Nugget Shooter Forums
smackawackalacka

Rose creek closed - Prescott Valley, AZ

Hello,  

Just spreading the word that Rose Creek has been shut down. Rumor has it that the Fain family was facing fines due to people camping, trash and excessive digging. 

9F9825FE-C6A6-47C6-AEF7-7C836510EE7C.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Seen that coming..... Bummer.

• Like 2

YUP! Was down there last fall shortly after the monsoons were done ... maybe late September. Deep dig holes and trash all over the place. I knew that eventually if it wasn't cleaned up ... and who would do that? ... it would be make off limit to all the panners and sluicers that spent time there. Going to happen to Lynx too if people don't start cleaning up after themselves. Carry it in you can carry it out and a little more if you find it. Not a difficult concept but people are too lazy in many cases ... they think "oh well someone else will be along to clean it up" or "the rains will wash it away!" And if the rain washes it away where do you think it all goes? It doesn't automatically and magically make it into a dumpster! I know I am stating the obvious but if we as users continue down this path more will be taken away and pretty soon we will have no place to go legally! 'We' are truly our own worst enemy when it comes to preserving our right or in some cases like Rose Creek our privilege to use the land.

• Thanks 1

I had been there when it was literally lined with people panning, like a modern day gold rush...I could see it was popular and i strayed away. I can also see a trend going in the area thats has been for many years that i knew would put an end to prospecting in general.  Its not just at Rose creek... it's all around and growing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Things are the way they used to be. Sad. 

When I used to dredge the San Gabriel river also known as the diaper river there was broken glass down 6 feet on the bedrock. People would swarm up there to swim in the summer from the San Gabriel valley and leave their trash behind. Those people have no respect for the land unfortunately  the only way to stop it is to close it. Sure screws the people that have respect the land and take their trash out.

Bob

• Like 1

Last time I was at the site pictured above, there were what appeared to be homeless people around, but they were panning for gold so I was happy for them.  

The land is private ( Fain ) surrounding that portion of creek by the bridge, so..... Maybe Dozer Dave is going in there to Mine it out  :D