Nugget Shooter Forums
Goldseeker4000

The Nugget Shooter's Field Guide

The Nugget Shooter's Field Guide is  closer to being ready for pre-orders. The cover is just about done, just a couple minor ajustments, but here is what it will look like. The website is being worked on now and should be up and live in a couple weeks. The book will be $24.95 and it will be a high quality book with 170 color photos with captions and many photos with graphics added over the photos to denote key points to pay attention to. It will be 6x9 and it will start with pre orders with the print day starting when we reach 280 pre-orders payed for. The 280 pre-orders will get a signed copy. Pre-orders on books before the print date is a very common practice with  new books.There will be information on web page to input mailing info so I can get signed copies to the first 280 buyers. Once the book goes to print it will take 4-7 days to print then up to 4-5 weeks getting through customs as is normal. The book will be printed in South Korea at a world class printing Company. If you have any questions please let me know.

Screenshot_20190515-200236.png

• Like 1

Looks good. I request you do a capture on your laptop or desktop and post a version that is large enough for the forum members to read the sales print on the back. I tried blowing it up and everything just gets blurry.

• Like 2

"What bmc said is correct. It is a means of pre-order"

????  Hey Reese, What happened to the previously offered $15.00 pre-order price ???

What are you talking about $15.00 pre-order? Keep in mind this book is high quality with rounded corners to keep corners from fraying, premium inks on premium paper so you have  better photos to see with better detail. There will be 170 color photos in the book. Please explain exactly what you are refering to $15 pre-orders.

Can you find where I talked about that? I was floating around some ideas that could be if I went a route of go fund me. But this is NOT a go fund me. I chose to go the route of Pre-order, which is common practice in the book industry.

• Hmmmmmm 1

35 minutes ago, Goldseeker4000 said:

What are you talking about $15.00 pre-order? Keep in mind this book is high quality with rounded corners to keep corners from fraying, premium inks on premium paper so you have  better photos to see with better detail. There will be 170 color photos in the book. Please explain exactly what you are refering to $15 pre-orders.

I wasn't trying to talk down your book Reese. "What bmc said is correct. It is a means of pre-order" That's a quote taken from your April 3rd post on this forum. It seemed to be pretty clear and unambiguous. I don't recall seeing any reference to that being a "go fund me" offer. The discussion was rather in-depth and straightforward so I don't see how it could have been a misunderstanding by anyone reading the post. If you will go back and read your posts it might help to refresh your memory. An easy way to pull up your posts is to use the search box at the top right of the Forum home page, just enter your last name and click on the magnifying glass . . .

Bmc thanks for clarifying that. I reread it and it was refering to the go fund me idea. That was never set in stone I chose not to go that route becausesome on here didnt like it and I didnt either. I decided to just stick with what the retail price was going to be. A book at retail price. Plus those first 280 buyers get a hand signed book.

OK Reese. Thanks for the response and update.

4 hours ago, Goldseeker4000 said:

Can't  read any of that

4 hours ago, BMc said:

"What bmc said is correct. It is a means of pre-order"

????  Hey Reese, What happened to the previously offered $15.00 pre-order price ???

I deleted the post that was hard to read, also because of the vertical text on the left side it was a very long post, I got tried of scrolling down to find the end of it, I was going to edit it but once I saw BMc reposted the question I just removed it.

• Like 1

My last name on the spine is missing the e. It has already been corrected.

Au seeker thatphrase of mine was refering to the idea I was thinking about in regards to possibly paying for the printing by go fund me. Bmc said what reese is saying is if you donate something you get a book . He said $15  and I said correct those who donate will recieve a book. I never said $15. I was refering to the concept that those who donate will recieve a book. The minimun amount would have been the same as retail price. So I decided not to go that route and instead I am sticking with the common publisher practice of traditional pre-order. The book  was guestimated to be between $21-$25  which was based on an unfinished book. At that point I still didnt know how many color photos and pages we were going to end up with. The amount of pages and photos increased which brought the total retail price to $24.95. Does this make sense now.

I like that cover. It looks good and I wish you the best of luck with your book project.

• Like 1

Here is a promotional image and logo my graphic artist came up with for the book and the website.

20190518_155023.jpg

20190518_154844.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats my brother! Very proud of you. Brings memories of detecting at Gibson Park-Did you put pic of your Isle of Man piece you found! Best of luck. I will probably be getting 3 copies!!! Love your Sis!:thumbsupanim

• Like 1