Nugget Shooter Forums
Electrician

Do you "carry" while out prospecting?

EverytIme I leave the house . . . for what ever I'm doing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Morlock said:

I remember the caretaker of the Gold Button mine (also in the Bradshaw's) was found dead in a car trunk. Turns out some meth heads were trying to take over the caretakers job so they killed him.

Didn't hear about that one. Too bad he didn't live and work down on the border where it's safe and there's no crime.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BMc said:

Didn't hear about that one. Too bad he didn't live and work down on the border where it's safe and there's no crime.

Yeah, he might have been overwhelmed by a horde of Honduran women looking for asylum. :25r30wi:

It is humorous how boys afraid of the dark will tell ghost stories around the campfire. When they grow up they start telling spooky stories of dangers lurking behind the bushes in the desert. For some it is as far as their story telling and imagination will ever develop. It is as far as their taste for a real fight will ever evolve as well.

They arm themselves and go bravely out into the emptiness where crime is virtually unheard of. But they dare not strap on that weapon and venture into the places where the people they are so afraid of actually inhabit.

You won't find one camouflage cosplayer with his weapon where there is any chance of having to use it. We have entire urban areas infested with criminals that are exactly what we pretend are swarming across the border. Yet there are no patriots with sidearms to defend those places at all. They are out in the empty desert where there is no chance of having to confront anyone except a sick woman with a child or a skinny teenage boy that has been walking for a month.

You won't find a single wannabe operator anywhere near where the action is happening. They don't strap on those guns because they are dealing with danger. They strap on those guns because they feel vulnerable without them. This is a product of all the ghost stories around the campfire. It is not about facing danger because the area along the border is and always has been one of the safest and quietest places in the entire country.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
All these guns and no one to point them at except each other.
  • Like 3
  • well done 1

11 hours ago, adam said:

Did they get the job?  I am also curious when abouts this incident took place?

You were probably in grade school.😉