Nugget Shooter Forums

2 hours ago, LukeJ said:

I posted the picture in an attempt to steer the topic back on course.

Well Alright Luke,.....I'm with ya,.....Let's steer it back on course;....These are from a season or two back as well........And maybe we can see if we can get together for a few new-patch hunts this season???? :inocent:  I am about to get cabin fever from not getting out due to the heat.  :desertsmile:   I do have a good roll up mattress that will fit in the back of my pickup (for the outing)  as long as I move my spare tire.  :brows: Gary

SAM_1597.JPG

• Like 4
  • wow 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All, We will be doing the fall outing in the weekend of November 15-17 at Little San Domingo. There will be some cool things going on and Minelab will also be there with some cool stuff to let you

My Friends this years outing is Dedicated to Jim Straight whom many here knew and most have heard of, Please think of Jim while we are having our outing, he would like that.... R.I.P. My Old Frie

I guess it's been a while since I've been on here, I dont recognize half the people haha.  We will be at the outting!

Posted Images

15 hours ago, LowPoint said:

......And maybe we can see if we can get together for a few new-patch hunts this season???? :inocent:  I am about to get cabin fever from not getting out due to the heat.

Sounds good.  We'll have to get out/in a bit further than before.    :head:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome going to try to make this one missed last year need some time off lol.

Aka hog leg lol some will get it 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My Friends this years outing is Dedicated to Jim Straight whom many here knew and most have heard of, Please think of Jim while we are having our outing, he would like that....

R.I.P. My Old Friend and Mentor...

• Like 11
  • well done 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

not going to make it this year, I had a bad reaction to a change in my meds.....almost killed me...still very weak.  All my thoughts and good wishes to all at the outing.

Enjoy.

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, azdigger said:

not going to make it this year, I had a bad reaction to a change in my meds.....almost killed me...still very weak.  All my thoughts and good wishes to all at the outing.

Enjoy.

Hey digger, I had the same thing happen only a little different a couple months ago.  Because of a loss of forty pounds due to Chemo and radiation it messed up my heart and blood pressure meds.  I was seeing things and dizzy with sickness.  After four days in the hospital they came up with what I had told them in the first place when I was admitted.  They took the meds away and I straightened right out.  Look as long as you have a new regimen and you can drive ok, then come in for the dinner Saturday night and see your friends.  You don't have to camp it to enjoy what you can.  :yesss:

Old Tom 

• Like 2

I’m new to the game. Been detecting since January.  Looking forward to making new friends and learning and sharing what I can. See you all in a few weeks. 

-Bill McCoy

• Like 1

Steve do you know of anyone whom has a business that has nugget shooting outings? I and some other club members are seeking adventures in nugget shooting during the Thanksgiving holiday!

Thanks

mstreasureseeker aka Toni Griffith

• Like 1

Hello, new member to the forum, new to GPAA and new to gold detecting, so noob all the way around.  Looking forward to joining the fun and meeting some new people and try to learn a thing or two.  Picked up a GM1000 and have been out a few times.  The thing works great at finding lead and tin, now just need to find some gold! :)

• Like 1

I will attempt to drive out Saturday AM.   If there are any regulars who need a ride from the Scottsdale area to the outing site , maybe you can message me here and I can pick you up.

I have room for one or two people in my vehicle.

I am from Canada and am pretty much a metal detecting rookie, but I'm interested to check out nugget hunting while we are here on holidays.

I was intending on coming out last year, but it didn't pan out - so this year I might actually show up around 9 or 10 AM on Saturday!

If you see a grey Volvo XC90 wave at me or something :)

Bud

Edited by BuddyK

Holly, Lily and I went out to a pretty far (for us as a family) place on Sunday morning. I found wire... Holly found a nice little rivet that im assuming is pretty old. I wasn't excited until I started researching it. I still cant find much info for the year. Here is a few photos. Also...Lily was very much enjoying the light up bracelets that were handed out.

20191118_175300.jpg

20191118_175316.jpg

20191118_175342.jpg

20191116_174829.jpg

Edited by Knifemaker84
  • Like 6
14 hours ago, Knifemaker84 said:

I figured that part out a few minutes ago ... im still working on a date. Hard to find info on particulars. 

If you send a photo to Levi  Strauss I'm pretty sure they can help. I think they have a full time historian who should be able to give a range of time. 

Edited by Morlock
13 hours ago, Knifemaker84 said:

I figured that part out a few minutes ago ... im still working on a date. Hard to find info on particulars. 

Is it a rivet or a jacket button? Rivets were really flat and the buttons were taller. They made all sorts of styles of buttons and you can find some nfo at Heddels.

I have been told that Levis records have been destroyed and dating the hardware is difficult at best. Dating the whole garment is a science too. There are many collectors that can give you some good info, but a date is probably going to be a guess.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Is it a rivet or a jacket button? Rivets were really flat and the buttons were taller. They made all sorts of styles of buttons and you can find some nfo at Heddels.

I have been told that Levis records have been destroyed and dating the hardware is difficult at best. Dating the whole garment is a science too. There are many collectors that can give you some good info, but a date is probably going to be a guess.

Im pretty certain on a rivet. The sizing is correct. Here are a couple of photos comparing my current levis that im wearing today.

20191119_094226.jpg

20191119_094231.jpg