Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Morlock

Fenn's Treasure

Sad.

It is sad in a way. Remember the old adage ."even a blind squirrel can find a nut"? My guess is someone that wasn't even looking for the treasure will stumble onto it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Morlock said:

It is sad in a way. Remember the old adage ."even a blind squirrel can find a nut"? My guess is someone that wasn't even looking for the treasure will stumble onto it. 

I'm changing that to has stumbled upon it and kept quiet.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chrisski said:

I'm changing that to has stumbled upon it and kept quiet.

Fenn would have stated if it were found to stop everyone else from wasting their time and money.

2 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Fenn would have stated if it were found to stop everyone else from wasting their time and money.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone found it and is keeping quiet about it.  I know Fenn offered to buy something of sentimental value back, but I think there's a good possibility someone found this treasure and is selling it a piece at a time, keeping quiet, to avoid being "lottery famous," and perhaps even to avoid paying taxes.  If not Fenn's treasure being found in that way, I would think many others would be cashed in on the down low.  I just don't think Fenn was in a position to place the treasure to terribly far off the beaten path and would have been found.

Personally, I have decided that the treasure is in Idaho.  I may even use it as an excuse to get up to Idaho someday.  Probably won't do a lot of treasure hunting, maybe fishing though.

I would think if found, the price would be more if associated with the treasure. I fell into this hook line and sinker. Best time of my life heading out on a treasure hunt. Had a blast, met new people and places.  Also found what I believe to be a place that matched all the clues but no gold.