Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Electrician

What club to join?

The girl and I had a GPAA membership from 10+ years ago that we never used once, except the day we purchased it at one of those gold shows. I bought it for her after she caught the gold "sniffles" (cause it definitely wasn't the bug) while being taught to pan by Woody Wampler at the show. I wound up buying her a membership, pinpointer and detector, which is all still sitting in the closet.

Now, I want to go out nugget hunting/prospecting/exploring and want to know which club to join, other than the GPAA. 

The only thing 'wrong' with the GPAA, is if you 'let it sit in the closet'.

Honestly, it's the best bang for the buck.  But you have to put in the effort.

Luke

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Electrician said:

The girl and I had a GPAA membership from 10+ years ago that we never used once, except the day we purchased it at one of those gold shows. I bought it for her after she caught the gold "sniffles" (cause it definitely wasn't the bug) while being taught to pan by Woody Wampler at the show. I wound up buying her a membership, pinpointer and detector, which is all still sitting in the closet.

Now, I want to go out nugget hunting/prospecting/exploring and want to know which club to join, other than the GPAA. 

The Roadrunner Prospector's club had several good claims years ago. I would imagine that they still do.

https://www.roadrunnergold.com/

https://www.roadrunnergold.com/membership-information/

Edited by snakejim
  • Like 1

It depends on where your area of prospecting will be as well. Some clubs are region specific which can be good, and pricing is usually more affordable.

I would recommend the Sierra Club or the Wild Earth Guardians. They have a lot better claims than the GPAA and you get a sweet backpack with a $50 membership.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No Bob, the Billy Club! Hill Billy that is, because thats where the gold is in the hills! Grubstake