Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigrex

Arizona Wulfenite Presentation

Posted (edited)

Thought some of you guys might appreciate this presentation about the mines that produced wulfenite in Arizona. He goes through quite a few mines across the state, and shows all sorts of specimen examples as well as some photos of the mines.

Edited by bigrex
  • Like 2

Thanks for the link.

Wullfenite is one of my favorite minerals. I visited the Red Cloud mine many years ago. At the time, the mine was undergoing a major operation to get into the guts to extract the specimens. From what I was told, it would never produce specimens again. I don't know if this is true or not since I haven't been back there since.

• Like 1

when was there?

was there 1975, with don and wit. took out many samples in egg cartons. don still has a few and enjoy looking at them each time there. was there last month.

• Like 1

Hi Rex, 

Great video ....I have been fortunate enough to have collected at several of those locations. Yet,  for some reason I do not have hardly any Wulfenites in my collection. A lot of them have long since broken over the years unfortunately  :aw-shucks:    

• Like 1