Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi All, We will be doing the fall outing in the weekend of November 15-17 at Little San Domingo. There will be some cool things going on and Minelab will also be there with some cool stuff to let you all test drive. More details as they come in.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I have high hopes of making this one. Thanks Bill!

• Like 4

I'll be there 

• Like 7

Sounds great, we should be able to be there!

Will there be a place for us to do some detecting or will we need to be part of one of the clubs?

I'd very much like to attend, but is this by invitation or part of a club one needs to belong to?

8 hours ago, Coldest said:

I'd very much like to attend, but is this by invitation or part of a club one needs to belong to?

Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend, no club membership, etc. needed, except to be able to hunt in some of the nearby areas!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coldest said:

Nearly all of the land adjacent to the campgrounds is state trust land, undetectable, or BLM and claimed.  There's some open ground a few mile away.  Plenty of club claims like GPAA to hunt on.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:02 PM, mariposagoldbag said:

Will there be a place for us to do some detecting or will we need to be part of one of the clubs?

There is open land for detecting all around the area. Be sure to stay off of STATE TRUST LAND though.

Tom H.

5 hours ago, TomH said:

There is open land for detecting all around the area. Be sure to stay off of STATE TRUST LAND though.

Tom H.

Thanks Tom, 

How do you find out if an area is state trust land?

17 hours ago, adam said:

http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/LandStatusAZ/GetMap     

So hows it been going living in Prescott and finding all the gold? 

I know about mylandmatters but how do you know what is state trust land within mylandmatters?

I've found some decent gold so far, but I'ma need a little time to find ALL the gold.  I've been avoiding all the popular spots and spending more time learning the area and geology, much different than the Mariposa area.  Living in prescott has been good but these Arizona drivers are going to force me to become a traffic cop out of spite!  I thought washington state drivers were bad, jesus christ Arizona!  STEP YOUR GAME UP !

4 minutes ago, mariposagoldbag said:

I know about mylandmatters but how do you know what is state trust land within mylandmatters?

I've found some decent gold so far, but I'ma need a little time to find ALL the gold.  I've been avoiding all the popular spots and spending more time learning the area and geology, much different than the Mariposa area.  Living in prescott has been good but these Arizona drivers are going to force me to become a traffic cop out of spite!  I thought washington state drivers were bad, jesus christ Arizona!  STEP YOUR GAME UP !

Side Note:  Those bad "Arizona Drivers" are from out of town.  Like most Arizona residents.  :4chsmu1:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LukeJ said:

Side Note:  Those bad "Arizona Drivers" are from out of town.  Like most Arizona residents.  :4chsmu1:

That's what I've been told before but I must say, I dont buy it one bit!  Maybe I'll start surveying these idiots, its not like I haven't had words with more than a few already! 

7 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Actually Luke, one of these terrible drivers had a sticker in their window that said "dont california my arizona"....so based off that it cant just be out of towners!  They cant stay in their own lane, everyone one speeds and runs red lights.  In california people drove a lot faster than seattle but atleast they had skills!  

PS  Sorry for the none gold related bull!

No worries, you're all 'out of towners' to me.  :)

...and yes, you're right about the Cali drivers.  Just got back from there.  Everybody is on their way to somewhere and the skills to make it happen.  Got back to Phoenix and it felt like it was the rookie hour.  boorb

Now, get out there and find some gold.  :head::old:

20190724_144320.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

Well HELLO LUKE,...........How-in-the-heck-ya-been?????????????    Well your above statement is "Exactly Spot-On" !!!!!!  And I can attest to that statement as well, as I am one of the few who was born and raised not only in Arizona, but, in Prescott.  The vast majority of "so-called"-locals are from SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!   So they bring their bad habits, attitudes, and self-centered ways with them from somewhere else to span-out over here.   And that all started back in the 60's; so small town Prescott and it's surroundings are no longer small town, it's just been tainted by outsiders over the years.   

• Like 2

Hey Gary....   Been busy with the family.  Still getting out there, but not as much as before.  Waiting on cooler weather.

