Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello everyone,

I happened upon this forum while researching some rock hounding locations and types of agates. I am blown away by the amount of knowledge that is shared here and wanted to join. I lived for 18 years in the Mojave desert and now live in the L.A. basin and absolutely love everything about rocks and minerals. I'm most passionate about agates and chalcedony and have been hunting and collecting for the past 8 years. I grew up in Oklahoma and on a recent trip there realized what a fossil rich area it is and want to learn more about them. I grew up spending Sunday afternoons with my father metal detecting in all kinds of neat-O places and have an appreciation for it also. Thank-you for the welcome and the knowledge that all of you are sharing!

first moved to the southern mojave in july 1974. smoke tree area California 92266, 324 square miles, only one left out there. 

welcome, bob

• Like 1

Welcome my friend!

Im looking forward to seeing some of your agates. I am a novice rock hound and I like to tumble stones. I love agates and jaspers as well as just about anything that rolls around in that tumbler for a few weeks. 

This is a really cool forum with lots of different personalities. There are guys here that have been posting for over a decade. Lots of guys that started recently and lots of guys just here to ask a single question about a particular rock. It is a ton of fun and you really learn a bunch from some of these cranky old blisters.

Bob 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

first moved to the southern mojave in july 1974. smoke tree area California 92266, 324 square miles, only one left out there. 

welcome, bob

Thank-you Bob,

I'm not familiar with smoke tree area, but I am going to research it. Something I do miss about living in the desert is the solitude and tranquility.

15 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Welcome my friend!

Im looking forward to seeing some of your agates. I am a novice rock hound and I like to tumble stones. I love agates and jaspers as well as just about anything that rolls around in that tumbler for a few weeks. 

This is a really cool forum with lots of different personalities. There are guys here that have been posting for over a decade. Lots of guys that started recently and lots of guys just here to ask a single question about a particular rock. It is a ton of fun and you really learn a bunch from some of these cranky old blisters.

Bob 

Thank-you Bob,

I know what you mean about "just about anything", I have access to a trim saw and grinding station, but seem to leave most of my rocks "au naturale" just because I feel like I would be taking away from their beauty. Once I've read a bit I would love to share my finds with the group. Cool name by the way!