Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi to all 

This is my latest  finds from an expedition of meteorite hunting.

jimale is back again 

IMG_20190812_010228_4~2.jpg

IMG_20190812_005900_7.jpg

IMG_20190812_005620_6~2.jpg

IMG_20190810_020853_5.jpg

• Like 2
  • well done 1

Are those sandstone? I cant tell for sure on the first one.

Jimale! Welcome back!

We had a fellow here last week with exploding sandstone from Mars. It looked similar to yours. Have you done any pyrotechnical tests on your stones?

it is your fault, Bob...you just had to ask about him!

love stones

fred

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fredmason said:

it is your fault, Bob...you just had to ask about him!

love stones

fred

I spoke his name and he appeared. :200:  Just like old times huh Fred?

I was actually missing ol' Jimalito after a night of conversation with the Canadian sandstone guy. It brought back fond memories of the pimp wisdom we shared with Jimale so long ago. :2drink: 

His photos are greatly improved. And I see he has a couple valuable meteorites. Obviously a Lunar and  a Martian. :inocent:  My guess is he has a whole lot more where those came from. :rolleyes:

This should be a hoot! :ya:

Bob

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Added a bunch of emojis because they are so freaking obnoxious.
  • Like 1

A little off the subject but that first picture looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost smiling and winking at us all while he is thinking "what are these guys going to come up with this time?" LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Welcome back Jamale! We've missed you around here.

I need your services. There is a huge run on sandstone Martians just now.  I've got to make a batch of Authentic Man-made Martians and need to put in a rush order for some of the specialty blend concoction from Jamalito Enterprises.  The ingredients must be sandstone silica based that is highly explosive with a heavy concentration of perchlorate Cl-O4.  Please add the usual mix of other ingredients to make it authentic.

Cheers!

billpeters

P.S. You should come to the Tucson AZ rock and gem show late January to early February 2020. This is the largest gathering of of top meteorite dealers; buyers and sellers in the world. I'd be able to put you up for a couple of nights about 90 minutes north near Phoenix, AZ if you make it.

Edited by billpeters

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, billpeters said:

Welcome back Jamale! We've missed you around here.

I need your services. There is a huge run on sandstone Martians just now.  I've got to make a batch of Authentic Man-made Martians and need to put in a rush order for some of the specialty blend concoction from Jamalito Enterprises.  The ingredients must be sandstone silica based that is highly explosive with a heavy concentration of perchlorate Cl-O4.  Please add the usual mix of other ingredients to make it authentic.

Cheers!

billpeters

P.S. You should come to the Tucson AZ rock and gem show late January to early February 2020. This is the largest gathering of of top meteorite dealers; buyers and sellers in the world. I'd be able to put you up for a couple of nights about 90 minutes north near Phoenix, AZ if you make it.

Thanks to all who reacted to my posts.

I call upon Institution or an individual willing to classify my finds, I am sure it will be a beautiful partnership.

IMG_20190810_025521_9.jpg

IMG_20190810_021642_2~2.jpg

1565711564573.jpg

1565562263819.jpg

1565561357415.jpg

1565562719637.jpg

1565562722089.jpg

Edited by Jimale
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Posted (edited)

Hey Jimale! It is good to hear from you and see your new finds! Your photos are a lot better! 

The first photo is obviously a metamorphic rock that has been rounded in slurry. It was split in half when it impacted the earth surface. It is likely a Martian meteorite that will only be explosive in a pure helium environment. Since it is obviously water worn it could be very important. We know Mars used to have water and your stone may provide evidence as to why the surface so abruptly changed to the exploding Martian sandstone you have found in your second photo. 

These are both valuable meteorites and you should send samples to the University of New Mexico. The guy you need to speak to is Dr. Whammo and he is the head of the Applied Frisbonics Program at UNM. He operates the nuclear observatory on Mt. Chingada near Toadlena, New Mexico. He has the equipment needed to analize the samples at no cost. 

I honestly don't know what the rock with the hole in it is. Its structure is too complex for my limited knowledge. It obviously has a thick fusion patina and armored chondrules. There are places where I see olivine and there is some iridium staining around multiple pentahedrite inclusions. It could be slightly radioactive too so be careful when handling it. 

I know the moon has a lot of craters so the one with the holes could be lunar. I think Dr. Whammo would definitely be interested in seeing a sample from this one too!

