Nugget Shooter Forums

7 hours ago, sean85 said:

wouldnt slag be magnetic?

Not if it was used to flux non ferrous materials or came out of a ceramic kiln or brick kiln.

It is probably more properly termed "refractory waste" than "slag", but what you have there is a by product of a furnace. It is silica (glass) that has been used to cover a molten material or to provide a vitrified finish.

The finish on fired masonry or tile units are often a glass frit finish. That is exactly what the waste looks like. My guess is it is from a ceramic tile or brick making operation.

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Not if it was used to flux non ferrous materials or came out of a ceramic kiln or brick kiln.

It is probably more properly termed "refractory waste" than "slag", but what you have there is a by product of a furnace. It is silica (glass) that has been used to cover a molten material or to provide a vitrified finish.

The finish on fired masonry or tile units are often a glass frit finish. That is exactly what the waste looks like. My guess is it is from a ceramic tile or brick making operation.

That is very interesting and I see, I thought it was fur sure something because it was found in the wah-wah mountains in Utah. So I didn't think much of anything other than Natures offerings were around there.