Nugget Shooter Forums

Could this be a sandstone meteorite, Seriously

I've got no idea what I'm looking at because my computer screen doesn't have the resolution needed to see and 'feel' the details you are describing.

If you have looked at the metbul site then you know what it takes for a meteorite to get classified.  Once classified it is then is named based upon its location when found.  You would be listed as the discoverer.  Then it has value.

There are quite a few dealers on the web.  Take your best pictures and send it to them.  If they make you an offer then they think it is real.  

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i guess im coming into this a little late.  Little back ground on myself i went to college for geology and i am in the process of obtaining my professional geologist license.   A few things th

I'm finally getting to you huh?  You need to get it in perspective buddy. Honestly. You are not going to convince anyone that your rock could possibly be a meteorite. You have given it your all. I

Just enjoy the fact that you are going to get a whole bunch of crap thrown your way for making statements like that.  You are correct that "the rock speaks for itself". And it is saying something

Posted Images

14 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I've got no idea what I'm looking at because my computer screen doesn't have the resolution needed to see and 'feel' the details you are describing.

If you have looked at the metbul site then you know what it takes for a meteorite to get classified.  Once classified it is then is named based upon its location when found.  You would be listed as the discoverer.  Then it has value.

There are quite a few dealers on the web.  Take your best pictures and send it to them.  If they make you an offer then they think it is real.  

Higher quality photos of the stone. Yeah IDK nobody takes this idea seriously and how can I argue proof if vital I mean key details are simply brushed aside. I'm done with this and pursuing future expeditions that are more prepared. I'm glad that cooler minds prevail I feel blessed in this work I've done truly and I 80% stand behind my assertions here and elsewhere. I've made a few errors but these things are ultimately  ironed out in the bigger picture. -odin

20200508_162525.jpg

20200508_162513.jpg

20200508_162448.jpg

20200508_162438.jpg

20200508_162329.jpg

20200508_135052.jpg

20200508_135041.jpg

20200508_134909.jpg

20200508_135018.jpg

The interior has become sand that I have kept and will always keep. I've not wasted this but controlled it and am amazed by this stone. The exterior is quite fused and all fragments survive and held by many people here in Winnipeg.