Nugget Shooter Forums

Just got back from 7 days of archery hunting. I got mine but Cameron struggled to seal the deal. He got 4 shots with 4 awesome stalks. Unfortunately he didn't connect. Pretty good buck fever though lol. Then the wind messed him up a few times. Awesome smallmouth fishing mid day and dozens upon dozens of bucks to look at. We have 3 more weekend's so he will get it im sure. Take care everyone. 

Dan 

20190815_213450.jpg

20190814_081747.jpg

• Like 5
  • well done 3

Dan

Sure looks like both of you had a great time even though Cameron didn't get his. Still plenty of time though.

Looking at your bow, I can't believe how far the technology has come since I had one many years ago. Didn't look anything like yours and mine was top of the line at the time but was strictly for target practice, not hunting.

Can you give me some idea where you went? Is it far from you know where?

• Like 1

Yeah the technology definitely has come a long way with bows. We stayed at wildhorse and hunted in the surrounding areas around there. We will try for his again tomorrow evening then Sunday morning. 

10 hours ago, nugget108 said:

. We stayed at wildhorse 

"Wild horse Mesa" by Zane Grey is a great read.

Fat buck. Venison. It's what's for dinner:)

Good job Dan... you guys still have plenty of time.  Buck fever can get to the best of us.  Those dang bucks will start to smarten up eventually though..... no presure :)

• Haha 1

Yep, they will definitely start getting smarter now. Im sure he will stick one. He passed up a pretty nice 3 point Monday morning that was just perfect. The wind and the stalk couldn't have been better. BUT hes holding out for this weekend because we are headed back up to where we were last week. I told him archery isnt like anything else, you take what you can get most of the time. Now that he had to draw a big boy tag, he cant just go from archery to muzzleloader to rifle anymore. He didn't think of that haha.

• Like 1