Nugget Shooter Forums

So, on a whim, me and a friend decided to take a day trip to wickenberg from southern California to try and detect for some gold. At this point we are in Quartzsite and still a couple hours from wickenberg. We would be forever grateful if someone would give us a generalized DECENT area to detect. I know it's a lot to ask. We're not asking for secret spots (unless you WANT to give one up...lol), just somewhere with a pretty good chance of finding something yellow. Thank you in advance. 

Wish I could help but I can caution you. A lot of the land around there is State Trust land and you can't even get out of your car without a permit. Also most of the known gold producing areas are claimed. I hope someone else will jump in with more info. if not, maybe someone in Wickenburg  can help.

• Like 1

I think everyone is out looking for gold today due to the cool temp. Call this number. If he answers he will help but he may be out swinging too.

Thank you for the reply. It doesn't really even have to be IN Wickenberg. Somewhere close would be fine as well. I didn't see a number, sir! 

Sorry 623 910 0345    

• Haha 1

Any luck with a contact so far?

Just saw your post with the number right now. Going to be making the call in a minute or two.

You drove through or are in Gold Country...many areas around the Q....

fred

• Like 1

Should have just stayed in Quartzsite dude ...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, adam said:

Should have just stayed in Quartzsite dude ...

We hit the area south of the 10 near the Plamosa placers. Struck out. So decided to try to get to W'berg and the LSD Wash. Never hunted there before so went where we "thought" was the right place. WWAAYY OFF! Going east on the 60 wh  turned right on W Gates Rd. Went  down the road/hill until we crossed a wide waterway. Not sure that we were in the right place though. Thinking of hitting the other side of the 10 right now on the way back. 

You were 180 degrees off...Go out the other way until the pavement ends then take the left turn after the orange dirt piles....Thats' the entrance to LSD

Cheers, Unc

1 hour ago, Uncle Ron said:

You were 180 degrees off...Go out the other way until the pavement ends then take the left turn after the orange dirt piles....Thats' the entrance to LSD

Cheers, Unc

Thank you, Ron. Right about the time we figured out we were in the wrong place it was time for us to go. Ran across a couple of young guys with a broke down quad so we pulled them out of the river bottom and gave then some cold water. .After that, it was time to begin our 6 hour trip home. Jrdemaris gave us a hand with some directions, but the drive to the spot y'all are talking about was another 40 minutes from where we were and we just didn't have the time. There's always next time! 😉👍

Dude🙃.  I see you 2 days ago and no mention of this trip.  I love to research you know that.  I would have researched your entire trip even though I couldn’t go.  I hope you find something bro!!!✌🏻🏻🏻🏻

Brownie

• Like 1