Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NvAuMiner

Turkey hunt success

It's great to have life long friends!!!  My parents were friends with his parent before we were even born. That's a long time to be buddies.  I remember the time we even went to hunter safety course together as kids, along with many hunting and fishing trips with our families.  Now that we're older.... it's great when the stars and moon align to where we can hook up.  They aligned and I was able to head to his cabin in Oregon and join him on his turkey hunt.  He was able to fill his turkey tags, getting his last one a couple ours after I left to head home.  Here are a couple that he connected with.

We did do some swinging of the coils while there and he was able to find an old knozzle from when they washed the banks down on the year round creek behind his cabin back in the day.  I did have fun behind the lens of the camera, but next year I think I'll spring for a liscense and tag of my own.

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2614.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2619.JPG

• Like 4
  • well done 1

At my house, they come in the front yard, about 20 a day come here, lots of hens and 4-5 Toms. Grubstake

• Like 2

10 hours ago, grubstake said:

At my house, they come in the front yard, about 20 a day come here, lots of hens and 4-5 Toms. Grubstake

Yeah... they're everywhere there too.  We went for a drive early morning and evening and they are out in fields.    He was able to change their direction and called some close enough for a shot.  

They are aq pain in the ass here. They crap all over everything, and the Hens lay there eggs out in the tall grass, and last year, one had about 12 baby chicks following her around. Grubstake

Dang Doug, i didnt see this post. I love calling in a big ol tom. Looks like a fun trip.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, nugget108 said:

Dang Doug, i didnt see this post. I love calling in a big ol tom. Looks like a fun trip.

It was exciting for sure.  The Jakes came in really close... but some of the big tom's had a mind of their own and wouldn't come in.

• Like 1