Nugget Shooter Forums
Odinxgen

Could this be a sandstone meteorite, Seriously

6 minutes ago, Odinxgen said:

Some people cant look past that a meterorite made of sandstone is not going to look like others and discuss this particular sandstone. 

This particular sandstone has no meteoritic characteristics at all. Lets discuss that.

35 minutes ago, Odinxgen said:

I'm still waiting for images of the common terrestrial sandstone similar to this one

Go to a geology forum, or a university geology department.  If all you're doing is waiting, you'll be waiting forever.

• Like 2

I think the drugs have finally worn off. He has been at it hard for 30 hours. Maybe he can get some sleep now and stop obsessing on his sandstone. :tisk-tisk:

45 minutes ago, Odinxgen said:

I'm still waiting for images of the common terrestrial sandstone similar to this one,

Odinxgen 

The best place to find "common terrestrial sandstone similar to this one" is to go back to the place where you had found this one and look around for more. 

billpeters

Interesting, not a single one of you can produce a simple photo of an again very common rock because ive been on the geology forums all day. Not a single sandstone there looks like it even remotely resembles this. youre all making assumptions and I remain open and optimistic and I appreciate that I was able to lay out everything here so nicely. Again I don't mind that your making fun of me, You think that im insane for following the path that is soo clearly laid out for all of us. The entire point of this thread is that meteorite experts are so set in their ways that even when a witnessed fall is brought forth ike the one in B.C. you are unwilling to receive such prime examples. And you baselessly and incorrectly identified this stone. You won't find an image like this one because there isn't one and I welcome any and all evidence counter to that. I'm the one sitting here with a sandstone that again may be extraterrestrial and undoubtedly it will go unnoticed. I am praying that all future hunters will come across this thread and educate themselves on all the information available and that we are finally able to produce the sandstone meteorites that cannot be refuted! they exist, they are here, and you aren't finding them. I do not care that you or bob think that I am foolish for pursuing this because I have far more readily than you disseminated and and produced information that like it or not is true. I have not lied here and I will pursue this with or without the help of those who happen to be online here now.

6 hours ago, Odinxgen said:

I think this guy also found one, I hope he didn't throw it away? 

I live in Arizona. Arizona is a Mars magnet. I can go out in nearby Mesa, AZ and pick up red martian meteorites every single time. You can find them everywhere. Nearly all of the red rocks in Sedona, AZ come from Mars. People use them to build fireplaces and outdoor patios. They are quite useful and beautiful. The irony is that professional meteorite researchers have never seen nor found a red martian meteorite. Boy are they missing out!:ya:

billpeters

1 hour ago, billpeters said:

The best place to find "common terrestrial sandstone similar to this one" is to go back to the place where you had found this one and look around for more. 

billpeters

Yeah I did that buddy. I'm so tired of hearing what I already know, and being told the same wrong stuff. OF course I went through the area thoroughly nothing even close. But I don't think you really care you and mike are just trying to make me feel bad about all of this. I don't regret posting here despite the personal attacks I think this would be a helpful thread and could contribute to finally identifying and proving the planetary geologists theories right. Fact of the matter is you are no more able to say it isn't than I can say it is, but the stone itself is what it is, So again I am appreciative of all the help I have received here and am looking forward to seeing comparisons that will arise from all of the information collected so far

Cheers,

Daylon

I live in Arizona. Arizona is a Mars magnet. I can go out in nearby Mesa, AZ and pick up red martian meteorites every single time. You can find them everywhere. Nearly all of the red rocks in Sedona, AZ come from Mars. People use them to build fireplaces and outdoor patios. They are quite useful and beautiful. The irony is that professional meteorite researchers have never seen nor found a red martian meteorite. Boy are they missing out!:ya:

billpeters

Nice let's see your comparison because otherwise this is just another example of baseless and harassing attacks on me. This actually the only comparable sandstone to mine I have come across, and this guy is a meteorite hunter, the irony is that he probably gave up because it's crazy to think you found the first one right? I really hope you start backing up what your saying because at this point I could not give less of a s*** what you think Billpeters

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Odinxgen said:

Interesting, not a single one of you can produce a simple photo of ...

Odinxgen,

Interesting, you have not been able to "produce a simple photo of" any meteorite that is similar to your sandstone. All of the photos provided so far are dissimilar.

The common sandstone boulders in NE Ohio where I am from are very similar to yours, pits included  I had never considered them interesting enough to photograph. Now I am too far to do so. 

billpeters

Edited by billpeters

The same goes for mike and bedrock bob, all you've done here attack me claim im on drugs and genuinely attempt to make a fool out of me while somehow still being wrng and unable to produce any evidence that this shape is common in sandstone. it's insulting to not only my intelligence but to the facts that have been laid out for you by people with PhD's and theirs is the opinion I am truly seeking. I am on the fence about what I think about this now because nobody here has had any meaningful insight on anything other than "that doesn't look like a meteorite ive seen", and my response is the same as it's been throughout. I could collectively trust the three of your opinions at this point about as far as I could toss a boulder. 

Do you suppose Jimale sold his camels and bought a plane ticket to B.C.?

