Nugget Shooter Forums

Detected after work last night.. It rained right before dark and cooled things off some but kicked the humidity way up.. I was pouring sweat like the monsoons and basically put sweat lines on my new hat. It was amazing all the wildlife and critters I was seeing.. I saw 2 different deer, some strange night bird that looked like a small owl and a sparrow made a new species. Lots of crickets covering the ground.. At least 10 black widows and more other random spiders. I detected for 4 hours total and found 5 pieces during the night. Slept extremely well and bailed before the heat set in.

20190713_134739.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 1

Five pieces over night is pretty good.  :thumbsupanim

Well done, Sir.  :)

Luke

• Like 1

Well done bud. Tough for going out in this weather......not me :4chsmu1:

Tom H.

That must have been tough going......Nice work !   :black_knight_standing: :brows:

"WHAT" ?!?!,...No Scorpions??????????????  I haven't hunted over night, but it is a very rare occasion during my day light hunts that I don't overturn a rock (or cow pie) and find at least one scorpion laying in-wait to poke me if I don't see his movement first.  Ever since I got scorpion-poked when I was about eight (which definitely:confused0089[1]: shook me up) while out arrowhead hunting my minds-eye looks for them, and by now I know their haunts very well.  

And, if the ground is bustling with bug activity, it stands to reason that there where so many black widows, and various spiders out;..................the moisture brought on the dinner bell for them.  Nice looking picker-nuggets;,....one looks like a bead with a hole in the middle???.  Gary

Posted (edited)

Nice BD!!  I was out there too at night.  It was beautiful, but the spiders were extra busy it seemed, last night.  Then the random rain drops would hit my head and would jump thinking spiders were crawling on me.  Drove me nuts.

Edited by Andyy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Andyy said:

Nice BD!!  I was out there too at night.  It was beautiful, but the spiders were extra busy it seemed, last night.  Then the random rain drops would hit my head and would jump thinking spiders were crawling on me.  Drove me nuts.

You must be hard core... I was literally pouring sweat as there was little to no breeze.

• Like 1

yep, lots of sweat and no breeze.   But from the work I've seen you do, you'd be pouring in sweat even if It were 70 outside.  LOL.   Good to know there are some other night hawks out there.

Nice gold, congrats sir.

Way to go bd, thats some dedication!

:desertsmile::th:

On 7/13/2019 at 1:59 PM, boulder dash said:

It was amazing all the wildlife and critters I was seeing.. I saw 2 different deer, some strange night bird that looked like a small owl and a sparrow made a new species. Lots of crickets covering the ground.. At least 10 black widows and more other random spiders. 

Is it just me or have there been a lot of grey foxes out lately??  I've  seen them on almost every night hunt.  Before this I hadn't seen one in 20 yrs.

22 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Is it just me or have there been a lot of grey foxes out lately??  I've  seen them on almost every night hunt.  Before this I hadn't seen one in 20 yrs.

The other night I went out for a night on the town and I also saw a LOT of grey foxes running around....but here we call them Cougars!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

:olddude::olddude:   (I guess I set myself up for that one)  Ha..Ha...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice ones dude