Nugget Shooter Forums

Posted (edited)

Amarok and I took a couple days off this week and got in three days of detecting in the area we're working.  Monday he found a really nice piece, hopefully he has time to post it today.  Yesterday I hit a signal I've heard way to many times, the Gold Monster screams so loud on these targets it's almost obnoxious, I thought sure it was going to be another .22 bullet.  So far for me it's always been a bullet and I dug one earlier in the morning.  Worked it down to a small amount of dirt in the scoop and there it is, looks like a pretty beat up .22 bullet except....there is a tiny bit of yellow on the edge.  Cleaned it up and could not help but yell, "It's not lead!" lol.  .93 grams.

Rough Gold1.jpg

Edited by AllenJ
  • Like 11
  • well done 6
  • wow 2

Say, that's a nice looking bullet! Keep up the good work and best of luck to you!

Regards, Kyle

• Like 1

I knew he had found something great because there were other things yelled before that hahaha.

Here is what I found the day before. Those were the best three days I've had in quite a while. 

20190729_161601.jpg

• Like 11
  • well done 2
  • wow 2

Nice! Imagine what may be lurking inside, going to crush it down or drool over it as a specimen?

• Like 1

This is the picture that makes me drool the most!

Beautiful and amazing find.  You worked for it too, you moved a lot of boulders and rocks in those three days so you deserve it.

imagejpeg_3.jpg

• Like 6
  • well done 1

13 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Nice! Imagine what may be lurking inside, going to crush it down or drool over it as a specimen?

I decided to just drool Haha. I think that the only thing holding the gold on is the conglomerate. I'm scared to clean it up anymore than it is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllenJ said:

This is the picture that makes me drool the most!

Beautiful and amazing find.  You worked for it too, you moved a lot of boulders and rocks in those three days so you deserve it.

imagejpeg_3.jpg

We were both rewarded for hard work and long days in the sun. It's going to be hard not to expect that result everytime now Haha. I can't believe that I have to wait 1 1/2 weeks to get back out. 

• Like 2

That is an awesome find congratulations!  Specific gravity out of the question due to all the different host rock I’m assuming.  

Looks like it let go of some gold so more near by I hope👍🏻

Brownie

• Like 1

Most excellent !! Thanks for sharing  :brows::head:

• Like 1

Very nice guys!

• Like 1