Nugget Shooter Forums
Reno Chris

Hey Bill Southern and the rest of you gents roasting in the AZ heat

Hey Bill Southern and the rest of you gents roasting in the AZ heat - I have a question for you:

Is it normal for you folks to have snow drifts among the trees in your prospecting areas in mid-July? Well, when they have a big snow year in the Sierra, its not that strange. This was just a little tiny drift, but there were ones a lot larger, including one blocking one of the roads I wanted to go down. This little guy was just the only one I photographed. Wait a minute - I forgot, you guys dont have trees, let alone snow among the trees. :D

Sorry you didn't make it up this way Bill, we could have had a snowball fight in July. 

While I was up there, I didn't just make summertime snowmen. I filmed a few videos for my youtube channel and detected 10 nuggets for a total of 2.5 grams of the good stuff. I was using the SDC 2300, and working around some old spots and doing a bit of digging. Because I am digging into an old patch location, I am also dry washing the dirt I dig, and I have about 2 grams of additional fine gold in the DW concentrates as well. The high temps for the couple days I was over there were around 80 - very comfortable.

Snow_drift.jpg

10_detected_nuggets.JPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 4

1 hour ago, Reno Chris said:

The high temps for the couple days I was over there were around 80 - very comfortable.

I think this user should be kicked off the forum   :4chsmu1::Just_Cuz_06:  Nice color Chris !  :yesss:

• Haha 9

we still have snow up in the trees here in wyoming

Same here in Northern Nevada, still snow looking out my backdoor.

Awesome nuggies Chris!!

We had snow showers in late June years ago near Mill City, Nevada. Being from the midwest, that was one of the strangest things I ever saw.

• Like 1

Nice gold Chris! Im glad you said what that white stuff was.....im not familiar with it :) 

Actually, this summer has been mild. I cant remember one this cool in my 53 yrs here. 

Tom H.

Nice SDC work Chris!!  I’m starting to see more fires pop so we could just be having a delayed summer.  Often Northern and So. Cal take turns for extreme fires.  Only time will tell.  I’d like to score some wildfire nuggets. 

Brownie 

Way to go Chris! Nice looking gold!

Looks like familiar country. Let's get together for a hunt if you're up there the rest if the summer? I haven't been out in a long, long time. Actually, have only been up that way once this year! I'd love to see you and catch up on things.

• Like 1

I'm working up around 5000 feet and not seeing any snow now, you must be way up there!  Great looking nuggets sir, congrats.

You are killing me Chris, I can not take a summer vacation due to my Assistant Manager at work having a recent stroke... Perhaps next year.

17 hours ago, matt said:

Way to go Chris! Nice looking gold!

Looks like familiar country. Let's get together for a hunt if you're up there the rest if the summer? I haven't been out in a long, long time. Actually, have only been up that way once this year! I'd love to see you and catch up on things.

Matt -send me an email, as I cant send you a message through this board.  Let's figure out a time.

6 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

You are killing me Chris, I can not take a summer vacation due to my Assistant Manager at work having a recent stroke... Perhaps next year.

Sorry Bill. Maybe early September? or if not, then next year.

• Like 2

Very nice Chris! Thanks for sharing.:thumbsupanim