Nugget Shooter Forums

Prayers out to Tom from the family and I, glad to hear he is feeling better. Tough old guy you are Tom! 

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone. Dad is a lot better and coming home today. He still has a clot in his leg and the doc. said they are just going to let the body assimulate it. It is small.

Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes.

Tom H.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 1

Prayers sent

• Thanks 1

Wow!  I see the prayers worked without mine as I didn't know anything.

I'll send along a few prayers now that he stays in touch with the doctors and feels better than he has in months!  The rest of us need to learn from this also.  Don't ignore symptoms.

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tom, please tell Tom that Dodacious and I are praying for his continued speedy and thorough recovery!  .... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to thank each and every one of you guys for you prayers and good vibes.  They were indeed felt at the time of need.  

This was a rough one for me as I had no inclination just what was going on.  I put it off too long trying to get the family Easter Celebration going.  Finally called in the paramedics in and they got me to the hospital.  Extreme pain and couldn't breathe.  Lungs full of blood clots and wouldn't let oxygenated blood flow through lungs.  Clots came from an operation that I had two weeks prior.  Had me on a heparin drip for three days and that took most of the pain away and now I have to be on Eliquis the rest of the way, no more blood thinners or aspirin.  Life feels good again and I thank God for my 'Return to Life'.  Old Guys, Don't try to go too far after feeling something go awry.   Get it checked on most times Medicare will take care of it.  That's what you worked an paid for your whole life.  

A very grateful 'OLD TOM'  

• Like 10

Welcome back bud. Take care of yourself ok.

• Thanks 1

Around 5yrs ago I had 2 DVT's behind my right knee a year apart.  One scared into the vein and blocked 90% blood flow and the other disolved.  I take a blood thinner (Xarelto) every day and wear a thigh high compression stocking every day.  Other than that, it doesn't slow me down.  Give it time to disolve -n- you'll be fine. 

Great advice on listening to what your body is telling ya. Even better advice to get yourself checked out BEFORE it developes into a bigger problem.

Really glad to hear you are feeling better.

• Like 3

God Bless you, good to see you posting !
We have more "campfires" to sit at in the future.

• Thanks 1

I'm glad you pulled through it my friend. still more treasure to find.

• Thanks 1

Good news Tom, heal well and fast 

• Thanks 1

Hope he gets well soon, praying for his recovery.

All the best,

Lanny

• Thanks 1

Only the best for the Ole Man! He  is a tough ole bird and will come through fine I am sure. In the mean time he has my best wishes for a speedy recovery! So do I assume it was a Pulmonary Embolism caused by a Pulmonary Thrombosis in perhaps a leg? Just a guess ... my sister had that years ago as a delayed reaction to a water skiing accident. They put her on blood thinners for the better part of a year. She recovered fully from it. My bet is your dad will too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2019 at 6:13 PM, TomH said:

Update. Went to see dad today. He is doing WAYYYY... better. They did find another blood clot in his right leg and will give him some kind of medicine to reduce/get rid of that one. He was eating more and wants to go home. I talked with the Doc. and he said he may be able to come home on Sat. His pain level is really down a lot now. 

Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts.

Tom H.

So glad to hear!🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear you are feeling better Tom. 

• Thanks 1

Many warm regards from up here in Montana.  Get well soon!

Bugler

• Thanks 1