Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jayray

A Hot One!!!

Howdy All,

Well the desert heat has really been kicking it up a notch, but that didn't slow us down too much. A couple of weeks ago I meet someone who has taken an interest into meteorite hunting and I provided some tips, tricks and even a spot to hunt. With him being new to the meteorite hunting game and the learning curve, I did one better and went with him to a good location and helped him find his 1st meteorite.

We started about 8 am and within a half hour of so I scored a little piece. As I kept moving and looking at different parts of the dry lake, we moved south and I spotted another small piece. I called Paul over on the radio and guided him to his 1st piece, a small 2 gram chip.  After finding that piece he was ready for more! We kept moving in a southern direction and after a couple of hours, I got a nice chunk. It weighed in at 10 grams. Paul made another score of sorts but I'll let him share that find it he chooses too. We ended up leaving right around noon, as it was way too hot, even with a breeze. All in all a good half-day hunting and getting someone new into the hobby. Did I mention, he's ready to go back and find more?

Happy Hunting and keep looking down.

Jayray

IMG_7498.JPG

IMG_7500.JPG

IMG_7501.JPG

• Like 9

Man, that sounds like so much fun !  Thank you for sharing Jayray !

Nice ones, Jason.  One of my favorite spots to hunt, too!

Thanks guys. We need a new strewn field though...or at least a new cold find area. :brows:

Jayray