked the nugget and finally found out that its on display at the Ironstone Winery in Murphys California. I took a trip up ole Hwy 49 and visited this winery and discovered that they have one hell of a museum with a great collection of local gold form the surrounding areas along with relics from the gold rush era. They also have many gold specimens and native gold jewelry for sale, I also noticed some 16 to 1 quartz gold specimen available. If you find yourself in the region, stop by and visit they also have a great lineup of country music bands and artist throughout the Summer . The outdoor gardens and premises are filled with old gold rush era mining equipment including stamp mills. Below is the picture of Woodies Wonder which is held in the main vault with the more famous 40 pound  Crown Jewel of Ironstone gold leaf specimen found in Jamestown..largest piece that came out of the lucky strike on Christmas day. Woodies Wonder contains 11.2 ozt of gold...

crown jewel.jpg

woodies nugget.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • wow 2

Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1