This is also sedimentary but was a witnessed fall you are just proving my point more that you could get smacked on the head by a martian sandstone and you'd have no idea. 

gra06129.jpg

This looks a hell of a lot closer than a "pock" am I supposed to produce a meteorite that is the same shape as my sandstone? this picture below is what the surface looks like, and I think you're still wrong.

regmaglypts.jpg

This is a sandstoine from ne ohio. while you might think it looks similar bill I disagree.

40938940471_1c8768deb6.jpg

Im going to have to block these three, I cant deal with the level of harassment there throwing at me, im under enough stress as it is dealing with the passing of my father and I would just like to say again that this is for information, and Im not looking repeated issues we dealt with the crust sure it not one moving on to the bigger picture =)

No problem though, they basically all repeated the same point and them saying they aren't regmaglyphts doesn't actually line up with the opinion I got from the manager at a reputable rock shop, Jacobs rocks and trading. According to him they do resemble regmaglyphts but its to be discounted because its unlikely. so either they are being dishonest about what they think or they genuinely just don't have as sharp eyes as they think they do.

Antarctic meteorites Graves Nunataks GRA 06129 and paired GRA 06128 are not a witnessed fall, but have weathering grades of C and CE. They is no description of them as sedimentary.

• C: Severe rustiness; metal particles have been mostly stained by rust throughout.
  • E: Evaporite minerals visible to the naked eye.

"The most unusual of these, GRA 06129, (and its pair, GRA 06128) is difficult to classify due to its unusual composition. It has very sodic feldspar (Ab85) and ferroan olivine (Fa59) and pyroxene, contains high Ni FeNi metal, and has oxygen isotopic composition overlapping the Earth, Moon and enstatite meteorites. Everyone working on this sample has noted the ubiquitous sulfurous smell. This unusual composition is unlike any lunar sample yet studied, has extensive fusion crust (so it is not terrestrial), and is more oxidized than any of the enstatite meteorites. Given these features, its parent body is uncertain. Studies of its age, noble gas content and composition, trace element compositions, and volatile element contents will be very interesting. Given the reasonable size of this meteorite, there will be no shortage of material available for research. However, we nonetheless encourage researchers to form consortia that will allow the best and most efficient use of sample mass to learn more about this unusual meteorite."

billpeters

They are of course more than welcome to continue attacking me on this thread honestly they made themselves look worse and worse and I have no desire to hear what they have to say anyfurther.

Antarctic meteorites Graves Nunataks GRA 06129 and paired GRA 06128 are not a witnessed fall, but have weathering grades of C and CE. They is no description of them as sedimentary.

• C: Severe rustiness; metal particles have been mostly stained by rust throughout.
  • E: Evaporite minerals visible to the naked eye.

"The most unusual of these, GRA 06129, (and its pair, GRA 06128) is difficult to classify due to its unusual composition. It has very sodic feldspar (Ab85) and ferroan olivine (Fa59) and pyroxene, contains high Ni FeNi metal, and has oxygen isotopic composition overlapping the Earth, Moon and enstatite meteorites. Everyone working on this sample has noted the ubiquitous sulfurous smell. This unusual composition is unlike any lunar sample yet studied, has extensive fusion crust (so it is not terrestrial), and is more oxidized than any of the enstatite meteorites. Given these features, its parent body is uncertain. Studies of its age, noble gas content and composition, trace element compositions, and volatile element contents will be very interesting. Given the reasonable size of this meteorite, there will be no shortage of material available for research. However, we nonetheless encourage researchers to form consortia that will allow the best and most efficient use of sample mass to learn more about this unusual meteorite."

billpeters

Sure bud

And Bill seemed to miss the point of the meteorite fragment, If I had found that instead of this and posted it on here he would have the same argument and probably treat me the same way, and I don't think very many hunters would have been agreeing with me that that is a meteorite. The truth is nobody has evr seen a sedimentary meteorite but they are here and im sure that somebody that finds one will find this forum and I hope that it helps you.

Cheers, 

Daylon

Here is a Meteorite I purchased today at the Prescott Gem & Mineral Show. The vendor drilled a hole in it and added a light feature. Looks great on my end table !

IMG_2244.JPG

• Like 2

Looks like I found what happened to the crust, complete with impact fracturing it appears

20190802_202216.jpg

1 hour ago, Odinxgen said:

regmaglypts.jpg

That's a good looking rock. It has a very thin surface, a little thicker than a fingernail that resembles other meteorites and seems dissimilar to desert varnish. It has apparent chondrules. It looks like it has silvery metal specks within the matrix that are not crystalline.

Hands on analysis is always required. I would take it to an expert to verify the suspect meteorite and get it classified, if confirmed.

Thanks for posting it.

Cheers!

billpeters

P.S.: I will reply much less after this.

Goodnight

1 hour ago, adam said:

Here is a Meteorite I purchased today at the Prescott Gem & Mineral Show. The vendor drilled a hole in it and added a light feature. Looks great on my end table !

IMG_2244.JPG

Yeah keep making fun of me, It's really making this community look good...