Are you coming to the outing this fall?  :black_knight_standing:

Pretty sure I'm going to make it out there.  :head:

• Like 1

OK you rich old gold prospectors

When you go to an outing or detecting for a long weekend, week or whatever , I know Bill brings a truck camper pulling a trailer with a utv

If you bring a motorhome you could be pulling trailer with UTC

If you bring a toyhauler could have utv

If you bring a travel trailer could have 4x4 pickup

Now the question is you set up camp with everyone in outing group for pot luck dinners, singing around camp fire,  passing around MD20/20 or hot chocolate

When you go out detecting

A/ walk 3 miles to get to the spot you want

B/  take a utv 3 miles to spot

C/  take a chance with a 2 wheel drive pickup

D/  rich old prospectors all have 4x4 pickups 

E/  take new pickup and add cactus stripes and cry when you get home

F/  stay in camp drink more MD 20/20 tell everyone you were out without spitting on them

G/  other

This is all not knowing the area hill, ravines, soft sand

Do you need a 4x4

Thanks Roger

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Hey Gary....   Been busy with the family.  Still getting out there, but not as much as before.  Waiting on cooler weather.

Are you coming to the outing this fall?  :black_knight_standing:

Pretty sure I'm going to make it out there.  :head:

Yea, the last couple of months have been just too hot for me to get out, so I have been spending my time getting things done around my house (painting, repairing, upgrading, etc) so I won't have to stop and do them when the weather cools off (hopefully in a month-or-so).  

I was sort of thinking of going to the outing this year, as I have not made any of the prior ones in the past.  I just don't have a camper or RV to sleep in, so I may just come for one day.

That's some pretty nice looking gold in the photo,.....Is that some relatively new-found-gold your'e weighing up there, or some that you have accumulated for a while???  Looks like some of it is flat, smooth, and well traveled.  Gary

2 hours ago, RogerR said:

When you go to an outing or detecting for a long weekend, week or whatever , I know Bill brings a truck camper pulling a trailer with a utv

Now the question is you set up camp with everyone in outing group for pot luck dinners, singing around camp fire,  passing around MD20/20 or hot chocolate

F/  stay in camp drink more MD 20/20 tell everyone you were out without spitting on them

G/  other

Do you need a 4x4

Thanks Roger

Not all of us are rich, or old. :idunno::old:

I've been getting along pretty good with a stock '03 Tacoma 4x4.  It's small and narrow and will fit almost anywhere a side-by-side will go.  The A/C works good too. :4chsmu1:

You could probably get most places with your head screwed on straight in a 2 wheel drive truck.  Clearances, being the main issue.  You gotta know your truck though.

Anyone who takes a new truck out there, well....  :inocent:

There are some club claims within walking distance, RRPC I believe.  The GPAA claims require a drive, but you can get there in a high clearance vehicle.  Beyond that, 4x4 is recommended.

I highly recommend the Coleman ComfortSoft Cot.  It's $70 and fits an adult, without having to hang off the edges.  I can lay comfortably with my head on a pillow and my feet not hanging off the end.  I'm 6' 1", roughly 190lbs.

Show up, make some new friends.  Maybe someone will let you ride shotgun.  :cowboypistol:

1 hour ago, LowPoint said:

Yea, the last couple of months have been just too hot for me to get out, so I have been spending my time getting things done around my house (painting, repairing, upgrading, etc) so I won't have to stop and do them when the weather cools off (hopefully in a month-or-so).  

I was sort of thinking of going to the outing this year, as I have not made any of the prior ones in the past.  I just don't have a camper or RV to sleep in, so I may just come for one day.

That's some pretty nice looking gold in the photo,.....Is that some relatively new-found-gold your'e weighing up there, or some that you have accumulated for a while???  Looks like some of it is flat, smooth, and well traveled.  Gary

Well I hope to see you out there this time around.  If you need a comfortable place to sleep, consider the Coleman ComfortSoft Cot, I highly recommend it. :)

The gold pic is some dinks I've been accumulating the last few seasons.  Most of it was found up your way I believe.  :shhhhh:  Lots of them came out of schist bedrock cracks and crevices.

I posted the picture in an attempt to steer the topic back on course.

See you at the outing Gary !!  :thumbsupanim

3 hours ago, RogerR said:

G/  other

Do you need a 4x4

Thanks Roger

The place I go most often is about 5 miles up the wash and it is almost always 2WD.  A Once in a while, I've needed to put it in 4 WD when the tires spin, and a couple of times, it's been 4 WD Lo.  What usually gets me out of 2 WD is creek gravels that has been baked in the hot desert sun.  So, 2 WD could be good, but its nice to have an idea of how to get out if you are stuck. Especially cause some of the trails off Mine Road may not see traffic for a couple of days, and less the more remote areas.