Nugget Shooter Forums
BMc

45 Rattlesnakes Discovered Under Texas Home!!

Don't know if anybody caught this video from Mar 17, when a homeowner crawled under his house to check on a problem he was having with his cable TV reception. Apparently, he saw a couple or three rattlers moving around and decided to back out and call a snake wrangler who pulled out 45 snakes from under the house. Here's a link for anyone who wants to see the video of the piles of rattlesnakes in trash cans etc.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwip0rL315PhAhUMTawKHR13BwgQwqsBMAJ6BAgJEAo&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2Fvideo%2Fa-terrifying-45-rattlesnakes-found-under-house%2F&usg=AOvVaw2KiZWpt3hu4Je152eAf1SK

• Like 1
  • wow 2

I read a news article about this but it didn't have any photos or a video, that's really scary, I lived in a mobile home a long time ago and a stray dog had made her home under the trailer and she a had a litter of pups, I heard them under at the back of the trailer so I crawled under there to get them out and put them into an old dog house I had, the trailer was only about 20" to 24" off the ground so it was a bit tight crawling over pipes, etc. and very dark so a flashlight was needed to see under there, the only way under there was from the front, I crawl 24 feet to the back of the trailer on my belly, got all the pups in a cardboard box and started dragging them back out I had moved about 1/4 of the way towards the front and I looked up at the bottom of the trailer and saw a few spider webs, the more I looked the more I saw and then I noticed the spiders in the webs, BLACK WINDOWS EVERYWHERE :yikes:, as I proceeded to make my way out I counted no less then 200 BW from young ones that haven't turned black yet to many full grown ladies just waiting for me to raise my head enough to get a bite :th_panic:, I'm not sure how I had crawled all the way to the back without getting few of them in my hair, I was sooo glad when I got out, after I did get out I looked back under with the flashlight and then noticed that there were few BW  crawling on the ground as well, I guess my karma from going in to help the Mom and her pups was the only thing that saved me from getting bit many times over, snakes I can deal with, but SPIDERS makes my skin crawl, mainly because being so small they are harder to spot before you get too close or make contact with them!!!!  

• Like 2
  • wow 3

Black Widows are known to suddenly drop/rappel down, attached to a silk thread onto it's target, which I witnessed once in my garage. Not comforting. I had a buddy in high school that got bit by a BW on his lower lip. His lip split length wise, was full of yellow pus, and looked like he had been hit with a hatchet. He had been out all night partying and had come home just before sunup, and since it was warm weather, he decided he would sleep on his front lawn instead of waking his parents. He felt the spider just before it bit him. Nasty stuff. They say a Brown Recluse bite is even worse.

1 hour ago, BMc said:

Black Widows are known to suddenly drop/rappel down, attached to a silk thread onto it's target, which I witnessed once in my garage. Not comforting. I had a buddy in high school that got bit by a BW on his lower lip. His lip split length wise, was full of yellow pus, and looked like he had been hit with a hatchet. He had been out all night partying and had come home just before sunup, and since it was warm weather, he decided he would sleep on his front lawn instead of waking his parents. He felt the spider just before it bit him. Nasty stuff. They say a Brown Recluse bite is even worse.

Mac from experience I know if you touch any part of a Black Widow's web she will come after you like a guided missile, especially if she has a egg sack in the web, luckily I have never been bit by one but have come close several times, I did have to go and clean my shorts after getting out from under the trailer!!

Yes Brown Recluses are a nasty spider, had a friend that was hired by a home owner to clean up an old pile of lumber, a day or so after he did that job he had many, many tiny sore red spots on his legs and a couple on his hands and arms, they got bigger and more painful in the next day or so, he when to the doctor and they were Brown Recluse bites, he said he never saw any spiders during the work so it was assumed that all the bites came from babies Brown Recluses that must of just hatched out of an egg sack somewhere in the lumber pile, he had over 50 or more bites on each leg and most all of them rotted out to about 1" to 1 1/2" and bigger where there were bites close together, it got so bad they had to put him in the hospital and thought they would have to amputate one of his legs but eventually the antibiotics and whatever else they were giving him stopped the flesh killing process and he survived this was 25 to 30 years ago and now he has sunken areas on his legs where each and every bite was, he says it wasn't worth the $50 in beer money he got for doing the job, no kidding huh!!!  :aw-shucks:  

EDIT: Did I mention I HATE SPIDERS, especially when they take a bite out of your beer money!!! :2mo5pow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • wow 1

There have been several occasions where i have screamed like a 5 year old girl over spiders. Dang things.

• Like 1

was bitten in the thigh by a brown recluse trout fishing, must have been in me waders that where hanging in the woodshed at wife's aunt place back in 83. aunt cut me pant leg and taped piece of bacon fat over it. next day pain and swelling gone. scar still there.

since then have used bacon fat on two different sporpian bites with success.

Spiders and snakes do not freak me out at all ... BUT ... Earwigs do!!! :th_panic:

2 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

Spiders and snakes do not freak me out at all ... BUT ... Earwigs do!!! :th_panic:

I remember the Rod Serling Night Gallery earwig episode. I could not find it but this one kept popping up. 

Boy, don't they stink when you smoosh them?  Gotta pick them up with a tissue or rag, or you'll be eating that smell for dinner.  :barnie:

Old Tom

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Bob ... Leave it to you to find something on those disgusting little vermin creatures! :poostorm::rolleyes::25r30wi:

• Haha 2