Nugget Shooter Forums

4 hours ago, Uncle Ron said:

Unless you've got a butt load of silver I wouldn't for a while, but stay on top of price and be ready to sell if it appears to be plunging...I probably won't be selling my silver or my gold for a while.. Cheers, Unc

A butt load of silver.

I wonder who came up with that measurement system? Honestly. I mean WTF?

I could have a butt load of silver and not be able to buy a cup of coffee. I guess I never thought of it as a storage compartment and neglected to work on increasing my holding capacity. I honestly don't know how much silver my butt would hold but I would probably feel like I was rich enough after stuffing just a couple ounces in there.

A buttload could easily turn into a pantload if you were not careful. My advice would be to sell. 

• Haha 4

That's just a generic measure, Bob...Just wash it before you put it in your pocket! :hide:  Cheers, Unc

• Haha 5

I expect it came from the illegal transport of silver way back when Spain owned all the silver...

could have a been a butt load of gold or diamonds, or emeralds...but never a set amount because some butts will carry much more than others...

words, they can really make you think weird thoughts...

fred

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fredmason said:

I expect it came from the illegal transport of silver way back when Spain owned all the silver...

could have a been a butt load of gold or diamonds, or emeralds...but never a set amount because some butts will carry much more than others...

words, they can really make you think weird thoughts...

fred

I have some good "inside info" that a buttload of cocaine is worth a lot of money. And rumor has it that there is a fellow that can get a couple kilos in there. He is a local folk hero. There is even a corrida about him. They call him "El Chile Relleno" :25r30wi:

The thought comes to mind that some cargo would diminish in value after a sweaty trip across the bridge. I hear the cocaine triples in value after that short butt ride. If I can make a dollar out of 15 cents by stuffing diamonds in my crack and doing the hundred yard dash you will see me in tennis shoes a lot more often than detecting boots.

I tell people that my placer gold nuggets are worth more than finished gold. They are unique natural creations that can only be found with an incredible amount of time and effort. An ounce of finished gold is worth whatever the market says it is. It comes in a nice boring lump. Natural gold mined by some freak that spends too darn much time in the desert is rare stuff and a lot more valuable per ounce than specie.

If a customer wants a genuine natural nugget like it came from the mountain they are going to have to pay more. I might start hauling my poke (:laught16:) back from the placer in my fanny and adding shipping charges to the price.  :arrowheadsmiley:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There is a lot of political and economic uncertainty in the world today.  I'm reading that a lot of people in foreign countries are already building up their purchases of gold and silver, for fear of uncertain times.  Central Banks of foreign nations are also building up their inventory of gold.  The Russian and Chinese governments have been purchasing gold hand over fist for many years now.  What do they know that the average citizen doesn't?  It will take a lot more time for the citizens of the USA to get their heads out of the sand and start purchasing their share.  When this finally happens, physical gold will become scarcer and scarcer, then more and more people will begin to or try to buy it.  The price will go into the stratosphere.  Hedge fund managers are already encouraging it for portfolios. 

Personally, I am keeping my precious metals as a "rainy day" fund.  When the crap hits the fan, I will be good.

Remember this Golden Rule: " He who has the gold, makes the rules."

Cheers,

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I might start hauling my poke (:laught16:) back from the placer in my fanny and adding shipping charges to the price.  :arrowheadsmiley:

Bedrock Bob ... You crack me up! :rolleyes::ROFL::old:

• Like 1