Nugget Shooter Forums
clay

Mining Claim Fees Going UP Again!

The BLM just raised mining claim location fees to $40.
They also raised the annual maintenance fees to $165. That $165 applies to every 20 acres on a placer claim.

These new fees take effect on September 1, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. If you have already paid your maintenance fees for the upcoming mining year you will still need to pony up the extra $10 per claim/20 acres.

The BLM is saying they will send you a notice if you owe more than you have already paid. If they don't you still need to pay so I wouldn't be waiting around for that letter in the mail, just be prepared to pay up before September 1.

This will give you an idea of how much the annual base maintenance fees per claim/size will be now.

0-20 acre placer millsite, tunnel site or lode claim = $165
20-40 acre placer claim = $330
40-60 acre placer claim = $495
60-80 acre placer claim = $660
80-100 acre placer claim = $825
100-120 acre placer claim = $990
120-140 acre placer claim = $1155
140-160 acre placer claim = $1320

If you have 10 or fewer claims you may be eligible for the small miner's waiver. The fees are the same for the annual small miner filing $15 per claim no matter what size it is as long as you complete $100 worth of work on each claim.

You can read the notice announcing these new fees in today's Federal Register.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

wet/dry washer...bob please stop high-jacking other's topics, I will be moving your replies in this topic and all other replies to your replies into it's own topic just for you to post your native on native soil info, in case there are others who can benefit from that info or care to reply to your philosophy, please in the future post all of your info on this subject matter in that topic, if you post another off-topic reply in any other topic it will be either moved or removed depending on how much time I have at that moment!

Link to your new topic in this forum section.

• well done 3

If you read part one of the link I provided above to Saturday's Federal Register notice you will see exactly why the BLM increased the fees.

This rule implements 30 U.S.C. 28j(c), which requires adjustments to the location and maintenance fees “to reflect changes in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the Department of Labor every 5 years after August 10, 1993, or more frequently if the Secretary determines an adjustment to be reasonable.” Section 28j(c) also requires that mining claimants be provided “notice of any adjustment made under this subsection not later than July 1 of any year in which the adjustment is made,” and that any fee adjustment “shall begin to apply the first assessment year which begins after adjustment is made.”

Sorry Clay, didn't go that far.

I'd rather pay the lesser of two evils, than the retarded money the STATE nazi's want to prospect. ;)

1 hour ago, Electrician said:

I'd rather pay the lesser of two evils, than the retarded money the STATE nazi's want to prospect. ;)

Huh? What? Eh?

The evil State Nazis want retarded money to prospect?

What's up with that? What State Nazis are we talking about here? How much retarded money do they want?

It's okay Bob, you know which state nazi's I'm referencing. I refuse to play the game you and Clay are hosting.

I'm beginning to wonder if you and Clay are state funded employees???

1 hour ago, Electrician said:

It's okay Bob, you know which state nazi's I'm referencing. I refuse to play the game you and Clay are hosting.

I'm beginning to wonder if you and Clay are state funded employees???

I have no idea what State you are in. Or what you are talking about. That's why I asked.

You have a very active imagination! I am not playing a game at all. I didn't know you needed anything from any State to prospect on BLM land. Nor did I know that evil State Nazis were accepting retarded money to allow you to prospect somewhere. It is all news to me.

I was just asking you to clarify your post. If you don't want to discuss it then why did you bring it up? :idunno:

It does not have anything to do with the change in BLM filing fees so I suppose the discussion is off topic anyway.

Carry on!

:hide:

This post is utterly ironic and insanely humorous, considering it was posted on the eve of Independence Day ... bwahahahaha

• Hmmmmmm 1

47 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I have no idea what State you are in. Or what you are talking about. That's why I asked.

You have a very active imagination! I am not playing a game at all. I didn't know you needed anything from any State to prospect on BLM land. Nor did I know that evil State Nazis were accepting retarded money to allow you to prospect somewhere. It is all news to me.

I was just asking you to clarify your post. If you don't want to discuss it then why did you bring it up? :idunno:

It does not have anything to do with the change in BLM filing fees so I suppose the discussion is off topic anyway.

Carry on!

:hide:

Arizona State Land Trust ... 

Posted (edited)

I think you are mistaken about what that State permit is all about. 

Someone will help you figure it out though!

Have a wonderful day! :)

Edited by Bedrock Bob
NEWS FLASH - BLM Claim fees are going up! Clay has the scoop!