Nugget Shooter Forums
garikfox

I just purchased a GPX-5000, Yay!

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, i'm excited! I just purchased a GPX-5000. I got 10% off the total. With an additional 8" commander mono coil, the total came out too 3.8k.

I studied for awhile on which one to get, the GPX-4500 or 5000. I figured for 1k more I could get the better one, so I got the GPX-5000, Yay!

Edited by garikfox
  • Like 6

Now the challenge will be to get the coil over some gold. You'll enjoy the 5K, I would never part with mine. Be sure to get some training and I also recommend the Johnathon Porter GPX videos. Once you wrap your head around the settings you can get the machine to run pretty smooth.     

Congrats.  The additional coil is the 8" mono, what is the other one?  Must be excited to get this thing out and used.

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys! it comes with a 11" round DD and a 12x15 mono. I'm thinking adding the 8inch mono was a good idea. Iv'e never used a mono coil before.

Edited by garikfox

3 hours ago, Desertpilot said:

Now the challenge will be to get the coil over some gold. You'll enjoy the 5K, I would never part with mine. Be sure to get some training and I also recommend the Johnathon Porter GPX videos. Once you wrap your head around the settings you can get the machine to run pretty smooth.     

I have the Johnathon Porter GPX CDs. (unwrapping the GPX)  I was going to sell them on E-bay, but if you want them for 20 bucks and shipping I will send them to you. Very good info in them. P.S. I live in Peoria Az.
Tom H.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi TomH, thanks. Is it specifically for the 5000?

Edited by garikfox

Pretty much. He does show the differences between the 4500 and 5000. Here are some pics of the cover.

Tom H. 

SAM_1985.JPG

SAM_1988.JPG

Posted (edited)

Thanks TomH. I will buy it. Do you have a PayPal i can gift you the money? or i can Western Union it.

Edited by garikfox

PM Sent