Nugget Shooter Forums

Happy Cinco de Mayo Bob!

Enjoy some Santana shredding along with a frosty one:2drink:

936384_657248200971303_75603435_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh WOW talking about a Cinco De Mayo trip, I just clicked play on all 5 videos at the same time and MAN what May 5th party that was, mind blowing I tell ya!!! :head: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

Happy Cinco de Mayo Bob!

Enjoy some Santana shredding along with a frosty one:2drink:

936384_657248200971303_75603435_n.jpg

That is as American as it gets! Thanks

Cinco De Mayo is a uniquely American holiday. As American as a ground beef taco and it does not get much more American than that. :thumbsupanim

• Like 2

How bout Cinco Deporto ? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, frank c said:

How bout Cinco Deporto ? 

Soccer, boxing, baseball, bicycling and golf. 

Another contest winner! What prize did I win this time?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mexicans have some great  music....if I understood it I rather listen to it than the crap our industry produces lately.

Edited by Relichunter2016
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2019 at 7:50 AM, Relichunter2016 said:

Mexicans have some great  music....if I understood it I rather listen to it than the crap our industry produces lately.

Do you mean Spanish Music?

None of these guys are Mexicans. All of this music is a product of "our industry". This is American music.

It is as American as a ground beef taco. Just like Cinco De Mayo. None of it has anything to do with Mexicans or Mexico.

4 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Do you mean Spanish Music?

None of these guys are Mexicans. All of this music is a product of "our industry". This is American music.

It is as American as a ground beef taco. Just like Cinco De Mayo. None of it has anything to do with Mexicans or Mexico.

Hey Bob, what I meant to say is music produced in Mexico in the Spanish language. The videos you posted it's obvious American as in North American created by its music industry. Hope it's clear now...

I think Carlos would argue the point.

2 hours ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Hey Bob, what I meant to say is music produced in Mexico in the Spanish language. The videos you posted it's obvious American as in North American created by its music industry. Hope it's clear now...

I don't know much about Mexican music so I suppose I don't have the perspective to compare it to American music. Most of what I hear on Mexican radio is traditional polka music and romantic ballads and I am not big on either. I do like the afro-pop reggae stuff that is catching on down there though. Whether it is Mexico or the U.S. what plays on the radio is not what people are listening to for musical satisfaction IMHO.

I cant understand the words to most music so the language they are speaking does not really make any difference to me. I think today's music is awesome once you venture outside of the commercial country and rock radio playlists.

Now that our exposure to music is unlimited I don't have any gripes about not being able to listen to things that I like. I'm not sure what type of American music you find objectionable nor what type of Mexican music you find enjoyable. From my perspective there is a whole lot of talent as well as tradition on both sides of the border whether it appeals to me personally or not. 

• Like 1

I like traditional modern American folk music. 

• Haha 1

Here is some American folk music done in the traditional country style. Awesome!

Carlos Devadip has been trending latin jazz for ever.
Willie Bobo and others lead the way in that era (50's 60's) Devadip followed trend and combined with rock style.

https://youtu.be/oJ7ZHTLf4Og