Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rylan

Yooperlite advice

Any thoughts? Cut and polish, tumble, or cut and tumble? Or is it just a waste of time. I think I know what to look for now. If this a yooperlite, by chance. Thanks in advance. Bonus, the dime is a 1964 I received in change last last week.

1DB7227F-EB5E-4BFD-B29C-B7E978EEAC46.jpeg

683E0016-9CBA-48CC-983B-43DC4615BB7D.jpeg

6749748C-72CA-434C-8717-007E427B23D5.jpeg

• Like 1

People purchase these for their fluorescent qualities. Tumbling or anything else wouldn't add any value imho. They look fine as is under a LW lamp or flashlight.

• Like 1

Looks like one to me. These polish up nicely in my experience so that is a good option, and the fluorescent sodalite runs throughout the rock so no worries about sanding it away.

Thanks for the advice from both of you. I don’t plan on making any profit on anything right now. I could cut in half and send each one of you a piece. Anyone else as well,  I would be glad to find some more and pass on to you

• Like 1

I wouldn't cut it in half as it would detract from its natural beauty. It's much better left alone as is imho. But I welcome your generosity.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Morlock said:

I wouldn't cut it in half as it would detract from its natural beauty. It's much better left alone as is imho. But I welcome your generosity.

Yeah this is how I feel about Yooperlites. There’s not really anything to be gained by cutting one. Ultimately though, it’s yours, and you should do with it what makes you happy.

• Like 1