Your beautiful partner,

Bedrock Bob

:)

Edited by Bedrock Bob
We love you brother! You are a heck of a lot of fun and we missed you!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The main mass of the last photo.

1565876962956.jpg

1565983876762.jpg

1565805672001.jpg

1565806561289.jpg

I'll analyze your rocks.or $100.00 each and tell you whether or not they are meteorites. Think of it as an investment since meteorites do bring a lot of money these days.:rolleyes:

On 8/17/2019 at 6:09 PM, Morlock said:

I'll analyze your rocks.or $100.00 each and tell you whether or not they are meteorites. Think of it as an investment since meteorites do bring a lot of money these days.:rolleyes:

morlock

Hot ice, cold fire!! etc ABC

Wonderful Jimale !  I am fascinated by your luck and keen ability to locate so many unique rocks

• Haha 1

This is not partially gneiss nor white crust and I suspect it won't contain perchlorate either. Why I am being told to check this page out is nonsense to me? Where is crust Jamal, Where is the effects of atmospheric entry,  My sandstone has flow lines caused by "water"? Me and this guy are playing two completely different fields and I think it's safe to say my sandstone is plenty more worthy of being king fake meteorite.

Cheers, 

Odin

13 hours ago, Odinxgen said:

But I see slag and a regular arkose sandstone. Why do I need to see this XD

OD

you need ten thousands hours to Identify a fusion crust.

What I saw in your page is no sandstone, but water worn rock that is plenty in my barn.

What kind of an instrument do you employ  in differentiating between  a slag  and a meteorite?

Am not competing with anyone here, What is XD,  slang?. you need to do better than this, dude.

Your sandstone is a regular arkose sandstone. Simply google it, no amount of examination will change that Jimale. I know from a find of high quality Ironstone concretions I thought were meteorites that there are not typically holes in meteorites, and while it does happen, your other rocks can probably be matched to the exact type of slag it is in the online catalogue of slag.

It's not a competition. If you brought that to somebody they will likely told you what I just told you, If you feel like me and you have the same sandstone then I recommend watching this video and comparing.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AURSKz2QfH0

Best Regards,

Odin

I would not mind if you post some higher quality photos of the interior Jimale

Best Regards,

Odin

On 8/23/2019 at 7:13 PM, Odinxgen said:

I would not mind if you post some higher quality photos of the interior Jimale

Best Regards,

Odin

Odin,

Is this a  fusion crust? 

1566663813892.jpg

1566661083874.jpg

On 8/24/2019 at 11:33 AM, Jimale said:

Odin,

Is this a  fusion crust? 

1566663813892.jpg

1566661083874.jpg

I would say no mate, While I have been recommended to this topic I think it's important that you look at the sandstone I have presented. First thing Jimale, Sandstone will turn white or grey when subjected to high temperature, this is why any possible sed-type meteorite must have a white outer crust as even with this present it is a LOOOOONNG shot to identification. I don't know what the first image is of but I will post a few images of my sandstone, the gravelite in the tunguska epicentre, and the foundation stone which is a terrestrial sandstone with some more bizarre features. One common trait among all three of them is super high density. candidates for sed-type meteorite rock doesn't thud they ting, and I imagine if you hit these two rocks with a hammer they will break.

20190730_022611.jpg

20190904_105525.jpg

Anfinogenova Y Fig1.JPG

JS Regmaglypts.jpg

S 3 F 3.jpg

On 8/23/2019 at 9:52 AM, Jimale said:

OD

you need ten thousands hours to Identify a fusion crust.

What I saw in your page is no sandstone, but water worn rock that is plenty in my barn.

What kind of an instrument do you employ  in differentiating between  a slag  and a meteorite?

Am not competing with anyone here, What is XD,  slang?. you need to do better than this, dude.

Also slag is catalouged online. you can find a nice slag picture book which I have used to compare my own to always BEFORE I ask for help. Let me see theese water worn rocks my friend because everybody interested in shutting me down swears they see them all the time but I have yet to see a similar stone ECEpt when I got some HI-Res images of John's stone which while it is a gravelite remove the included pebbles and the matrix is Just like mine, it's dense like mine and I suspect Nasa had a good reason for being there and taking samples earlier this summer.

If you need a book to identify slag then you need more field time, there is no replacement for experience.

Edited by Mikestang